John A. Davis Sr.
John A. Davis Sr., 84, Logansport, passed away at 4:10 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 6, 2012, in his residence.
Born in Logansport on Oct. 8, 1928, he was the son of James and Anna Wilson Davis. On March 25, 1950, in Fort Wayne, he was married to Lona Brunner, who survives.
John retired in 1986 after 36 years of employment with Conrail, formerly Pennsylvania Railroad, and was a United States Army Air Corps veteran, having served during World War II. He was a member of Helm Street Church of God.
John was instrumental in the building of the new sanctuary for the Helm Street Church of God, and was a lifelong server of the church. He also served on many church committees.
Along with his wife, John had been a foster parent for many children. They both served on the former Washington School PTA, where he had been a co-president with Lona.
John, an avid reader, also enjoyed traveling, and title searching of court and county records. One of his greatest accomplishments was building a home for his family.
Also surviving are children, Eric (Patti) Davis, St. Petersburg, Fla., Janet (Kyle) Hocker, Indianapolis, John (Darla) Davis, Logansport, and Jennifer (James) Husar, Indianapolis.; brother, William Davis, Deer Creek; eight grandchildren, Oden Davis, Robyn Black, Stone and Cole Hocker, Laura and Seth Husar, and Nicholas and Sarah Davis; two great grandchildren, Alyssa and Dalton; and several nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by two sisters, Margaret Hoover and Rose Friedline; and one brother, Frank Davis.
The funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Tuesday at Helm Street Church of God with the Revs. Dean Snyder and Dellmus Hall officiating. Interment with full military honors will be in Indian Creek Christian Cemetery, Lucerne.
Visitation will be from 3 until 8 p.m. Monday at Kroeger Funeral Home and from 10 a.m. until the time of the service Tuesday at the church.
Memorial contributions, in lieu of flowers, may be made to Helm Street Church of God, 711 Helm Street, Logansport, IN 46947.
Condolences may be left online at www.kroegerfuneralhome.com.
John A. Davis Sr.
- Joseph Patacsil Joseph Patacsil, 86, Logansport, passed away at 2:30 a.m. Wednesday, July 23, 2014, in his residence.The Mass of Christian Burial will be 10 a.m. Monday at All Saints Catholic Church, with Father Michael McKinney officiating. Interment with full mili
- Sue Ellen Pettit Demaray BROOKSTON — Sue Ellen Pettit Demaray, 52, Brookston, passed away at 6:30 p.m. Friday, July 18, 2014, at her residence.Friends may call Friday from 10 a.m. until her funeral at noon at Abbott Funeral Home, Delphi, with the Rev. Dawn Bodi officiating.
- Deirdre A. 'Dee' Green Kelly LAFAYETTE — Deirdre A. “Dee” Green Kelly, 51, Lafayette, passed away at 5:45 p.m. Tuesday, July 22, 2014, at her home. Friends may call from 11 a.m. until her funeral at 1:30 p.m. Saturday at Baker-Abbott Funeral Home, Flora.
- Paula M. Brittain PERU — Paula M. Brittain, 83, Peru, passed away at 10:18 p.m. Tuesday, July 22, 2014, at Howard Community Hospital, Kokomo.A service celebrating her life will be 11 a.m. Saturday at the Eikenberry-Eddy Funeral Home, 84 W. Main St., Peru, with Senior
- George L. Voltz George L. Voltz, 83, Logansport, passed away peacefully at 7:45 a.m. Sunday, July 20, 2014, at his residence, in the care of Guardian Angel Hospice, surrounded by his family.Born June 30, 1931, in Harlin County, Ky., he was the son of Leslie S. and R
- Mary Faye (Rumell) Spraker CUTLER — Mary Faye (Rumell) Spraker, 68, Cutler, went to be with her Lord and Savior on Tuesday, July 22, 2014, surrounded by her family, at her residence.She was born Oct. 6, 1945, in Cannelton to the late Charles Gilbert and Hattie Mae (Jackson) Sp
- James Fredrick Weese James Fredrick Weese, 26, Logansport, passed away in a tragic vehicular accident at 3:43 p.m. Monday, July 21, 2014, on East Division Road.James was born Dec. 12, 1987, in Berlin, Wis. He was married to Lindsey Cox Weese, who survives.James was a ful
- Elizabeth Reid Yohe NEWBURGH — Elizabeth Reid Yohe, 83, Newburgh, passed away Wednesday, July 16, 2014, at her home.She was born Jan. 15, 1931, in Norristown, Pa., to the late Raymond C. and Marian J. Reid.Elizabeth was preceded in death by her husband of 57 years, Jame
- William L. 'Bill' Leslie FLORA — William L. “Bill” Leslie, 79, Flora, passed away at 6:30 a.m. Monday, July 21, 2014, at his residence. Friends may call from 4 to 7 p.m. Thursday at Baker-Abbott Funeral Home, Flora. Private family interment will be in Rossville Cemetery.
- Linda Sue Skiles DELPHI — Linda Sue Skiles, 76, Delphi, passed away at 1:38 p.m. Sunday, July 20, 2014. A graveside service will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday, July 30, at Fair Haven Cemetery near Mulberry.Abbott Funeral Home-Delphi is in charge of arrangements.
- More Obituaries Headlines