As featured on
Wesley Ira Purkey, a convicted rapist and murderer, was pronounced dead this morning at 8:19 a.m. after receiving a lethal injection in the federal execution chamber at the U.S. Penitentiary in Terre Haute.
Twenty-two years after 16-year-old Jennifer Long went missing in western Missouri, her father saw the man convicted of kidnapping, raping and killing her executed Thursday morning at the U.S. Penitentiary in Terre Haute.
Support local journalism
We are making critical coverage of the coronavirus available for free.
Please consider subscribing so we can continue to bring you the latest news and information on this developing story.
This Week's Circulars
Woolington, Doris Elaine, 88, of Kewanna, a service will be held at 2:30 p.m. today at the Rochester Church of Christ, with visitation starting at 1 p.m. Burial will be at Citizens I.O.O.F. Cemetery in Kewanna, at a later date.
Johns, Mildred “Mickey” Ruth, 94, of Logansport, a private family memorial service will be held at the Ever-Rest Memorial Park Chapel, with Kelly Spencer officiating. A celebration of life will be held at 4 p.m. Friday, Aug. 14, at the American Legion, 828 Burlington Ave., Logansport.
Doris Marlene Hall, 87, formerly of Logansport, passed away on Monday, Aug. 10, 2020, in St. Elizabeth Health Care, Delphi. Arrangements are pending at Kroeger Funeral Home.
Woolington, Doris Elaine, 88, of Kewanna, a service will be held at 2:30 p.m., Wednesday, Aug. 12, at the Rochester Church of Christ, with visitation starting at 1 p.m. Burial will be at Citizens I.O.O.F. Cemetery in Kewanna, at a later date.
- UPDATE: Two killed in crash on US 35 in Logansport
- Logansport delays classes, following Pioneer
- BREAKING: New hotel for old mall confirmed and identified
- Men killed in US 35 crash from Fort Wayne
- BREAKING Citizens protesting at gov't building after WSP files lawsuit
- Caston starts new school year with new Superintendent
- Caston hires Gina Hierlmeier as athletic director
- Cass County high schools to allow limited fans at fall sports events
- Police Blotter: Aug. 7, 2020
- Pioneer schools delay due to COVID-19