John A. Davis Sr.
John A. Davis Sr., 84, Logansport, passed away at 4:10 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 6, 2012, in his residence.
Born in Logansport on Oct. 8, 1928, he was the son of James and Anna Wilson Davis. On March 25, 1950, in Fort Wayne, he was married to Lona Brunner, who survives.
John retired in 1986 after 36 years of employment with Conrail, formerly Pennsylvania Railroad, and was a United States Army Air Corps veteran, having served during World War II. He was a member of Helm Street Church of God.
John was instrumental in the building of the new sanctuary for the Helm Street Church of God, and was a lifelong server of the church. He also served on many church committees.
Along with his wife, John had been a foster parent for many children. They both served on the former Washington School PTA, where he had been a co-president with Lona.
John, an avid reader, also enjoyed traveling, and title searching of court and county records. One of his greatest accomplishments was building a home for his family.
Also surviving are children, Eric (Patti) Davis, St. Petersburg, Fla., Janet (Kyle) Hocker, Indianapolis, John (Darla) Davis, Logansport, and Jennifer (James) Husar, Indianapolis.; brother, William Davis, Deer Creek; eight grandchildren, Oden Davis, Robyn Black, Stone and Cole Hocker, Laura and Seth Husar, and Nicholas and Sarah Davis; two great grandchildren, Alyssa and Dalton; and several nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by two sisters, Margaret Hoover and Rose Friedline; and one brother, Frank Davis.
The funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Tuesday at Helm Street Church of God with the Revs. Dean Snyder and Dellmus Hall officiating. Interment with full military honors will be in Indian Creek Christian Cemetery, Lucerne.
Visitation will be from 3 until 8 p.m. Monday at Kroeger Funeral Home and from 10 a.m. until the time of the service Tuesday at the church.
Memorial contributions, in lieu of flowers, may be made to Helm Street Church of God, 711 Helm Street, Logansport, IN 46947.
Condolences may be left online at www.kroegerfuneralhome.com.
John A. Davis Sr.
- Zelda Burke MONTICELLO — Zelda Burke, 85, Monticello (Carroll County), passed away at 5:08 a.m. Monday, Aug. 18, 2014, at the Monticello Assisted Living and Healthcare Center in Monticello.Funeral Mass will be at 11 a.m. Friday at Our Lady of The Lakes Catholic
- Joanna Reyes ROCHESTER — Joanna Reyes, 89, Rochester, passed away at 9:35 a.m. Tuesday, Aug. 19, 2014, at her residence.A celebration of the life will be at 4 p.m. Thursday in the Good Family Funeral Home, 1200 W. 18th St., Rochester, with Chaplain Jason See offi
- Sharon N. Tuley WINAMAC — Sharon N. Tuley, 72, Winamac, passed away at 5:35 p.m. Friday, Aug. 15, 2014, at her residence.The Funeral Mass will be 11 a.m. (EDT) Saturday at St. Peter’s Catholic Church, Winamac, with the Rev. Leroy Kinnaman officiating.The visitation
- Patricia A. Baker WARSAW — Patricia A. Baker, 86, Warsaw, formerly of Akron, passed away at 7:29 p.m. Friday, Aug. 15, 2014, at her residence. Services will be 11 a.m. Wednesday at Hartzler Funeral Home, 305 W. Rochester St., Akron, with Pastor Jeff Pfeifer officiatin
- Georgia P. Logsdon DELPHI — Georgia Logsdon, 88, Delphi passed away Saturday, Aug. 16, 2014, at St. Elizabeth Healthcare, Delphi.Visitation will be from 11 a.m. until the 1 p.m. service Friday, at the First Assembly of God Church, Delphi. Brad Burton officiating. Buria
- Joan Stewart DELPHI — Joan Stewart, 71, Delphi, passed away at Monticello Healthcare on Sunday, Aug. 17, 2014.Visitation will be from 11 a.m. until the 2 p.m. service Thursday at Davidson Funeral Home. Pastor Brent Oliver officiating. Burial will be in Morning He
- Mary Ellen Nies Mary Ellen Nies, 89, Logansport, passed away peacefully at 7:50 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 17, 2014, at Pleasant Escape Assisted Living in Logansport.Born May 7, 1925, in Pulaski County, she was the daughter of the late Rudolph and Ella (McLochlin) Fox. She m
- Terry Alan 'Jake' Benedict Sr. Terry Alan ‘Jake’ Benedict Sr., 65, Logansport, passed away at 5:25 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 16, 2014, in his residence surrounded by his family.Born Jan. 27, 1949, in Peru, he was the son of George and Alice (Walls) Benedict.On June 19, 1988, in Loganspo
- William Joseph 'Bill' Lemons BURNSVILLE, N.C. — William Joseph (Bill) Lemons, 55, Burnsville, N.C., passed away at 8:15 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 16, 2014, at Brookside Rehabilitation Center, Burnsville, N.C.He was preceded in death by his parents, Robert E. and Virginia Kate Lemons;
- Robert G. Peterson BURNETTSVILLE – Robert G. Peterson, 75, of rural Burnettsville, passed away Sunday, Aug. 17, 2014, at his home. He was born March 29, 1939, in Logansport, to George Washington and Norma LuLu Hayes Peterson. After graduating from Burnettsville High Sc
- More Obituaries Headlines