- Local Sports
- Clements, Jordan share top Loganland honors The Logansport Berries were a solid, balanced baseball team this spring.In a sign of strength, the Berries (20-10) scored 8.3 runs per game, doubling up their opponents in runs scored for the season. They hit .345 as a group and had a team on-base pe
- Sports briefs for Sunday, July 13 Kokomo’s Kory Kennedy won the 17th annual Race for Grace on Saturday. He covered the course in a time of 16 minutes, 25 seconds.
- Kelley earns top honor A talented and versatile softball player, Bailey Kelley saved her best season for last for the Logansport Berries.And Kelley is the Pharos-Tribune’s 2014 Loganland Softball Player of the Year.Kelley, a four-year starter for Logan, hit .433 with a hom
Sports briefs, July 10
Powlen places 2nd at US championships
- Sports briefs, July 9 Sports BriefsWard, Young help Hoosier North to winSOUTH BEND — Logansport High School baseball players John Ward and Baylee Young helped Hoosier North win the Great Lakes Freedom Classic last weekend on the new field turf at Notre Dame’s Frank Eck St
- Sports briefs for Tuesday, July 8 The Indiana High School Baseball Coaches Association recently released its 2014 all-state teams and Lewis Cass junior Jake Wilburn earned honorable mention in Class 2A.
- LINDLEY: Honor Gwynn by remembering where he went wrong Tony Gwynn’s life is worth celebrating. He was a first-ballot Hall of Fame player with the San Diego Padres who owned a .338 lifetime batting average. He was an All-Star who didn’t require celebrity treatment.
- Action-packed racing It's nice to sit on the pole position regardless of the type of racing. Friday at Plank Hill Park, the polesitters for each race nearly pulled off the trifecta, but came up short when they took two out of the three races in the 2014 Twelve Mile 500 Riding Lawnmower Race.
- Sports Briefs for Friday, July 4 Sports BriefsDarche golf outingset for July 26Logansport Country Club will be hosting the ninth-annual Harvey Darche Memorial Golf Outing at 9 a.m. on July 26.Cost is $50 per person, and $50 for hole sponsors. Dinner will be included in the price.Pro
- NEWCOM: Counties decreasing antler-less permits I know that July is not normally a time to talk about deer hunting, but it is when rule changes occur. The recent release of proposed decreases in antler-less permits for some counties is both good and bad news in my opinion and I will tell you why.T
- More Local Sports Headlines