- Local Sports
- Sports briefs, June 19 Indiana All-Stars enjoy successful runThe IndyStar.com Indiana All-Stars completed a successful run against Kentucky in their annual series for 2014.For the first time, Indiana has swept its Bluegrass neighbors in all four series in the same year — t
- SPORTS BRIEFS: Hinkle wins county golf title; Kokomo hires new boys hoops coach Sports BriefsHinkle back on top at county championshipAfter a 30-year wait Fred Hinkle is again the champion of the Cass County men’s golf tournament.Hinkle won three match-play matches this weekend at Dykeman Park Golf Course, defeating Mark Muehlha
- Luck gearing up for Year 3 Andrew Luck recently ran through a checklist of areas in which the Indianapolis Colts' offense can improve in 2014.
- LINDLEY: Pitching returns to CWS One would think those running the College World Series would finally have baseball down pat. One would think.
- Indiana sweeps Kentucky INDIANAPOLIS -- Before heading off to college Whitney Jennings had some business to take care of on Saturday. Jennings picked up her Miss Basketball ring, led the Indiana All-Stars to a sweep of Kentucky and was named Player of the Game in the win at
- Sports briefs North Miami wins softball state title INDIANAPOLIS -- It took extra innings Saturday, 10 total frames in fact, for North Miami's softball team to make school history. The Warriors defeated North Daviess 3-1 at Indianapolis Ben Davis to earn the scho
Jennings, Indiana win opener at Kentucky
Miss Basketball Whitney Jennings helped set the tone with a fast start in the Indiana All-Star team’s win over Kentucky on Friday night.
Jennings scored 15 of her 21 points in the first half as Indiana defeated Kentucky 83-70 at the Clive M. Beck Athletic and Recreation Center at Transylvania University.
Logan's Fawley gears up for Special Olympics USA Games
Swimmer won gold four years ago in Nebraska Logan's Fawley gears up for Special Olympics USA Games by Beau Wicker Sports Editor
- Sports briefs, June 13 Winamac's Gruenig just misses cut; Berries shoot 345 BATTLE GROUND -- Winamac junior Adam Gruenig missed the state finals cut by two strokes while Logansport shot a 345 at the Lafayette Jeff Regional Thursday at Battle Ground Golf Club. Gruenig fired
Seniors strike back
Miss Basketball Whitney Jennings said her Indiana All-Stars team had to regroup following a 21-point loss to the Juniors earlier in the week.
- More Local Sports Headlines