John A. Davis Sr.
John A. Davis Sr., 84, Logansport, passed away at 4:10 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 6, 2012, in his residence.
Born in Logansport on Oct. 8, 1928, he was the son of James and Anna Wilson Davis. On March 25, 1950, in Fort Wayne, he was married to Lona Brunner, who survives.
John retired in 1986 after 36 years of employment with Conrail, formerly Pennsylvania Railroad, and was a United States Army Air Corps veteran, having served during World War II. He was a member of Helm Street Church of God.
John was instrumental in the building of the new sanctuary for the Helm Street Church of God, and was a lifelong server of the church. He also served on many church committees.
Along with his wife, John had been a foster parent for many children. They both served on the former Washington School PTA, where he had been a co-president with Lona.
John, an avid reader, also enjoyed traveling, and title searching of court and county records. One of his greatest accomplishments was building a home for his family.
Also surviving are children, Eric (Patti) Davis, St. Petersburg, Fla., Janet (Kyle) Hocker, Indianapolis, John (Darla) Davis, Logansport, and Jennifer (James) Husar, Indianapolis.; brother, William Davis, Deer Creek; eight grandchildren, Oden Davis, Robyn Black, Stone and Cole Hocker, Laura and Seth Husar, and Nicholas and Sarah Davis; two great grandchildren, Alyssa and Dalton; and several nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by two sisters, Margaret Hoover and Rose Friedline; and one brother, Frank Davis.
The funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Tuesday at Helm Street Church of God with the Revs. Dean Snyder and Dellmus Hall officiating. Interment with full military honors will be in Indian Creek Christian Cemetery, Lucerne.
Visitation will be from 3 until 8 p.m. Monday at Kroeger Funeral Home and from 10 a.m. until the time of the service Tuesday at the church.
Memorial contributions, in lieu of flowers, may be made to Helm Street Church of God, 711 Helm Street, Logansport, IN 46947.
Condolences may be left online at www.kroegerfuneralhome.com.
John A. Davis Sr.
- Wanda L. Bailey STAR CITY -- Wanda L. Bailey, 69, Star City, passed away at 11:50 a.m. Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Rivercrest Specialty Hospital, Mishawaka. No services will be scheduled.
- Thomas W. Osby WINAMAC -- Thomas W. Osby, 81, Winamac, passed away Thursday, April 17, 2014, at his home. No services will take place.
- Philip L. Widner Sr. PERU -- Philip L. Widner Sr., 58, Peru, passed away at 10 a.m. Thursday, April 17, 2014, in Dukes Memorial Hospital, Peru. As per Philip's wishes, he will be cremated by Cass County Crematory and his family will have a private gathering.
- Leaetta J. Douglas Leaetta J. Douglas, 78, Royal Center, passed away unexpectedly at 12:50 a.m. Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Logansport Memorial Hospital. Born on June 12, 1935, in Cass County, she was the daughter of the late Emerson and Geneva (Schreckenghaust) Verno
- Lloyd Howard Miller FLORA -- Lloyd Howard Miller, 98, Flora, passed away at 4:25 p.m. Wednesday, April 16, 2014, at Sterling House, Kokomo. Friends may call from 11 a.m. until his funeral at 1 p.m. Monday at Flora United Methodist Church, with the Rev. Larry DeVos offic
- Kara C. Brown Kara C. Brown, 51, Rochester, was surrounded by her loving family when she passed away Monday, March 3, 2014, at her home. A gathering of friends and family will be from 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. Saturday at Good Family Funeral Home, 1200 W. 18th St., Roches
- Brian G. Artrip KOKOMO -- Brian G. Artrip, 42, Kokomo and Lebanon, passed away unexpectedly early Wednesday, April 16, 2014, at his home in Lebanon. He was born May 30, 1971, in Logansport. He was adopted by Larry E. and Shirley A. (Nolte) Artrip. Brian was attend
- Donnabelle Sieber DELPHI -- Donnabelle Sieber, 101, Delphi, passed away on Wednesday, April 16, 2014, at St. Elizabeth East, Lafayette. Visitation will be from 9 a.m. until the 10 a.m. Tri Kappa service on Saturday at Davidson Funeral Home, with the funeral service to
- Linda L. Zellers WARSAW -- Linda L. Zellers, 73, Warsaw, passed away at 12:40 p.m. Tuesday, April 15, 2014, in Kosciusko Community Hospital, Warsaw after a long-term battle with cancer. On May 27, 1940, she was born in Logansport, to John H. and Helen K. (Lowe) Watts
- Karen Sue Kripisch WINAMAC -- Karen Sue Kripisch, 57, Winamac, formerly of Medaryville, passed away at 5:32 p.m. Tuesday, April 15, 2014, at the Rensselaer Care Center, Rensselaer. Funeral services will be 2:30 p.m. (EDT) Friday at Frain Mortuary Querry-Ulbricht Chapel
- More Obituaries Headlines