- Local Sports
Comets fall out of MWC race with loss at Tri-County
Friday’s matchup in Wolcott between Tri-County and Caston had its share of storylines.
- Sports briefs, Feb. 21 Area swimmers do well at sectional WARSAW -- Pioneer was the top qualifier among area schools in the IHSAA boys swimming sectional preliminaries Thursday. The Panthers' Drew Benesh was the top qualifier with a fifth place finish in the 100 freestyle
- Logansport boys host Huntington North for senior night Logansport's boys basketball team concludes North Central Conference play tonight when the Berries host Huntington North. The Berries (10-5, 1-4 NCC) could finish as high as a tie for fourth place in the conference standings, as could the Vikings (1
- Warriors ready for Winamac's girls basketball team finds itself in a familiar spot -- in the regional. The Lady Warriors (14-6) face No. 12-ranked Westview (19-3) at 11 a.m. EST Saturday at the Class 2A Rensselaer Regional. The later semifinal pits No. 3 Fort Wayne Can
- Improved Berries shooting for regional title Logansport is making a return trip to the Class 4A Kokomo girls basketball regional on Saturday. The Lady Berries are the lone team there with regional experience from last season. The many Berry fans that attended the regional a year ago saw top-not
- Sports briefs, Feb. 20 Warriors stay perfect in MWC play WOLCOTT -- Winamac's boys basketball team held on for a 47-46 win at Tri-County Wednesday to remain unbeaten in Midwest Conference play. It was the Warriors' second league win on the road in as many nights. They impr
- Outdoors showcase in Indy this weekend It is once again time for the annual Indiana Deer, Turkey and Waterfowl Expo. I always try to go to this event but I do not always get there. It is held this coming weekend at the State Fairgrounds in Indianapolis and it sounds like a fun event for o
- Berries hold off Raiders Pat Skaggs had his Logansport squad prepared for a 32-minute battle against Harrison Tuesday night in the Berry Bowl. The Berries grinded out a 74-63 win over the Raiders, a possible sectional opponent and future North Central Conference opponent. "I
- DE LA BASTIDE: Famed '3' returns to Cup The famed “3” returned to NASCAR’s Sprint Cup division in a fitting fashion with Austin Dillon claiming the pole position for Sunday’s running of the Daytona 500.
- Warriors beat Falcons, move to 4-0 in MWC CHALMERS -- The Winamac boys basketball team has seen its share of struggles this season but has played its best ball when it has counted. On Tuesday night at Frontier the Warriors rose to the challenge again as they downed the Falcons in a Midwest
- More Local Sports Headlines
- Comets fall out of MWC race with loss at Tri-County