- Local News
- Heroin arrests: Tip of the iceberg? When Logansport police officers jailed a woman who’d already been arrested once before for concealing more than 150 baggies of heroin on her person, they thought they’d struck at the heart of the city’s growing heroin use.The Logansport Police Depart
- County continues with land option The Cass County Redevelopment Commission continues to seal its first place in line to purchase 54 acres of land in the county’s business park through the recent expenditure of $20,000.The commission moved to exercise the second year of a three-year o
- Police Blotter: July 17, 2014 Have a tip? Anyone with information on a crime is encouraged to call Crime Stoppers at 800-222-TIPS. Information leading to an arrest or conviction could lead to a reward of up to $1,000.
- Safari fun: Exotic animals focus of library party GALVESTON — You could see an owl, snake and groundhog Wednesday at the Galveston Community Building as animals of all shapes and sizes entertained children.The Galveston library hosted “Silly Safaris” — a live animal show organization that puts on sh
- Stormwater fee hike on table Logansport City Council is preparing to vote on an increase in stormwater fees to fund federally mandated improvements to the city’s stormwater and wastewater systems.The improvements to Logansport Municipal Utilities will cost about $7.9 million. A
- Grissom runway reopens after 45-day closure GRISSOM AIR RESERVE BASE — Business is back to normal at Grissom Air Reserve Base after its runway reopened Wednesday.The base closed the more than 2-mile long airstrip on June 1 to complete a $3.2 million project that added and replaced expansion jo
- Child seduction case against former LHS teacher dismissed The charge of child seduction against a former Logansport High School teacher was dismissed Wednesday, a press release from the Cass County Prosecutor states.Kayla Skaggs, 24, Logansport, a former special needs teacher at Logansport High School, was
- Police Blotter: July 16, 2014 Have a tip? Anyone with information on a crime is encouraged to call Crime Stoppers at 800-222-TIPS. Information leading to an arrest or conviction could lead to a reward of up to $1,000.
Man vs. train: Safety tour rumbles through Logansport
It’s big. No, it’s massive.It makes loud, unexpected noises.It’s intimidating, to say the least. Yet many don’t seem to find it as such. In fact, many disregard it entirely. So much so that they often pass in front of it with little or no thought.Wha
- Judge: Restaurant owner didn't try other remedies The lawyer for a Logansport restaurant owner said he plans on pursuing the remedies a judge ruled were not attempted before filing a lawsuit against the city.Royal Rentals LLC, owned by Bernadene Thimlar of Royal Center, filed the lawsuit against the
- More Local News Headlines