- Local Sports
- Sports briefs for Monday, Aug. 18 Dykeman Park G.C. player Noah Lange helped the Kokomo Region PGA Junior All-Stars score a convincing victory over Muncie in a state quarterfinal match Saturday at Rock Hollow G.C. Kokomo recorded 10 1/2 flags while Muncie managed just 1 1/2.
Winamac football aiming for another big season
The Winamac football team enjoyed one of its finest seasons in school history a year ago.
Sports briefs, Aug. 17
KOKOMO — Logansport’s girls golf team shot a 397 to finish 16th out of 20 teams at the Chippendale Invitational on Saturday at Chippendale Golf Club. Western hosted the event. Hamilton Southeastern won with a 304.
- Volleyball preview: Logan, Pioneer squads enter season with high hopes Dena Kuhn has a veteran group to work with in her first year at the helm of the Logansport volleyball team.Eight of the 10 players in the Berries’ main rotation are seniors.“We’ve got an outstanding varsity squad. They are really going to put it to o
- Boys XC runners ready for start of season Logansport’s boys cross country team graduated three of its top four runners from a year ago but does return Cass County Male Runner of the Year, Jacob Graf.Graf was an All-North Central Conference first-team member, led his team to a regional appear
- Sports briefs for Thursday, Aug. 14 Sophomore Kristina Kniesly fired a 1-over par 37 on the front nine at Dykeman Park Golf Course on Wednesday to lead the Logansport girls golf team to a 177-224 win over Lewis Cass.
- Colts end eventful training camp on light note Chuck Pagano threw his team a little curveball Wednesday to close out the 2014 training camp. Generally, the Indianapolis Colts coach favors a long field-goal attempt to mark the end of practice. The deal being if the kick is good, practice — and camp itself — ends early. If not ... well, there's often a second chance.
- Squirrel season a welcome sight for hunters We find ourselves back in the familiar groove of kids going to school and the feeling that summer is coming to a close. It is always a strange time of the year as the weather can be really hot or cool. The cool weather as of late has definitely felt
Talented group of girls cross country runners return
The Logansport girls cross country team has a lofty goal this season: none other than having the best season in program history.The Lady Berries return six of their top seven runners from a year ago and also have two freshmen runners that are expecte
- Bird, Vogel say Pacers will remain competitive INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — The Pacers expect Paul George to make a full recovery from the compound fracture in his right leg. They’re just not expecting that to happen this season.On Tuesday, 11 days after George’s gruesome injury in a U.S. national team sc
- More Local Sports Headlines