Kokomo's D turns back Logan
Kokomo’s football team rode an explosive offensive attack to North Central Conference championships in 2007-11. The Wildkats showed a solid attack in posting a runner-up finish last year.
The Wildkats lack the same type of punch this year — but they have a defense willing to shoulder a heavier workload.
Cass hammers Taylor
The Lewis Cass football team looks like it’s starting to hit its stride at exactly the right time.
The Kings moved above .500 for the first time since Week 1 in Friday’s 48-0 shutout at Taylor, improving to 4-3 overall and 3-2 in Mid-Indiana Conference play.
Cass has won three straight games for the first time this season, setting up a juicy homecoming game when Maconaquah visits next week. The Braves have won four straight and hold a 5-2 overall record and 4-1 MIC mark after defeating Peru 28-19 Friday.
Pioneer rolls past North White
Pioneer’s football team played host to Midwest Conference foe North White Friday night at “The Pit.” Both teams entered the game with 4-2 records and most in attendance were expecting a fairly decent game — but the Vikings defense had no answer for Pioneer’s high-powered offense as the Panthers rolled to a 64-36 win over the Vikings.
- Reds face offseason of questions after late slide CINCINNATI (AP) -- The Reds kept their lineup virtually intact in the offseason, convinced it was ready for a push deep into the playoffs. They didn't add anything at midseason, thinking they were still fine. They paid for those decisions in another
- Rays blank Indians in AL Wild Card game CLEVELAND (AP) -- The Tampa Bay Rays' road show rolls on. Next stop: Boston. Alex Cobb dodged trouble for nearly seven innings and the Rays pitched their way to another must-have win on the road, beating the Cleveland Indians 4-0 Wednesday night in t
- Indiana scores 73 in season-opening win over ISU BLOOMINGTON (AP) -- Indiana's Nate Sudfeld threw four touchdown passes, and Tevin Coleman rushed for 169 yards and two more TDs in Thursday night's record-breaking 73-35 victory over Indiana State. The Hoosiers (1-0) scored 45 points in the first hal
- Final chance to shine before final cuts INDIANAPOLIS — Final evaluations. That's how Indianapolis Colts coach Chuck Pagano views tonight's preseason finale with the Cincinnati Bengals. Veteran wide receiver Reggie Wayne, meanwhile, makes a more cultural comparison. "It's like getting voted off the island," Wayne joked recently.
- BOWMAN: Darland dazzles in Smackdown Prior to the 2013 season, Lincoln open-wheel standout Dave Darland noted in a conversation that he had two primary goals entering the season.
- Without a major this year, Woods looks to FedEx Cup JERSEY CITY, N.J. (AP) -- This might be the best way to measure Tiger Woods' season. Sam Snead is getting more attention than Jack Nicklaus. Woods said again Wednesday at The Barclays this already has been a great season, and it's difficult to argue.
VIDEO: NC State player makes one-handed somersault catch
North Carolina State University Center Fielder Brett Williams was caught on camera making a one-handed catch before landing with an acrobatic midair cartwheel against the New Mexico State Aggies.
- More Sports Headlines
- Kokomo's D turns back Logan