- Local News
- Abandoned housing bill gains support in general assembly Officials say a well-supported bill making its way though the Indiana General Assembly will streamline and strengthen procedures for addressing abandoned homes. The bill, coauthored by State Sen. Randy Head, R-Logansport, would reduce the amount of t
- Carroll looking at special ed options FLORA -- Carroll Consolidated Schools will be looking into a different special education program. The district is currently using the Logansport Area Joint Special Services Cooperative, which is undergoing decentralization. LAJSSC is a special educat
- Police blotter: March 5, 2014 Have a tip? Anyone with information on a crime is encouraged to call Crime Stoppers at 800-222-TIPS. Information leading to an arrest or conviction could lead to a reward of up to $1,000.
- A guard's life: Logansport facility's staff aim to change lives An average day for Joe Hiatt begins at 6 a.m. at the Logansport Juvenile Correctional Facility. Hiatt, a youth development specialist at the facility, monitors students in the Youth Transition Reentry Independent Living (YTRI) Unit. In addition to su
- Highway dept. to fix flood damage Flooding in Cass County late last month has the highway department fixing two roadways damaged by the rising waters. One location is east of Twelve Mile on 900 East between Ind. 16 and 800 North. Cass County Highway Superintendent Jeff Smith said a l
- Logansport Fire Department ambulance deal DOA A deal between the city of Logansport and Cass County's ambulance provider that would have allowed the Logansport Fire Department to provide backup ambulance service for $1 a year fell through. The proposal followed several public meetings where city
Police blotter: March 5, 2014
Have a tip? Anyone with information on a crime is encouraged to call Crime Stoppers at 800-222-TIPS. Information leading to an arrest or conviction could lead to a reward of up to $1,000.
- Finding his stride: Caston grad competes in marathons Bryce Baldwin never pictured himself running a marathon. That changed when he started working for Nike. A switch in careers and a new-found passion for fitness led the 2004 Caston High School graduate to complete his first marathon last year. When Ba
- City council approves planning changes Logansport City Council approved several changes to the city's zoning ordinance and comprehensive plan brought on by the completion of a new highway and anticipation of future projects. Council members unanimously approved the five ordinances and two
- Deer harvest down in ’13 but still a top 10 season Hunters harvested fewer deer in the 2013 season than in each of the previous five seasons. That might be sobering news to some deer hunters, but it wasn't unexpected. "Going into the year, I knew it was going to be down," said Chad Stewart, deer mana
- More Local News Headlines