- Local Sports
North White ends Pioneer's sectional reign
The Panthers endured and were playing better ball entering this year’s sectional and were hoping for a good showing. The Panthers drew a bye and faced North White Friday night with the winner playing for the sectional crown.
- No. 5-ranked Logan gymnasts gear up for tournament While Logansport's girls basketball team just completed an exciting run to the semistate, the Berries also have a highly ranked gymnastics squad that is gearing up for a tournament run of its own. The Logansport gymnastics team enters Saturday's sect
No. 7 Lewis Cass faces host Manchester at sectional
Lewis Cass’ boys basketball team survived its sectional opener Wednesday against Wabash at the Class 2A Manchester Sectional.
The No. 7-ranked Kings (18-2) face another tough test tonight against the host Squires, who enter with a 16-5 record.
- Jennings named a Top 60 senior Jennings named a Top 60 senior Logansport's Whitney Jennings is on the list of the Top 60 senior girls basketball player as compiled by Garry H. Donna, publisher of Hoosier Basketball Magazine. These girls were selected from approximately 1,600 seni
Berries reflect on their day at semistate Memorable run By Beau Wicker Pharos-Tribune
- Kings survive Wabash to advance to semifinal Cass has five players in double figures in sectional win. Kings survive Wabash to advance to semifinal By Rick Conrad For the Pharos-Tribune
- Goodrich Lines happy in Penn role as JV coach The 2004 Logan grad is an assistant for the Kingsmen. Goodrich Lines happy in Penn role as JV coach By Beau Wicker Pharos-Tribune
- Logan's Penny named All-Big East Logan's Penny named All-Big East CHICAGO -- DePaul senior forward Jasmine Penny has been named to the All-Big East in women's basketball. Penny was a unanimous first-team selection along with junior teammate Brittany Hrynko. Penny leads the Blue Dem
- Sports briefs, March 5 DePaul women win Big East title ROSEMONT, Ill. - DePaul's senior trio of Jasmine Penny, Kelsey Reynolds and Kelsey Smith went out on a high note on Tuesday, cutting down the nets as Big East Champions and capping their regular season DePaul careers
- DE LA BASTIDE: Kurt Busch to run Indy 500 It has been a good two weeks for the Indianapolis 500 with several announcements that should attract a lot of media and fan attention.
- More Local Sports Headlines
- North White ends Pioneer's sectional reign