Jody A. Buell, 44, Logansport, passed away at 12:05 p.m. Friday, Feb. 8, 2013, in Logansport Memorial Hospital.
Born Nov. 12, 1968, in Elkhart, he was the son of James A. and Ruth Ann Coates Buell. In 1997 he married Kathryn D. Sellers, who preceded him in death Sept. 2, 2002.
Jody was a guard at the Miami County Correctional Facility.
He was an avid Colts and Notre Dame fan. Jody was a member of the Black Rock Project and enjoyed working out.
Surviving Jody are his mother, Ruth Ann Hess of Logansport; son, Katlin Zane Buell of Logansport; daughter, Jordan (Justin) Cook of Peru; companion, Chrissy Robinson of Logansport; brother, Josh Hess of Logansport; two granddaughters, Alectra and Kalliope Cook of Peru; four aunts, Eve DeHaven, Lynn (Jim) Norzinskay, Lavina Samuels and Rhiannon Cynawae, all of Logansport; two uncles, Fred Coates of South Bend and Jim (Frances) Coates of North Carolina; special cousin, Nikki Taylor; best friend Randy Bengal; several other cousins and three nephews.
He was preceded in death by one brother, Jim Buell.
A celebration of life will be held at 7 p.m. Monday in the Gundrum Funeral Home with Wade Moss officiating. Burial will be private in Mount Hope Cemetery.
Visitation will be held from 3 p.m. until the time of service Monday in the funeral home.
Memorial contributions may be made to the family.
You may sign the guest book and send online condolences at gundrumfuneralhome.com
- Helen G. Simmerman CAMDEN — Helen G. Simmerman, 94, Camden, passed away at 1 p.m. Friday, July 25, 2014, at St. Elizabeth Healthcare Center in Delphi.She was born July 31, 1919, in White County, to Fred and Doris Goodin DeWitt. She graduated from Wolcott High School in
- Virginia H. Ballard INDIANAPOLIS — Virginia H. Ballard, 91, Indianapolis, passed away at 8:30 p.m. Saturday, July 26, 2014, in Community Hospital East, Indianapolis.Born March 11, 1923, in Logansport, Virginia was the daughter to the late Ernest R. and Jennie (Marchand)
- Larry J. Smith FORT WAYNE — Larry J. Smith, 71, Fort Wayne, formerly of Logansport, passed away Thursday, July 24, 2014.He was born in Logansport, the son of the late Joe and Virginia (Grusenmeyer) Smith. He served his country in the Army during Vietnam. He worked
- Max D. Beck YOUNG AMERICA — Max D. Beck, 88, Young America, passed away early Sunday morning, July 27, 2014, at his home.He was born Feb. 3, 1926, in Cass County, to Dell E. and Muriel (Gish) Beck. On June 8, 1947, in Center U.B. Church, he married Eldonna A. Bu
- Frances Juanita Bookwalter PERU — Frances Juanita Bookwalter, 93, Peru, passed away Sunday, July 27, 2014, at Howard Regional Health Campus, Kokomo.Funeral services will be 2 p.m. Thursday at McClain Funeral Home, Denver, with the Rev. J. Robert Clark and the Rev. Catherine Ko
- James E. Young ROANN – James E. Young, 78, rural Roann, passed away at 11:37 p.m. Saturday, July 26, 2014, at his residence.Services are 11 a.m. Friday, with one hour visitation prior to service, at Hartzler Funeral Home, 305 W. Rochester St., Akron, with Pastor Th
- Debra K. Hardacre MACY — Debra K. Hardacre, 54, Macy, Nyona Lake, passed away at 4:15 a.m. Monday, July 28, 2014, at her residence.Funeral services will be noon Wednesday at Zimmerman Bros. Funeral Home, Rochester, with the Rev. George Hapner officiating. Burial will
- Patricia J. “Pat” Thomas BUFFALO — Patricia J. “Pat” Thomas, 90, Buffalo, passed away on Sunday, July 27, 2014, at St. Elizabeth East Hospital in Lafayette.The funeral service will be 10 a.m. Thursday at Miller – Roscka Funeral Home, Monticello. Burial will follow in Memory
- Dorothy M. Gast Dorothy M. Gast, 101, Logansport, passed away Friday, July 25, 2014, at Miller’s Merry Manor, Logansport.A celebration of life will be 2 p.m. today at Gundrum Funeral Home. Burial will be in Mount Hope Cemetery.Visitation will be from 1 p.m. until th
- Mary C. Hopkins Mary C. Hopkins, 75, Lafayette, died at 7:25 a.m. Friday, July 25, 2014, at her residence. Celebration of life services will be 1 p.m. at Kossuth Street Baptist Church in Lafayette. Visitation will be from 11 a.m. until the time of service, with Past
- More Obituaries Headlines