Jody A. Buell, 44, Logansport, passed away at 12:05 p.m. Friday, Feb. 8, 2013, in Logansport Memorial Hospital.
Born Nov. 12, 1968, in Elkhart, he was the son of James A. and Ruth Ann Coates Buell. In 1997 he married Kathryn D. Sellers, who preceded him in death Sept. 2, 2002.
Jody was a guard at the Miami County Correctional Facility.
He was an avid Colts and Notre Dame fan. Jody was a member of the Black Rock Project and enjoyed working out.
Surviving Jody are his mother, Ruth Ann Hess of Logansport; son, Katlin Zane Buell of Logansport; daughter, Jordan (Justin) Cook of Peru; companion, Chrissy Robinson of Logansport; brother, Josh Hess of Logansport; two granddaughters, Alectra and Kalliope Cook of Peru; four aunts, Eve DeHaven, Lynn (Jim) Norzinskay, Lavina Samuels and Rhiannon Cynawae, all of Logansport; two uncles, Fred Coates of South Bend and Jim (Frances) Coates of North Carolina; special cousin, Nikki Taylor; best friend Randy Bengal; several other cousins and three nephews.
He was preceded in death by one brother, Jim Buell.
A celebration of life will be held at 7 p.m. Monday in the Gundrum Funeral Home with Wade Moss officiating. Burial will be private in Mount Hope Cemetery.
Visitation will be held from 3 p.m. until the time of service Monday in the funeral home.
Memorial contributions may be made to the family.
You may sign the guest book and send online condolences at gundrumfuneralhome.com
- Zelda Burke MONTICELLO — Zelda Burke, 85, Monticello (Carroll County), passed away at 5:08 a.m. Monday, Aug. 18, 2014, at the Monticello Assisted Living and Healthcare Center in Monticello.Funeral Mass will be at 11 a.m. Friday at Our Lady of The Lakes Catholic
- Joanna Reyes ROCHESTER — Joanna Reyes, 89, Rochester, passed away at 9:35 a.m. Tuesday, Aug. 19, 2014, at her residence.A celebration of the life will be at 4 p.m. Thursday in the Good Family Funeral Home, 1200 W. 18th St., Rochester, with Chaplain Jason See offi
- Sharon N. Tuley WINAMAC — Sharon N. Tuley, 72, Winamac, passed away at 5:35 p.m. Friday, Aug. 15, 2014, at her residence.The Funeral Mass will be 11 a.m. (EDT) Saturday at St. Peter’s Catholic Church, Winamac, with the Rev. Leroy Kinnaman officiating.The visitation
- Patricia A. Baker WARSAW — Patricia A. Baker, 86, Warsaw, formerly of Akron, passed away at 7:29 p.m. Friday, Aug. 15, 2014, at her residence. Services will be 11 a.m. Wednesday at Hartzler Funeral Home, 305 W. Rochester St., Akron, with Pastor Jeff Pfeifer officiatin
- Georgia P. Logsdon DELPHI — Georgia Logsdon, 88, Delphi passed away Saturday, Aug. 16, 2014, at St. Elizabeth Healthcare, Delphi.Visitation will be from 11 a.m. until the 1 p.m. service Friday, at the First Assembly of God Church, Delphi. Brad Burton officiating. Buria
- Joan Stewart DELPHI — Joan Stewart, 71, Delphi, passed away at Monticello Healthcare on Sunday, Aug. 17, 2014.Visitation will be from 11 a.m. until the 2 p.m. service Thursday at Davidson Funeral Home. Pastor Brent Oliver officiating. Burial will be in Morning He
- Mary Ellen Nies Mary Ellen Nies, 89, Logansport, passed away peacefully at 7:50 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 17, 2014, at Pleasant Escape Assisted Living in Logansport.Born May 7, 1925, in Pulaski County, she was the daughter of the late Rudolph and Ella (McLochlin) Fox. She m
- Terry Alan 'Jake' Benedict Sr. Terry Alan ‘Jake’ Benedict Sr., 65, Logansport, passed away at 5:25 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 16, 2014, in his residence surrounded by his family.Born Jan. 27, 1949, in Peru, he was the son of George and Alice (Walls) Benedict.On June 19, 1988, in Loganspo
- William Joseph 'Bill' Lemons BURNSVILLE, N.C. — William Joseph (Bill) Lemons, 55, Burnsville, N.C., passed away at 8:15 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 16, 2014, at Brookside Rehabilitation Center, Burnsville, N.C.He was preceded in death by his parents, Robert E. and Virginia Kate Lemons;
- Robert G. Peterson BURNETTSVILLE – Robert G. Peterson, 75, of rural Burnettsville, passed away Sunday, Aug. 17, 2014, at his home. He was born March 29, 1939, in Logansport, to George Washington and Norma LuLu Hayes Peterson. After graduating from Burnettsville High Sc
- More Obituaries Headlines