Georgetown firefighters Brian Larimore and Bryan Dixson spray water on several piles of smoldering hay. Three fire departments were dispatched about 7 a.m. today to a barn fire at 6032 W. Georgetown Road. Georgetown Volunteer Fire Department, Clymers Volunteer Fire Department and Logansport Fire Department teamed up to douse burning hay inside the barn and later spread about 65 piles onto the ground to thoroughly extinguish the blaze. They were on the scene for more than two hours. Cass County Emergency Medical Service and the sheriff’s department assisted. The barn was reportedly undamaged.
Support local journalism
We are making critical coverage of the coronavirus available for free.
Please consider subscribing so we can continue to bring you the latest news and information on this developing story.
This Week's Circulars
Tousignant, Derrek A., 31, of Bolingbrook, Illinois, formerly of Logansport, a funeral service celebrating Derrek’s life will be held at 11 a.m. today in Fisher Funeral Chapel, 1801 Chase Road, Logansport, with Pastor Anthony Cozzella officiating. Burial will follow in Mount Hope Cemetery. F…
Walter C. DeWitt, 82, of Logansport, passed away at 3:52 a.m. Thursday, Sept. 24, 2020, at Miller's Merry Manor. Born on March 28, 1938, in Royal Center, he was the son of George and Hazel (Crail) DeWitt. He was a U.S. Army veteran and served in the Vietnam War from 1960 to 1962. Walter reti…
Stevens, Michael James, 74, of Logansport, a celebration gathering of friends and family will be held from 4 – 7 p.m. today in Gundrum Funeral Home.
- Former EMT sentenced to 12 for sex with minor
- Logansport man faces child pornography charges
- Mayor: WSP 'flagrant disrespect' of citizens
- Cass jail has had seven COVID cases
- Letter: So many questions going unanswered
- Two more lawsuits against Cass Co concerning zinc plant
- Police reports, Sept. 24, 2020
- Comets crush Vikings, 36-0
- Police reports, Sept. 19, 2020
- Woman found in Carroll fire shot first