Anti Death Penalty Protest
As featured on
As opponents of the first federal execution since 2003 gathered this morning near U.S. Penitentiary Terre-Haute, the mood soon changed from extremely somber to a cheer and clapping. The group learned U.S. District Judge Tanya Chutkan ordered a new delay in federal executions.
Daniel Lewis Lee, convicted in the 1996 murder of three family members in Arkansas, was executed by lethal injection shortly after 8 a.m. Tuesday at the U.S. Penitentiary Terre Haute. It was the first federal execution in 17 years.
Support local journalism
We are making critical coverage of the coronavirus available for free.
Please consider subscribing so we can continue to bring you the latest news and information on this developing story.
This Week's Circulars
Woolington, Doris Elaine, 88, of Kewanna, a service will be held at 2:30 p.m. today at the Rochester Church of Christ, with visitation starting at 1 p.m. Burial will be at Citizens I.O.O.F. Cemetery in Kewanna, at a later date.
Doris Marlene Hall, 87, formerly of Logansport, passed away on Monday, Aug. 10, 2020, in St. Elizabeth Health Care, Delphi. Arrangements are pending at Kroeger Funeral Home.
Woolington, Doris Elaine, 88, of Kewanna, a service will be held at 2:30 p.m., Wednesday, Aug. 12, at the Rochester Church of Christ, with visitation starting at 1 p.m. Burial will be at Citizens I.O.O.F. Cemetery in Kewanna, at a later date.
- UPDATE: Two killed in crash on US 35 in Logansport
- Logansport delays classes, following Pioneer
- Men killed in US 35 crash from Fort Wayne
- BREAKING: New hotel for old mall confirmed and identified
- BREAKING Citizens protesting at gov't building after WSP files lawsuit
- Caston starts new school year with new Superintendent
- Caston hires Gina Hierlmeier as athletic director
- Police Blotter: Aug. 7, 2020
- Pioneer schools delay due to COVID-19
- Peru railroad crossing closures raise traffic concerns