- Local Sports
- Bluder's foresight helps land Jennings Logansport basketball fans that have enjoyed watching the Whitney Jennings Show at the Berry Bowl the last three years can consider Iowa women's basketball coach Lisa Bluder the smartest person in the room. Bluder was the first big-time college coach
- Warriors look to return to championship ways Winamac's girls basketball team has three starters back from last year's squad that went 16-6. Due to the success of Winamac's football team, the Warriors girls basketball team will open play tonight against visiting Knox. Varsity tipoff is set for 8
- Jennings-led Berries have to overcome big losses to graduation Logansport's girls basketball team finished last season ranked in the top 5 in Class 4A. The Berries are starting this year right at No. 5 in the preseason Class 4A poll. But considering the Berries have lost three starters and five of their top seve
Sports briefs, Nov. 12
Pioneer High School will have advance tickets for the Class A football regional game against Winamac on sale beginning Wednesday in the school's bookstore. Tickets are $7. Fans are encouraged to buy their tickets in advance to avoid long lines at the ticket booth on game night.
Panthers pound Frontier 32-0 in sectional final
Pioneer’s sectional championship run was very Pioneer-like.
The Panthers’ domination of Sectional 42 concluded with a 32-0 shellacking of Frontier on Friday night in the final.
Warriors prevail with 2nd straight sectional title
The Class A, No. 3-ranked Winamac Warriors successfully defended its sectional crown in football by defeating West Central 33-7 in the championship game of the IHSAA Class A, Sectional 41 here at West Central Field Friday.
- Improved Panthers face Frontier for sectional title Pioneer's sectional win over Carroll last week could be a good barometer of how far the Panthers have come since the start of the season. The Panthers are hoping that improvement shows through with a sectional championship tonight. The Class A No. 9
- Winamac QB Fox returning for title game at West Central Winamac's football team recorded an impressive 21-point win over Whiting in sectional play last week. The Class A No. 3 Warriors (11-0) are now getting one of their top athletes back from injury for tonight's 7 p.m. sectional championship game at Wes
- Blanton wins double gold at jiu-jitsu world championship Blanton wins double gold at jiu-jitsu world championship LONG BEACH, Calif. -- Logansport native Joel Blanton won double gold medals last weekend at the 2013 World Jiu-Jitsu No Gi Championship. Blanton won gold medals in the purple belt senior 2 midd
- All-around King With both of her parents being coaches, Claire Crum was raised around volleyball and her knowledge and love of the game showed throughout her career. The Lewis Cass senior's career culminated by earning All-Mid-Indiana Conference honors this season.
- More Local Sports Headlines