Jody A. Buell, 44, Logansport, passed away at 12:05 p.m. Friday, Feb. 8, 2013, in Logansport Memorial Hospital.
Born Nov. 12, 1968, in Elkhart, he was the son of James A. and Ruth Ann Coates Buell. In 1997 he married Kathryn D. Sellers, who preceded him in death Sept. 2, 2002.
Jody was a guard at the Miami County Correctional Facility.
He was an avid Colts and Notre Dame fan. Jody was a member of the Black Rock Project and enjoyed working out.
Surviving Jody are his mother, Ruth Ann Hess of Logansport; son, Katlin Zane Buell of Logansport; daughter, Jordan (Justin) Cook of Peru; companion, Chrissy Robinson of Logansport; brother, Josh Hess of Logansport; two granddaughters, Alectra and Kalliope Cook of Peru; four aunts, Eve DeHaven, Lynn (Jim) Norzinskay, Lavina Samuels and Rhiannon Cynawae, all of Logansport; two uncles, Fred Coates of South Bend and Jim (Frances) Coates of North Carolina; special cousin, Nikki Taylor; best friend Randy Bengal; several other cousins and three nephews.
He was preceded in death by one brother, Jim Buell.
A celebration of life will be held at 7 p.m. Monday in the Gundrum Funeral Home with Wade Moss officiating. Burial will be private in Mount Hope Cemetery.
Visitation will be held from 3 p.m. until the time of service Monday in the funeral home.
Memorial contributions may be made to the family.
You may sign the guest book and send online condolences at gundrumfuneralhome.com
- Robert J. Bruner CONVERSE -- Robert J. Bruner, 86, Converse, formerly of Logansport, passed away on Tuesday, March 4, 2014, in his home. He was born Nov. 19, 1927, in Logansport, to the late Robert U. and Helen M. (Bauman) Bruner. Robert graduated from Logansport Hig
- No Headline Provided WINAMAC -- Reagan Elizabeth June Artist, infant daughter of Matthew Artist and Courtney Fitz of Winamac, passed away at 7:01 p.m. Sunday, March 2, 2014, at St. Joseph Regional Medical Center in Plymouth. Graveside services will be at 2 p.m. (EST) Fri
- Donald R. 'Bob' Gunter Donald R. "Bob" Gunter, 83, Logansport, passed away unexpectedly at 8:38 p.m. Sunday, March 2, 2014, at Logansport Memorial Hospital. Born on June 3, 1930, in Royal Center, he was the son of the late Andrew and Huldah (Reinholt) Gunter. On Dec. 5, 19
- Dorothy J. Schroeder MONTICELLO -- Dorothy J. Schroeder, 88, Monticello, passed away at 9:11 a.m. Wednesday, March 5, 2014, at IU Health Arnett Hospital, Lafayette. She was born on Oct. 17, 1925, in White County to the late Raymond C. and Minnie (Rickard) Farmer. On Feb.
- Mary Bonnie Ailor KOKOMO -- Mary Bonnie Ailor, 95, Kokomo, passed away on Saturday, March 1, 2014, at her home. She was born Aug. 10, 1918, in Andersonville, Tenn., to Peter and Malinda (Ford) Melton. On Nov. 27, 1936, she married Milton Ailor, and he preceded her in
- Jesus 'Jesse' Mendiola WINAMAC -- Jesus "Jesse" Mendiola, 57, Winamac, passed away at 11:13 p.m. Tuesday, March 4, 2014, at his daughter's home in Winamac. Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. (EST) Friday at Frain Mortuary, Winamac with the Rev. Leroy Kinnaman officiating.
- Jerry L. Kistler ROYAL CENTER -- Jerry L. Kistler, 77, Royal Center, passed away Monday, March 3, 2014, at St. Vincent Hospital in Indianapolis surrounded by his loving family. Born Oct. 3, 1936, in Royal Center, he was the son of the late Paul and Eunice (Spencer) K
- William 'Bill' C. Gilbert William "Bill" C. Gilbert, 76, Logansport, passed away at 1:05 p.m. Tuesday, March 4, 2014, in Sycamore Village, Kokomo. Born Aug. 24, 1937, Bill was the son of the late Glen Sr. and Alyce (McCoy) Gilbert. He was an operator engineer, a United States
- Robert J. Bruner CONVERSE -- Robert J. Bruner, 86, Converse, formerly of Logansport, passed away on Tuesday, March 4, 2014, in his home. He was born Nov. 19, 1927, in Logansport, to the late Robert E. and Helen M. (Bowman) Bruner. Robert graduated from Logansport Hig
- Mary Bonnie Ailor Mary Bonnie Ailor KOKOMO -- Mary Bonnie Ailor, 95, Kokomo, passed away on Saturday, March 1, 2014, at her home. She was born Aug. 10, 1918, in Andersonville, Tenn., to Peter and Malinda (Ford) Melton. On Nov. 27, 1936, she married Milton Ailor, and
- More Obituaries Headlines