By KRISTINA BAKER

Pharos-Tribune staff writer

A 15-year-old Logansport High School student is facing criminal charges in connection with a bomb threat called in last week at Lincoln Middle School.

Logansport Police Department Detective Ray Bean said the male juvenile was arrested Wednesday afternoon after authorities were able to trace the call to the student’s deactivated cell phone. The teen, whose name is not being released due to his juvenile status, is being charged with a Class D felony charge of false reporting.

The threat was phoned in to the Cass County Sheriff’s Department 911 dispatch center on Feb. 15 at approximately 11:30 a.m.

Bean said students at Lincoln were evacuated from the building last Wednesday and a search was conducted by the Logansport Police Department. No explosives were found during that search.

According to Bean, authorities were able to trace the 911 call to a cell phone number, once held by the 15-year-old. Bean explained that the teen’s cell phone had been deactivated and the last number programmed into the phone matched the number used to place the 911 call. Although the phone was deactivated, Bean said it was still able to place a 911 call.

With additional information provided by a concerned parent, authorities were able to link the cell phone to the 15-year-old student.

Bean said the juvenile was released to his parents following his arrest on Wednesday and will also face school discipline in the matter.

Logansport School Corporation Superintendent Dr. Jerry Thacker was out of the office today and could not be reached for comment.

React to this story:

0
0
0
0
0

Recommended for you