- Local Sports
- LINDLEY: Trip to MLB game gets expensive Attending an opening day game at a Major League ballpark is one of life’s little pleasures. Everyone should get to experience it at least once.
- DE LA BASTIDE: Young Elliott is showing he's real deal The NASCAR races over the weekend at Texas Motor Speedway were won by some of the younger drivers in the Nationwide and Sprint Cup series.
- Logansport baseball opens with win at Twin Lakes Logansport's much anticipated baseball season opener went according to plan for the most part Wednesday at Twin Lakes. The Berries, who started nine seniors in the game, were in command most of the way in an 11-5 win over the Indians. The Berries out
- A tough start for Warriors With five starters back from last year's sectional championship team, Winamac's softball team enters the season with big expectations. But the Warriors did not get off to the start they were looking for Tuesday, as they were handed an 18-0 defeat in
- Sports briefs for Tuesday, April 8 Lewis Cass High School will hold its boys basketball banquet at 2 p.m. Sunday. This will be desserts only for players, managers, cheerleaders and coaches in grades 9-12.
- Penny finishes up outstanding basketball career DePaul Jasmine Penny made the most of her opportunity of playing big-time college basketball at DePaul University. The Logansport product capped off her career by unanimously making first-team All-Big East her senior season. The Blue Demons went 29-7 this s
- Sports briefs Logan to host Srs vs. Jrs All-Star game Logansport fans will have one last chance to watch Miss Basketball Whitney Jennings play in the Berry Bowl. Jennings will lead the Indiana girls all-star team against the juniors on June 9 at the Berry Bowl. L
- Woods' injury leaves void but golf moves on Is it the end of an era or the beginning of a new one? It's hard to imagine Tiger Woods regaining the dominating form that he once enjoyed in professional golf under any circumstances at the age of 38. The golf world was jolted this week with the new
PHOTO GALLERY: Honoring Miss Basketball
Logansport's Whitney Jennings was named the 2014 Indiana Miss Basketball becoming the first from LHS.
- Logan looks to have an improved squad; Cass is rebuilding Logansport's softball team is looking to post an improved season from a year ago when the Berries finished with a record of 13-13. "We're healthy this year which is going to help," Logan coach Jim Bacon said. "We'll be better this year." Emily Prenti
- More Local Sports Headlines