- Local Sports
- Sports briefs, Dec. 10 The Big East Conference on Monday named Logansport High School product Jasmine Penny to its women's basketball weekly honor roll. The DePaul senior's third honor roll accolade of the season comes on the heels of a 93-55 win over Chicago rival Loyola on Saturday.
- Logan shoots past Caston, continues county dominance Logan shoots past Caston, continues county dominance Jennings, Berries prevail By Beau Wicker Pharos-Tribune
- Cass boys beat Pioneer 80-43 at county tourney Lewis Cass’ experience was too much for the youth of Pioneer as the Kings won 80-43 in the consolation game of the Logansport Savings Bank Cass County Tournament held at the Berry Bowl on Friday. The Kings shot 55.7 percent from the field (34 of 61),
- Winamac boys hoping to build off football success WINAMAC -- Winamac is having a late start to the boys basketball season due to the success of its football team, and boys hoops coach Kyle Johnson couldn't be happier about it despite having several of his top players that have just rejoined team. In
Berries crush Comets, claim 6th straight county title
Pat Skaggs has "finally" won a Cass County Tournament title.
And his youthful Logansport boys basketball team was very impressive in doing so.
Cass beats Pioneer 80-43 in consolation game
Lewis Cass’ experience was too much for the youth of Pioneer as the Kings won 80-43 in the consolation game of the Logansport Savings Bank Tournament held at the Berry Bowl on Friday.
- Warriors Playmaker Winamac's semistate football team could beat opponents in many different ways this year, and perhaps no player better exemplified that than Levi Schultz. The Warriors playmaker scored a total of 13 touchdowns on the season. The 5-10, 172-pound senior
- Finally some venison in the freezer for columnist I was really beginning to wonder if I was going to harvest any deer this season, but I finally did. The day after Thanksgiving had me trying something different in the hopes of putting some meat in the freezer. It has been the longest dry spell in hu
- Sports briefs for Dec. 6 HN edges Logansport in wrestling, 39-32 HUNTINGTON -- Logansport's wrestling team was dealt a 39-32 defeat by Huntington North on Thursday. Donovan Johnson (113 pound weight class), Kevin Gonzalez (152) and James Aho (170) each won by pin for the Ber
- Comets sweep Pioneer Two first-year coaches squared off for the first time when arch rivals Caston and Pioneer met in boys basketball Wednesday night in the Berry Bowl. The game went down to the wire, and in the end it was the more veteran Comets squad that prevailed. Ca
- More Local Sports Headlines