- Local Sports
- DePaul one of a few surprises in women's tourney Two rounds in the books of the NCAA women's tournament and everything is almost going according to seed, well except for the Nebraska Regional. Coming into the tournament it seemed that UConn may have the easiest road to the Final Four. That path got
- Sports briefs for Wednesday, March 26 DePaul senior forward Jasmine Penny on Tuesday earned an All-Region nomination from the Women's Basketball Coaches Association.
- DE LA BASTIDE: Anderson, IndyCar set for season debuts Anderson Speedway kicks off the 2014 season Saturday with a pair of 75-lap features for the McGunegill Engine Performance Late Models and the NASH-FM Thunder Cars. Qualifications start at 4:30 p.m. with racing following at 6 p.m.
- LINDLEY: Early excitement of tourney packed into a handful of games The NCAA men's basketball tournament saw great games last weekend including Kentucky’s captivating victory against Wichita State — hardly a "Shocker" — and none stranger than Iowa State’s time-vanishing escape against North Carolina. Those should keep fans analyzing and debating until this Thursday’s tip-offs in the tournament's Sweet 16 round.
- DePaul women going to Sweet 16 DePaul kept taking the ball from Duke with its intense press, and answering seemingly every big Blue Devils bucket with a 3-pointer. That energy and efficiency sent the Blue Demons into the second weekend of the NCAA women's tournament. DePaul upset
- Duke, DePaul set for women's basketball shootout DePaul ranks fourth in the nation in scoring, averaging 84.3 points per game. Led by Logansport's Jasmine Penny, the Blue Demons have six players who average at least nine points per game.
Logan gymnasts enjoy strong showing at state finals
MUNCIE -- While they did not come away with a state title, they were very close. And they will likely have two more shots at it the next two years. Logansport's dynamic gymnastics duo, the terrific tumbling tandem of Emily Pomasl and Kelley Platt, ha
Cass seniors lead charge back to boys hoops prominence
The Class 2A boys basketball final four is loaded with 20-win teams. No. 7-ranked Lewis Cass (22-2) and Westview (22-4) will meet in the northern semistate on Saturday at Huntington and No. 1 Park Tudor (22-4) and No. 2 Clarksville (23-2) will meet in the southern semistate on Saturday at Seymour.
Jennings named Miss Basketball
While hauling in such high honors as being named a Parade All-American and the Gatorade Indiana Player of the Year, the big one still loomed large for Logansport's Whitney Jennings. Jennings was notified late last week and The Indianapolis Star ended
- Sports briefs, March 20 Shorter first to sign with IUK women Indiana University Kokomo women's basketball coach Whitney Farris has started building the program for the 2014-2015 season and announced the signing of Stephanie Shorter on Tuesday. Shorter is the first student-a
- More Local Sports Headlines