- Local Sports
Champion caps Le Moyne career with run to NCAA Tourney
For Nate Champion reaching the NCAA Tournament was always a major goal at Division-II Le Moyne University. Champion and the Dolphins reached that goal this season during his senior year. Champion said that when he and 6-foot-11 big man Jim Janson ent
- Sports briefs for Wednesday, April 16 Lewis Cass senior point guard Maci Maupin will continue her basketball career at the next level.
- We're all still watching Wildcats' Calipari After winning a big case and accepting compliments from his fellow attorneys, the man thanked his colleagues and responded that he really would have liked to represent the opposition. “I think I could have won arguing their side, too,” he told them.
- Logan AD Fisher to retire Logansport athletic director Greg Fisher’s retirement request was approved by the Logansport Community School Corporation school board Monday.
- Sports briefs for Tuesday, April 15 Monday's inclement weather meant led to postponements of scheduled sporting events.
- Sports briefs for Monday, April 14 Whitney Jennings and Jerry Hoover teamed up one more time and had a familiar result: a lopsided victory.
- Logan baseball has strong showing at Joe Heath Classic Logansport's baseball team had dominating wins over Lafayette Jeff and Harrison to open Joe Heath Classic play and had a seventh-inning rally fall just short in a loss to McCutcheon. The Berries had to settle for a 2-1 showing at the Classic and they
- Pioneer, Winamac split baseball doubleheader Pioneer and Winamac split a doubleheader Saturday in Midwest Conference baseball action in Royal Center. The Panthers won game one 6-1 before the Warriors salvaged the split with a 6-0 victory. Deven Smith got the complete-game win for the Panthers (
- Lombardi inducted into softball hall of fame What started as a hobby turned into a 45-year affiliation. Lombardi inducted into softball hall of fame By Rick Conrad For the Pharos-Tribune
Berries blast Bronchos 16-0 at Classic
A year ago Logansport’s baseball team had a tough-luck loss to Lafayette Jeff in sectional play. The Berries had to watch from the sidelines as the Bronchos made a run to the semistate championship game.
- More Local Sports Headlines
- Champion caps Le Moyne career with run to NCAA Tourney