- Local News
- Monticello puts cardboard to the test MONTICELLO — Lori Abbott has been collecting pieces of cardboard for months now, in anticipation of the Monticello Rotary Club Cardboard Boat Regatta.“After work, I go home and work on the boat,” Abbott said.The second annual cardboard boat race is h
- Fitting in: Kesling's acquires 3-D scanner It’s like something out of Star Trek.You set your foot onto a glass pane. A small camera runs on a track around the pane, aimed all the while at the sole of your foot. And after about 15 seconds, the camera sends a 3-D image of your foot through the
- Power of the Past festival expecting record turnout WINAMAC — A 1915 steam-powered tractor chugged through log after log as the steam bursting through its seams powered a large sawmill on the Winamac Town Park grounds at the Northern Indiana Power from the Past festival Friday.The 37th annual festival
- Blood drives hope to curb summer shortage The American Red Cross is calling on all eligible blood donors to make an appointment to donate blood soon to help prevent a shortage. During the summer months, on average, about two fewer donors give blood at each Red Cross blood drive than what is
- Candidates raise, spend little in quiet cycle INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Indiana’s 2014 election cycle may lack the marquee battles of two years ago, but candidates are still racking up dollars ahead of November’s elections.Candidates facing off for the state treasurer, auditor and secretary of state’s
- In the dust: France Park hosts second year of bike, ATV races Don Rainey and his son Drew have been racing bikes for more than 50 years combined. They both competed in the France Park Falls Saturday afternoon. The France Park Falls is the fifth round of the Mid America Cross Country Championship Series. It’s th
- Getting suspended drivers back on the road A new BMV Reinstatement Relief Program is being put in place that will allow suspended drivers to pay temporarily reduced reinstatement fees and earn reinstatement, as long as all other legal requirements for reinstatement are met. The program offers
Police blotter: Saturday, July 19, 2014
Have a tip? Anyone with information on a crime is encouraged to call Crime Stoppers at 800-222-TIPS. Information leading to an arrest or conviction could lead to a reward of up to $1,000.
- INDOT reviewing Heartland interchanges After several car crashes at the Logansport intersections with the Hoosier Heartland Highway spurred public outcry, the Indiana Department of Transportation has agreed to conduct a formal review of the interchanges. State Sen. Randy Head, R-Loganspor
Fire crews battle house, barn fire nears Galveston
Fire crews from several volunteer fire departments battled a house and barn fire early Friday at Kokomo Paint & Body near 500 North and 250 West.
- More Local News Headlines