- Local Sports
Cass seniors lead charge back to boys hoops prominence
The Class 2A boys basketball final four is loaded with 20-win teams. No. 7-ranked Lewis Cass (22-2) and Westview (22-4) will meet in the northern semistate on Saturday at Huntington and No. 1 Park Tudor (22-4) and No. 2 Clarksville (23-2) will meet in the southern semistate on Saturday at Seymour.
Jennings named Miss Basketball
While hauling in such high honors as being named a Parade All-American and the Gatorade Indiana Player of the Year, the big one still loomed large for Logansport's Whitney Jennings. Jennings was notified late last week and The Indianapolis Star ended
- Sports briefs, March 20 Shorter first to sign with IUK women Indiana University Kokomo women's basketball coach Whitney Farris has started building the program for the 2014-2015 season and announced the signing of Stephanie Shorter on Tuesday. Shorter is the first student-a
- Slower deer harvest isn't worrisome It seems as if spring has decided it should try and show up this year. I guess it has decided winter has overrun its time and the warmer weather is trying to break back into our days. I hope spring finds a good foothold as I think we all deserve bett
Berry duo look to be contenders at state meet
While they would prefer to compete there with their teammates, Logansport's Kelley Platt and Emily Pomasl can still achieve a lot at Saturday's state gymnastics meet. The state finals get underway with opening ceremonies at 12:30 p.m. Saturday at Worthen A
- Sports briefs, March 19 Katschke named to All-Star football team Winamac's Tyler Katschke will represent the Warriors at this year's North/South All-Star Football Classic. Katschke, a 5-11, 200-pound senior, will play outside linebacker for the North team. He had 71 tackles
- Sports briefs for Tuesday, March. 18 Lewis Cass' athletic department will have boys basketball semistate tickets on sale this week.
- BREMER: Let's hope Irsay's arrest rings alarm bell Jim Irsay has a problem.
- Cass boys claim first regional title since 2003 LAPEL — Cass guard Blake Hadley remembers watching the Kings win a state championship in 2003. Barely. A little bit. It's pretty foggy.
- Westview ends Winamac's season in regional final NORTH JUDSON -- The Winamac Warriors' championship run came to an end Saturday night at the Class 2A North Judson Regional. Winamac ran into a strong Westview team in the regional title game and couldn't seem to find the magic that led to a win over
- More Local Sports Headlines
- Cass seniors lead charge back to boys hoops prominence