- Local News
- Police blotter: Dec. 10, 2013 Have a tip? Anyone with information on a crime is encouraged to call Crime Stoppers at 800-222-TIPS. Information leading to an arrest or conviction could lead to a reward of up to $1,000.
Rochester man arrested on meth charges
A recent narcotic investigation led to the arrest of Kyle D. Miller, 53, Rochester.
- Mayors oppose repeal of taxes without replacement INDIANAPOLIS – Mayors from across Indiana are gearing up for a fight to protect a state business tax that produces nearly $1 billion in annual revenue for local governments, libraries and schools. Republican leaders in the Statehouse say getting rid
- Caston School Corp. employee continues generations at the wheel FULTON -- From horse-drawn cart to school bus, members of the Eytcheson family have been ferrying students in Fulton County for about 100 years. Conflicting accounts from clippings of publications in the mid 1900s -- when Elmer Eytcheson's tenure as
- Business groups, mayors at odds over tax revenue TERRE HAUTE -- Who would have believed that old fork lifts, barber chairs and aging computers could capture the attention of so many folks around the state? But taxes on those items -- equipment known as "business personal property" -- generate reven
- Carroll Co. Extension to move venues FLORA -- The Carroll County Purdue Extension will be getting some new digs in 2014. The extension, previously housed in Delphi, will be adding on and moving into a building on the Carroll County 4-H fairgrounds in Flora. A 56-by-60-foot addition will
- Socking frostbite: Photograph sparks donation drive Karen Menzie started a local sock drive after a photograph left a lasting impression. Years ago, she bought a copy of Time magazine to see how the White House was decorating for Christmas. While she was flipping through the pages, she turned a page t
- Company to invest $11 million in White Co. MONTICELLO -- Adkev Inc., a Goodland-based injection and insert molding manufacturer, plans to expand its operations in Monticello and add up to 60 new jobs by 2016. The Hoosier company will invest $11 million to expand, renovate and equip its existi
- Report: ADA compliance means $8 million in updates Complying with federal accessibility regulations will cost the City of Logansport more than $8 million, according to a recently issued report. A consulting firm hired this summer by the city researched the cost of aligning with federal regulations an
- Mobile radar placed on Third Street Drivers traveling south on Third Street will see a new radar in front of Columbia schools. The radar was placed near Columbia Middle School and Columbia Elementary School Friday morning. It is one of two radars the Logansport Police Department will s
- More Local News Headlines