- Local Sports
- Indiana sweeps Kentucky INDIANAPOLIS -- Before heading off to college Whitney Jennings had some business to take care of on Saturday. Jennings picked up her Miss Basketball ring, led the Indiana All-Stars to a sweep of Kentucky and was named Player of the Game in the win at
- Sports briefs North Miami wins softball state title INDIANAPOLIS -- It took extra innings Saturday, 10 total frames in fact, for North Miami's softball team to make school history. The Warriors defeated North Daviess 3-1 at Indianapolis Ben Davis to earn the scho
Jennings, Indiana win opener at Kentucky
Miss Basketball Whitney Jennings helped set the tone with a fast start in the Indiana All-Star team’s win over Kentucky on Friday night.
Jennings scored 15 of her 21 points in the first half as Indiana defeated Kentucky 83-70 at the Clive M. Beck Athletic and Recreation Center at Transylvania University.
Logan's Fawley gears up for Special Olympics USA Games
Swimmer won gold four years ago in Nebraska Logan's Fawley gears up for Special Olympics USA Games by Beau Wicker Sports Editor
- Sports briefs, June 13 Winamac's Gruenig just misses cut; Berries shoot 345 BATTLE GROUND -- Winamac junior Adam Gruenig missed the state finals cut by two strokes while Logansport shot a 345 at the Lafayette Jeff Regional Thursday at Battle Ground Golf Club. Gruenig fired
Seniors strike back
Miss Basketball Whitney Jennings said her Indiana All-Stars team had to regroup following a 21-point loss to the Juniors earlier in the week.
- LHS hires Strong as new AD Brian Strong was officially hired as Logansport's new athletic director at Tuesday's LCSC school board meeting. Strong takes over for Greg Fisher, who has retired after spending the last 15 years at the post. "I'm very honored to be able to work and
- Sports briefs, June 11 Brogdon named MWC softball player of year WINAMAC - Winamac senior pitcher Bethany Brogdon was named the 2014 Midwest Conference Player of the Year in softball. Complete listings of the All-Midwest Conference honorees in softball and baseball, plus A
- All-Stars showcase Miss Basketball Whitney Jennings knew the Junior All-Stars would present her Indiana All-Star team a big challenge. "We knew the Juniors are a really great class. They have a lot of great players," she said. "We knew it was going to be a challenge co
- Sports briefs for Tuesday, June 10 Lewis Cass boys golfer Jacob Martin survived the Peru Sectional on Monday at Rock Hollow G.C. The King senior fired an 83 and earned one of the three individual tickets to the Warsaw Regional on Thursday.
- More Local Sports Headlines