- Local Sports
Hoosier North drops Colt World Series opener
Hoosier North was defeated by Grand Ledge, Mich., 6-3 in its opening game of the Colt World Series on Friday at Loeb Stadium.
- Colts practice under the lights Early in Thursday night's practice at Anderson University, Indianapolis Colts tight end Coby Fleener found himself running free behind the defense in 11-on-11 drills.
- Intensity at training camp stands out As I headed to Anderson to the Colts training camp this past weekend, I was thinking, it’s hard to believe that football season is quickly approaching us. Training camp is now in its second week and the ball is rolling.As I got to camp there were a c
- Sports briefs, Aug. 1 Logan 11s win Ohio Valley openerLEXINGTON, Ky. — The Logansport 11-year-old All-Star baseball team opened Ohio Valley Regional play with an 11-5 win over Henderson, Ky., on Thursday.Logan scored five runs in the first inning to take an early 5-0 lead
- Penny to play at D-II Stillman College After a year of playing junior college basketball, Antonio Penny has decided to go the Division-II route to continue his career.Penny has chosen to play at Stillman College, a historically black college located in Tuscaloosa, Ala. The former Loganspo
- Sports briefs, July 31 Sports BriefsLogan bowlingclub raising moneyThe Logansport High School Bowling Club is seeking donations and sponsors for its upcoming season.The club consists of LHS students but is not otherwise affiliated with the school. It is a non-profit club t
- Situational football One year ago, the focus in Indianapolis Colts training camp was on turnovers. The team had committed far too many in 2012 and was determined not to repeat its mistakes.
- Colts notebook After a physical practice Wednesday afternoon at Anderson University, the Indianapolis Colts are hoping they have not lost another starter.
Logan’s Ward, Young ready for Colt World Series
John Ward and Baylee Young represent part of the future of Logansport baseball. The pitching duo represent the present for the Hoosier North baseball team in the Colt World Series.
- Sports briefs, July 30 Sports BriefsLogan 11s raisingmoney for OVRThe Logansport 11-year-old all-star baseball team plays in the Ohio Valley Regional this week in Lexington, Ky.The Logan squad opens pool play at 4:30 p.m. Thursday versus Henderson, Ky. Logan plays Elletsvi
- More Local Sports Headlines
- Hoosier North drops Colt World Series opener