- Local News
- Child seduction case against former LHS teacher dismissed The charge of child seduction against a former Logansport High School teacher was dismissed Wednesday, a press release from the Cass County Prosecutor states.Kayla Skaggs, 24, Logansport, a former special needs teacher at Logansport High School, was
- Police Blotter: July 16, 2014 Have a tip? Anyone with information on a crime is encouraged to call Crime Stoppers at 800-222-TIPS. Information leading to an arrest or conviction could lead to a reward of up to $1,000.
Man vs. train: Safety tour rumbles through Logansport
It’s big. No, it’s massive.It makes loud, unexpected noises.It’s intimidating, to say the least. Yet many don’t seem to find it as such. In fact, many disregard it entirely. So much so that they often pass in front of it with little or no thought.Wha
- Judge: Restaurant owner didn't try other remedies The lawyer for a Logansport restaurant owner said he plans on pursuing the remedies a judge ruled were not attempted before filing a lawsuit against the city.Royal Rentals LLC, owned by Bernadene Thimlar of Royal Center, filed the lawsuit against the
- State reports budget surplus INDIANAPOLIS — As expected, the state closed its fiscal year with a budget surplus, due largely to spending cuts forced by Gov. Mike Pence.As of June 30, the state had a $106 million operating surplus and reserves of $2 billion, Auditor Suzanne Crouc
- Former governor Bayh weighs decision to run again WASHINGTON — Evan Bayh is keeping Indiana Democrats on hold.Party loyalists longing for a political savior to retake the governor’s office have been waiting on Bayh ever since he abruptly decided to leave the U.S. Senate and political life three year
- Commission turns in ‘wish list’ for road, bridge work INDIANAPOLIS — A panel of public and private officials is calling for $10 billion in projects to upgrade the state’s aging roads and bridges, but its members concede there’s no money to pay for it all.On July 9, Gov. Mike Pence’s Blue Ribbon Panel on
- Logansport moves closer to taking over Memorial Home Officials are now dealing with a monetary and possibly a legal issue as the city of Logansport moves closer to taking ownership of a local historical building from the county.Cass County commissioners passed a resolution last month authorizing a tran
- Police Blotter: July 15, 2014 Have a tip? Anyone with information on a crime is encouraged to call Crime Stoppers at 800-222-TIPS. Information leading to an arrest or conviction could lead to a reward of up to $1,000.
- Winamac to celebrate Power From the Past WINAMAC — The Pulaski County 4-H and Community Fairgrounds is expected to be abuzz with not only sawmills and other machinery later on this week, but crowds of people celebrating the area’s heritage.Northern Indiana Power From the Past, Inc.’s summer
- More Local News Headlines