John A. Davis Sr.
John A. Davis Sr., 84, Logansport, passed away at 4:10 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 6, 2012, in his residence.
Born in Logansport on Oct. 8, 1928, he was the son of James and Anna Wilson Davis. On March 25, 1950, in Fort Wayne, he was married to Lona Brunner, who survives.
John retired in 1986 after 36 years of employment with Conrail, formerly Pennsylvania Railroad, and was a United States Army Air Corps veteran, having served during World War II. He was a member of Helm Street Church of God.
John was instrumental in the building of the new sanctuary for the Helm Street Church of God, and was a lifelong server of the church. He also served on many church committees.
Along with his wife, John had been a foster parent for many children. They both served on the former Washington School PTA, where he had been a co-president with Lona.
John, an avid reader, also enjoyed traveling, and title searching of court and county records. One of his greatest accomplishments was building a home for his family.
Also surviving are children, Eric (Patti) Davis, St. Petersburg, Fla., Janet (Kyle) Hocker, Indianapolis, John (Darla) Davis, Logansport, and Jennifer (James) Husar, Indianapolis.; brother, William Davis, Deer Creek; eight grandchildren, Oden Davis, Robyn Black, Stone and Cole Hocker, Laura and Seth Husar, and Nicholas and Sarah Davis; two great grandchildren, Alyssa and Dalton; and several nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by two sisters, Margaret Hoover and Rose Friedline; and one brother, Frank Davis.
The funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Tuesday at Helm Street Church of God with the Revs. Dean Snyder and Dellmus Hall officiating. Interment with full military honors will be in Indian Creek Christian Cemetery, Lucerne.
Visitation will be from 3 until 8 p.m. Monday at Kroeger Funeral Home and from 10 a.m. until the time of the service Tuesday at the church.
Memorial contributions, in lieu of flowers, may be made to Helm Street Church of God, 711 Helm Street, Logansport, IN 46947.
Condolences may be left online at www.kroegerfuneralhome.com.
John A. Davis Sr.
- Fredrick C. 'Fritz' Salomon Fredrick C. 'Fritz' Salomon MONTICELLO -- Fredrick C. "Fritz" Salomon, 52, Monticello, passed away on Saturday, Dec. 7, 2013, at the Chase Center Nursing Home in Logansport. Celebration of Life Service will be at 10:30 a.m. Friday at the Miller-Ros
- Bernard J. 'Bernie' Valenta Bernard J. 'Bernie' Valenta DELPHI -- Bernard J. "Bernie" Valenta, 78, Delphi, passed away at 1:30 a.m. Tuesday, Dec. 10, 2013, at his son's home. Funeral mass will be at 10 a.m. Thursday, at St. Joseph Catholic Church with Father Robert Williams of
- Cornelia A. Corky' Behler Little Cornelia A. 'Corky' Behler Little DELPHI -- Cornelia A. "Corky" Behler Little, 91, Delphi, passed away at 11 a.m. Monday, Dec. 9, 2013, at the Monticello Healthcare Center. Funeral Mass will be at 11:30 a.m. Friday, at St. Joseph Catholic Church, D
- Courtney B. Justice Courtney B. Justice, 71, Cass County, passed away at 1 a.m. Monday, Dec. 9, 2013, in his residence. Born Dec. 28, 1941, in Logansport, he was the son of John and Martha Been Justice. His parents survive, residing in Cass County. He was married Dec. 3
- Wilma Lee Cochran SALLIS, Miss. -- Wilma Lee Cochran, 50, formerly of Peru, Sallis, Miss., passed away at 8:30 a.m. Friday, Dec. 6, 2013, at University Medical Center, Jackson, Miss. There will be a Mass of Christian burial at 11 a.m. Friday at St. Charles Catholic Ch
- Rayburn 'Mike' McManus Rayburn "Mike" McManus, 83, Logansport, passed away Sunday, Dec. 8, 2013, in The Arbor at Memorial Hospital. Born March 21, 1930, in Logansport, he was the son of Dennis and Goldie Stewart McManus. He was married in Logansport on June 20, 1959, to Be
- Jacqueline 'Jackie' M. Pierce Jacqueline 'Jackie' M. Pierce WALTON -- Jacqueline "Jackie" M. Pierce, 84, Walton, passed away at 9:35 p.m. Friday, Dec. 6, 2013, at Community Howard Regional Hospital. She was born Oct. 31, 1929, to Elizabeth (Walbrecht) Freeman in Harlan County, K
- Darrell Dean Williams Darrell Dean Williams RAMONA, Okla. -- Darrell Dean Williams, 67, Ramona, Okla., died Monday, Dec. 2, 2013. Born on Aug. 16, 1946, in Rochester to Glenn and Margaret (Kasten) Williams of Rochester, he graduated in 1964 from Caston High School in Fult
- Robert E. Trapp Robert E. Trapp PERU -- Robert E. Trapp, 81, Peru, passed away at 3:20 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 3, 2013, at Community Howard Regional Health, Kokomo. Services will be at 2 p.m. Monday at Eikenberry Eddy Funeral Home, Peru. Burial will be at Mount Hope Ceme
- Nancy Ellen Baker Nancy Ellen Baker ROCHESTER -- Nancy Ellen Baker, 88, Rochester, passed away at 10:36 a.m. Friday, Dec. 6, 2013, at Woodlawn Hospital. A celebration of her life will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday at the Good Family Funeral Home, Rochester. Interment will be
- More Obituaries Headlines