- Local News
- Report: Cheap, plentiful corn crop A federal report on the nation’s crops has farmers expecting record yields, but low crops prices are anticipated to take farm incomes down 25 percent or more.National production and average yields per acre for corn and soybeans could set records, the
- Businesses worry as Lake Freeman continues to fall MONTICELLO (AP) — Water levels are dropping at a northwestern Indiana reservoir where lakeside residents and business owners who rely on tourism and recreation for their livelihoods are angry about water releases to safeguard endangered mussels.The o
- Peru surgeon jailed on charges of invasion of privacy PERU — A Peru orthopedic surgeon accused of plotting to murder his ex-wife is back in jail without bond after deputies say he violated a court order prohibiting him from contacting people involved in the case. Gregory Konrath, 48, was arrested in Jul
Peru police arrest 5 during warrant service
An attempt by police to serve felony warrants Tuesday led to the arrest of five Peru residents on multiple charges, including dealing meth and illegal possession of a handgun.
Police Blotter: Wednesday, Aug. 14, 2014
Have a tip? Anyone with information on a crime is encouraged to call Crime Stoppers at 800-222-TIPS. Information leading to an arrest or conviction could lead to a reward of up to $1,000.
- Peru police going hi-tech Anyone thinking about committing a crime in Peru now has another reason to think twice. The Peru Police Department might just have its eyes on you. Literally. Assistant Police Chief Rick Keller said officers will begin installing cameras in high-crim
- Tech-ing off: Logansport middle schoolers getting laptops Columbia Middle and Lincoln Middle School sixth, seventh and eighth grade students will all receive laptops in the coming weeks as the school year begins today. This is the next step in Logansport Community School Corporation’s expansion of the one-t
- All Saints adds new Spanish technique All Saints Catholic school is adding some extra flavor to the Spanish curriculum this school year, which started today.The school has had a kindergarten to sixth grade Spanish program for many years, according to Principal Ron Pittman. However, he sa
- City to revisit abandoned vehicles rules Logansport officials will be redrafting part of the city’s rules on abandoned vehicles after an Indiana resident’s inquiry revealed one of them cites a part of Indiana Code that was repealed.The council passed amendments to the city’s abandoned vehic
- Memorial Home transfer final The city of Logansport has taken ownership of the Cass County Memorial Center from Cass County, but city council members disagree on using taxpayer funds to spur historic preservation and two local attorneys disagree that the transfer was legal.Often
- More Local News Headlines