• Promote the creation of new jobs in Logansport and Cass County through a coordinated economic development effort.
• Encourage improved housing in the community by ridding neighborhoods of blighted properties and exploring the development of new housing.
• Encourage parity in athletic competition among Indiana schools. Explore options to the current system, which has seen the same schools dominate year after year.
• Encourage Republicans to take advantage of their control of city and county government to improve cooperation among agencies and explore the possibility of saving taxpayer dollars through consolidation.
• Insist that local elected officials be accountable to the public.
• Encourage state lawmakers to take another look at the local government reforms proposed by the Kernan-Shepard Commission.
• Support local schools in their efforts to improve student performance.
• Continue efforts to identify the community’s assets and promote them both here and elsewhere.