- Local News
- United Way surpasses $650K goal Another campaign goal has been reached and exceeded for the United Way of Cass County. Leaders announced that $664,534.21 was raised during the 2013 campaign at the organization's annual meeting and campaign celebration Wednesday afternoon. Money rai
- Judges may exercise more discretion come summer INDIANAPOLIS -- Judges who've been clamoring for more control over prison sentences may be exercising some of that discretion this summer. A long-in-the-making rewrite of Indiana's felony criminal code removes some mandatory sentences added during d
- Up in smoke: Little left after early-morning house fire Fire destroys Cass County home early Wednesday Up in smoke By Amie Sites Pharos-Tribune
- Police blotter: Feb. 26, 2014 Have a tip? Anyone with information on a crime is encouraged to call Crime Stoppers at 800-222-TIPS. Information leading to an arrest or conviction could lead to a reward of up to $1,000.
- Cass Co. primary ballot ready More than 70 names mark the pages of the Cass County ballot for the primary election to take place in May. One local contest will precede the November general election while another will decide who will represent local Republicans at the state conven
- Southeastern Schools to cut staff WALTON -- Southeastern School Corp. will experience staffing cuts for the coming school year. The district's superintendent, Trudie Hedrick, said programs won't be cut, but staffing within programs will be. Hedrick said she can't discuss what positi
- One-to-one a possibility for Southeastern WALTON -- Southeastern School Corp. will likely be going to one-to-one technology in the near future. Trudie Hedrick, superintendent at the corporation, wants to issue each student a school-owned device for the 2015-2016 school year. "I think our kid
- Local law enforcement to crack down on drunken driving Staying safe How to have a safe March and St. Patrick's Day: Plan a safe way home before the festivities begin Before drinking, designate a sober driver and leave your car keys at home If you're impaired, use a taxi, call a sober friend or family mem
- Police blotter: Feb. 25, 2014 Have a tip? Anyone with information on a crime is encouraged to call Crime Stoppers at 800-222-TIPS. Information leading to an arrest or conviction could lead to a reward of up to $1,000.
Martial arts instructor facing child solicitation charge
PERU -- A 40-year-old Peru man was arrested Sunday after police say he sent dozens of sexually explicit phone texts to a 13-year-old girl in Posey County. Police say Steven W. Bledsoe, 2200 block of Patrick Street, Peru, was the girl's martial arts i
- More Local News Headlines