- Local Sports
Berries survive Chargers, advance to regional final
Logansport’s girls basketball team withstood a strong start by Fort Wayne Carroll and overcame uncharacteristic poor free-throw shooting at the end.
The Berries held on for a 64-58 win over the Chargers to advance to the final of the Class 4A Kokomo Regional for the second straight year.
Kings pull away from Panthers in overtime
Western and Class 2A No. 9-ranked Lewis Cass went back and forth in regulation of their Mid-Indiana Conference boys basketball contest Friday night. Every time one squad seemed to grab momentum, the other squad answered with a run of its own. Regulation ended in a 71-all tie.
The overtime session proved all Cass.
Berries’ comeback falls short against HN
Logansport’s boys basketball team almost had a big comeback win over Huntington North for senior night Friday.
The Berries nearly erased a 14-point deficit in the final 4:32 but never could catch all the way back up to the Vikings.
Winamac pummels Pioneer, wins MWC outright
Winamac made the short trip south Friday night to take on the Pioneer Panthers with hopes of keeping their unbeaten record in conference play and at least a share of the MWC title.
Comets fall out of MWC race with loss at Tri-County
Friday’s matchup in Wolcott between Tri-County and Caston had its share of storylines.
- Sports briefs, Feb. 21 Area swimmers do well at sectional WARSAW -- Pioneer was the top qualifier among area schools in the IHSAA boys swimming sectional preliminaries Thursday. The Panthers' Drew Benesh was the top qualifier with a fifth place finish in the 100 freestyle
- Logansport boys host Huntington North for senior night Logansport's boys basketball team concludes North Central Conference play tonight when the Berries host Huntington North. The Berries (10-5, 1-4 NCC) could finish as high as a tie for fourth place in the conference standings, as could the Vikings (1
- Warriors ready for Winamac's girls basketball team finds itself in a familiar spot -- in the regional. The Lady Warriors (14-6) face No. 12-ranked Westview (19-3) at 11 a.m. EST Saturday at the Class 2A Rensselaer Regional. The later semifinal pits No. 3 Fort Wayne Can
- Improved Berries shooting for regional title Logansport is making a return trip to the Class 4A Kokomo girls basketball regional on Saturday. The Lady Berries are the lone team there with regional experience from last season. The many Berry fans that attended the regional a year ago saw top-not
- Sports briefs, Feb. 20 Warriors stay perfect in MWC play WOLCOTT -- Winamac's boys basketball team held on for a 47-46 win at Tri-County Wednesday to remain unbeaten in Midwest Conference play. It was the Warriors' second league win on the road in as many nights. They impr
- More Local Sports Headlines
- Berries survive Chargers, advance to regional final