Recently, Logansport Elks Lodge 66 held its annual “feather party.”
On behalf of myself and this great organization, I would like to thank our local merchants: Electric Beach, Fire Stone Grill, Arnold’s Jewelry and Gifts, Home Depot, The Nest, Logan Tire, Fernbaugh’s Jewelry, Pond View Golf Course, Indian Trails Winery, Advance Auto, Jerry’s Pizza, Soft Touch Car Wash, Partridge Home Furnishings, D&J Liquors, Baker Specialty & Supply, NAPA Auto Parts, All Phase Electric, House of Beauty, Dale Hardy Supplies, Engineering Aggregates, Deichman Excavating, Central Paving, Kirby Risk, West Side Diner, Martin’s Super Market, Cato, Hair Salon 303, Mike Anderson GM Super Center, Mike Anderson Chrysler Dodge Jeep, Ultimate Fitness, Taco Bell, Old Style Inn, U-Know Pizza, Mid-America Radio Group, Shoe Sensation, Pizza Hut, Logansport Lumber, Regis Hair Salon, D&B Variety, Rural King, Mr. Happy Burger, Cass County Ford, The Gallery, Burger King, Designer Joe’s, Culligan Water Treatment, Maxx Tan, KFC/Long John Silver’s, Family Video, Domino’s Pizza, The Village Peddler, Amelio’s, Arone Hardware, Pear Tree Gallery, Closson Lumber, Auto Zone, Logansport Golf Club, Mike’s Auto, Kun’s Kountry Kitchen, The Old Mill, Dutch Mill, Applebee’s, Corner Cupboard, The Neighborhood Tavern, Bonnell’s Gas and Grocery, Myers Sport Bowl, Jet Transport, McGovern’s Bar & Eatery, Main Street Markets, Dye Lumber Company, China Lane, The People’s Winery, Dykeman Golf Course, Harris Glass Company, Cass County Family Y, Oasis Spirits, Bodyworks and the Candle Lady.
To the individual donors: Jill Nolte, Keith Knight, Erin Black, Dorothy Woodling, Jim and Kim Wolf, Amy Cunningham, Steven Pearson, Linda Pearson, Jim Vance, Gary Yeakley, George Roland, Delores Rennawanz, Tim Kesler, Jim Dunn, Francis Luey, Keith Woodruff, Pat Yeakley, Carlin Yeakley, Mike Schoreder, Mary Ann Netser, Cathy Depoy, Darcy Piery and Patty Shaffer.
To the staff: Rick Hopper and Mandy for auctioneering; Larry and Mary Lou Zeck for keeping auction records; Ron Lucky, John ruff, Rick Hopper, Jeff Frank and Brad Netser for the meal preparation; Patty Shaffer, Mary Ann Netser, Amy Roland, Amy Cunningham, Heidi Hendricks-Knight and Jodie Frank for working in the dining room; and Mike Schroder, Dennis Strasser, Aaron Green, Keith Knight and Steven Pearson for cleaning up.
I would also like to thank the Logansport Elkettes for their wonderful desserts and anyone else who may have donated their time and money to make this such a success. Because of your efforts and your money, we raised $6,000 for the Indiana Elks Cancer Research Project.
Ken Shaffer, Feather party chairman, Elks Lodge 66
- KITCHELL: Mandela's honor deserved When I walked across the floor of the Indiana Convention Center six years ago this past summer, I witnessed one amazing moment. There, during Indiana Black Expo, the longest-running event of its kind in the United States, a packed house filled with d
- PARKER: The pope and the president WASHINGTON -- We have reached a new level of political absurdity when the right is mad at the pope and the left wants to anoint his head with oil. Everyone seems to have his own special version of Pope Francis. Liberals have declared him a crusader f
- THEIR VIEW: Unhealthy approach to coverage Even as Indiana opponents of Obamacare shed crocodile tears for the few who may be forced to upgrade substandard medical insurance plans, they push ahead with a plan guaranteeing that thousands of Hoosiers will be left with no medical coverage at all
- MARCUS: Personal property tax evidence needed The Indiana General Assembly is generous when giving away the revenues of local govern-ments. The latest scheme, advocated by the politicians wielding power at the state level, is to give a nice tax break to businesses at the expense of local governm
- VILLAGE IDIOT: Picture's worth a thousand kilobytes This morning my computer told me it was out of memory, that it couldn't save one more byte until I deleted some files. Did I mention that my machine's got a ton of memory? There's no way I could have used all that memory in only a single lifetime. Wh
- PUBLIC FORUM: Carousel thanks the community for support Carousel thanks the community for support Winter-fest at the Cass County Carousel is the time of the year that our nonprofit organization opens our facility free to the public. It is a day filled with free carousel rides and refreshments offered by t
- HAYDEN: Differences in lists of wants Every year at about this time, Statehouse reporters like me ask lawmakers what their priorities will be for the coming year. The more interesting inquiry is made by the people at Ball State’s Bowen Center for Public Affairs because they ask Hoosiers
LYONS: The South keeps America interesting
For all the regional tensions in American politics, have you ever stopped to think what a boring country this would be without the South?
- HOWEY: Drs. Bucshon, Brown and the Obamacare era Larry Bucshon is a heart surgeon, a Republican and a congressman. He has had employees who have reached lifetime insurance caps and ended up on Medicaid. He has seen thousands of poor Hoosiers on Medicaid denied access to health care. He paid about $
- PUBLIC FORUM: Sunday, Dec. 8, 2013 Why did agency lose its United Way funding? I moved here 12 years ago. I have been involved with United Way and Mental Health America all that time. I want to know since you are an open agency, what did Mental Health America do? I am down there ever
- More Opinion Headlines