- Local News
- Police blotter: April 15, 2014 Have a tip? Anyone with information on a crime is encouraged to call Crime Stoppers at 800-222-TIPS. Information leading to an arrest or conviction could lead to a reward of up to $1,000.
- Fry sentenced to 55 years, $10K fine Loren Fry, 78, was sentenced today to 55 years in prison and a $10,000 fine after being convicted of murder last month in the 2011 deadly shooting of Dave Schroder, a 76-year-old Logansport man. Three members of Schroder's extended family took the st
- Logan native's scarves on QVC Bobbi Benish loves wearing scarves in stylish knots. Her problem? The knots kept falling out. That's what the Logansport native set out to solve with a modified scarf she developed, called the Easy-Style Lotus Scarf. It's also the latest addition to
- Blood drive to honor Kathy Dingo Kathy Dingo felt strongly about giving back to the Logansport community. And now, the community has a chance to do the same in her honor. A blood drive will be held in Dingo's memory from 3 to 8 p.m. Wednesday, April 23. The date of the blood drives
- Farmers market starting in Flora FLORA -- Carroll County is getting its own farmers market this summer. A pair of volunteers are launching a once-a-month market this summer for produce and artisan vendors that has already generated significant interest among local residents. "We do
- Keeping tabs on the cat population For every one person born, 10 kittens are born. And if you ask Dr. Tess Peavy, a veterinarian who visited Logansport Monday with the Neuter Scooter, that math doesn't work. But with the work Peavy and her assistants did Monday, the math is looking be
- Chittick farm named Hoosier Homestead FLORA -- Land is in John Chittick's blood. Since his great-grandfather Archibald Chittick moved to Carroll County, one or another of John's ancestors has owned farmland near Cutler. John Chittick looked after the family land for decades before retiri
- Police blotter: April 14, 2014 Have a tip? Anyone with information on a crime is encouraged to call Crime Stoppers at 800-222-TIPS. Information leading to an arrest or conviction could lead to a reward of up to $1,000.
LPD adds motorcycle to fleet
The Logansport Police Department has added a motorcycle to its fleet for the first time since the 1970s in an aim to increase accessibility in certain emergency situations and serve as a positive public relations tool. Logansport Police Chief Mike Cl
- Moss Creek Golf Course gets new owners WINAMAC -- Moss Creek Golf Course is getting a makeover. Pulaski County farmers Todd and Michelle Schmicker purchased the 18-hole, par-70 golf course in January from former owners Scott and Mashell Roudebush, who had run it since 1985. "We're going t
- More Local News Headlines