A pre-dawn fire Friday, July 8, at Closson Lumber, 815 Erie Ave. in Logansport, burned multiple buildings to the ground. Opened on the site in 1902, the lumberyard had been a constant in the city for generations. Every Logansport fire truck and firefighter on duty responded to the blaze, which had fully engulfed the buildings before they arrived. Investigators said the cause of the fire could not be determined. Photos by J. Kyle Keener | Pharos-Tribune
As featured on
Support local journalism
We are making critical coverage of the coronavirus available for free.
Please consider subscribing so we can continue to bring you the latest news and information on this developing story.
This Week's Circulars
Bonnie K. (Hellyer) James McDonald, 76, Logansport, passed away Sunday, Aug. 2, 2020. A gathering of family and friends will be 3-6 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 5, in Fisher Funeral Chapel. To read her full obituary, visit www.fisherfuneralchapel.com.
Bell, Betty C., 88, of Logansport, a celebration of life will be held at 11 a.m. today at Gundrum Funeral Home with Candice Hinkle officiation. Burial will follow in Rock Creek Cemetery.
McDonald, Bonnie K. (Hellyer) James, 76, Logansport, a gathering of family and friends will be from 3-6 p.m. today at Fisher Funeral Chapel.
Benjamin "Benny" Woolever, 64, died Thursday at home. Visitation: 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday, Aug. 3, with the funeral at 1 p.m., both at Logansport Church of the Nazarene. Complete obituary: www.kroegerfuneralhome.com. Arrangements: Kroeger Funeral Home.
- 3 Pioneer football players test positive for COVID-19
- Breaking news: Logansport council comes out against WSP
- Couple plans to bring party back to Winamac opera house
- Suit against Cass Co on WSP proceedings in legal limbo
- Two Rochester youths arrested for threats against school
- Pharos-Tribune editor arrested for drunken driving
- Titus looks back on ’74 regional champion team
- Arguments heard in suit against Cass County
- Trophy Factory goes 10-0 to win Babe Ruth championship
- 17-year-old facing attempted murder charge in adult court