- Local Sports
Panthers strike early to topple Kings
The Class A, No. 9-ranked Pioneer Panthers took advantage of Class 2A, No. 19-ranked Lewis Cass Kings early to win 34-18 at Owens Memorial Field Friday.
It was Pioneer’s first win at Cass in the series.
Indians rough up Logansport, pull away for big win
Things certainly started off well enough for the Logansport football team in its season opening game against Twin Lakes on Friday night.
The Berries broke a big play early for a score and the first half was a competitive affair.
- Prep roundup: Indians sweep past Kings Twin Lakes spoiled Lewis Cass’ season opener in volleyball with a three-set win Thursday in Walton. The Indians came away with a 25-14, 25-16, 25-18 victory on the road in their second match of the season. They had a four-set loss against Winamac to
- Berries put together memorable season in '68 When it comes to toughness in the history of Logansport football, the 1968 Berries might just be the benchmark.The Berries didn’t have a starter who weighed more than 190 pounds, but it was a veteran hard-nosed squad that put it all together for inte
- Peru set for new campaign The Peru football team posted a 4-6 record last year, which marked the Bengal Tigers’ best showing since the 2000 team went 7-5. Peru coach Bob Prescott would like to build on its 2013 success.
- Berries hope improved depth leads to more wins Logansport’s football team showed improvement in Year 2 under coach Brad Urban last season.The Berries are hoping to take another step forward this year.What might help more than anything is a better start. Urban pointed out last year’s 0-3 start as
- Jitters cost No. 5 Pioneer in opener ROCHESTER — Pioneer’s volleyball team enters the season with a No. 5 ranking in Class A.The Panthers opened against a Rochester squad Wednesday that features Hannah Towne, a MaxPreps.com All-American a year ago.Towne and the Zebras came out on top in
- Logansport tennis tops Cass in season opener Logansport defeated Lewis Cass 4-1 Wednesday in a season-opening boys tennis match.Logan’s Matt Jennings defeated Brady Truman 6-2, 6-3 at No. 1 singles, and Angelo Scagnoli defeated Jared Ehase 6-4, 6-3 at No. 3 singles.The Berries swept the doubles
- Lewis Cass football looks to field another strong team Lewis Cass may lack experience entering this season, but not moxie. The Kings return just a handful of starters from last year’s team that finished 5-5, one of the few teams in recent program history that did not win more games than it lost.There wil
- Pioneer football looks to build off last season's success Pioneer’s football team enjoyed yet another double-digit win season and won its first sectional title in five years last season.But it was also a year a youthful Panthers squad saw its 47-game Midwest Conference winning streak end. The Panthers also
- More Local Sports Headlines
- Panthers strike early to topple Kings