- Local Sports
End of an era
CROWN POINT — One of the great basketball careers in Logansport history — and state history for that matter — came to an end Saturday at the Class 4A Northern Semistate. Whitney Jennings led a spirited comeback for Logansport after falling in an earl
Berries burn down the nets at Rochester
The high-scoring Logansport Berries were back in action Friday night at Rochester.
The Berries once again lit up the scoreboard frequently and this time they did a better job of keeping the opponent from doing so.
Warriors beat Bombers on senior night
After dropping a close one at Logansport on Thursday night, the Winamac Warriors bounced back at home on senior night with an impressive win against the visiting Rensselaer Bombers, 56-45.
Panthers nearly pull off upset of Cavaliers
Pioneer’s boys basketball team played right with Tri-County most of the way but came up short late in a 38-33 loss on Friday night.
- Berries hold off Warriors It wasn't always pretty but Logansport's boys basketball team got a much-needed win over a red-hot Winamac squad Thursday night at the Berry Bowl. The Berries held off a late Warriors rally for an 83-75 win in their home finale. The Berries (11-7) sn
- Sports briefs, Feb. 28 Logan gymnasts win at Plymouth PLYMOUTH -- Logansport's gymnastics team recorded a 105.05 to defeat Plymouth (103.25) and Peru (34.4) on Thursday. Emily Pomasl was second in the all-around (36.45) for the Berries and Alexa Abbott was fourth (33.95).
- Braves bolt past Panthers in 2nd half ROYAL CENTER -- Pioneer played host to the Maconaquah Braves Thursday night in a non-conference match up in Royal Center. Coming off back to back games of improved play the Panthers continued the trend. Unfortunately for them, they could only keep u
- Caston takes down Culver on senior night FULTON -- After Caston's Feb. 18 home game against Taylor was cancelled for the second time, Culver was recently penciled in for a visit to Fulton Thursday night. The Comets had lost five straight games to the Cavaliers, with their last win coming in
Logansport readies for Final Four matchup against Penn
Logansport’s girls basketball team made history last Saturday by winning the first regional championship in program history.
Hoover relishes first regional championship
Logansport girls basketball coach Jerry Hoover knew the potential was there this year for something special.
- More Local Sports Headlines
- End of an era