- Local Sports
- Pioneer, Winamac split baseball doubleheader Pioneer and Winamac split a doubleheader Saturday in Midwest Conference baseball action in Royal Center. The Panthers won game one 6-1 before the Warriors salvaged the split with a 6-0 victory. Deven Smith got the complete-game win for the Panthers (
- Lombardi inducted into softball hall of fame What started as a hobby turned into a 45-year affiliation. Lombardi inducted into softball hall of fame By Rick Conrad For the Pharos-Tribune
Berries blast Bronchos 16-0 at Classic
A year ago Logansport’s baseball team had a tough-luck loss to Lafayette Jeff in sectional play. The Berries had to watch from the sidelines as the Bronchos made a run to the semistate championship game.
Kings baseball buries Gophers, 17-0
Lewis Cass’ baseball team opened the season with a 17-0 win in five innings at Clinton Prairie.
John Hartley, Hunter Clark and Dakota Hammond combined for a no-hitter for the Class 2A No. 9 Kings. The Cass trio fanned six and walked two.
- Caston softball opens with a win over Knox Tori Rentschler had a strong outing on the mound and Adrienne Frye hit a home run to highlight the Caston softball team's season-opening 5-1 win over Knox Thursday in Fulton. Rentschler, a sophomore who won 13 games a year ago as a freshman, allowed
- Sports briefs, April 11 Briefs Ancilla softball splits at Grand Rapids GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. -- Madyson Price went 2-for-3 with three RBIs in the Ancilla College softball team's 7-6 win at Grand Rapids Community College Wednesday. The Chargers were defeated 8-7 in game two an
Logansport baseball opens with win at Twin Lakes
Logansport’s much anticipated baseball season opener went according to plan for the most part Wednesday at Twin Lakes.
The Berries, who started nine seniors, were in command most of the way in an 11-5 win over the Indians.
- Winamac’s Shorter enjoys standout four-year career Winamac senior Stephanie Shorter capped off her standout basketball career by winning a sectional championship with the Warriors this season. "It was a great season and a great way to go out," she said. The Warriors went 14-7, which included winning
- Jennings, Lyles top Indiana AP all-state team INDIANAPOLIS (AP) -- Indianapolis Tech's Trey Lyles keeps adding honors to his already strong resume. After sweeping the state championship awards and winning the Mr. Basketball title, Lyles has added another honor to his lengthy list: Top vote-gette
- LINDLEY: Trip to MLB game gets expensive Attending an opening day game at a Major League ballpark is one of life’s little pleasures. Everyone should get to experience it at least once.
- More Local Sports Headlines