The 18th Street railroad crossing just north of Main Street is now getting a long-awaited face lift. The road was closed Monday in order for Toledo, Peoria and Western Railway to put in new tracks at the crossing. The city’s street department will then do all of the necessary repaving in the area. The work is expected to last for a few days.
Expect road closure for 3 days
- Local News
- Police blotter: March 12, 2014 Have a tip? Anyone with information on a crime is encouraged to call Crime Stoppers at 800-222-TIPS. Information leading to an arrest or conviction could lead to a reward of up to $1,000.
- Cashing in: Nonprofits hope for better bingo participation Local nonprofits host bingo nights each week, but have seen a decline in attendance recently. The decline might be due to brutal winter weather, but local leaders involved with bingo at different locations are hopeful the number will improve. Logansp
- Prosecution questions witnesses in murder trial The second day of a jury trial over the murder of a Logansport man came with testimony from witnesses called by the prosecution, who described a strained association between the deceased and the man charged with the murder. Loren Fry, 78, Logansport,
- Robbery case yields another arrest A 24-year-old Logansport woman faces charges of aiding, inducing or causing armed robbery and assisting a criminal related to a recent armed robbery at a Clark gas station in Logansport. Amanda Kukulka was arrested at 1:01 p.m. Friday by the Loganspo
- Indiana House leader: Tax, preschool deals near INDIANAPOLIS -- Republican leaders working on a series of last-minute compromises on top-tier issues of tax cuts, preschool and road funding announced Tuesday they were close to final agreements. "I say agreement in principle because we still have to
- LMH clarifies questions about patient letter If you received a letter in the mail from Logansport Memorial Hospital that had a California address listed, do not be alarmed. Patients should know that it is not a scam. The letter that was sent did have a California address listed, but that does n
- Peru extends school day PERU -- Students at Peru Community Schools will be staying at school longer for the next two weeks after the Peru School Board Monday approved a one-hour extension to make up for snow cancellations. The one-hour extension starts today and will contin
- Police blotter: March 11, 2014 Have a tip? Anyone with information on a crime is encouraged to call Crime Stoppers at 800-222-TIPS. Information leading to an arrest or conviction could lead to a reward of up to $1,000.
- Jury trial begins for man facing murder charge A jury trial for a Logansport man accused of murder began Monday morning in Cass Superior Court II. The jury trial stems from a 2011 case in which Loren Fry was charged with the murder of David Schroder over what police said was a long-running disput
- Test prep underway A lot of works goes on behind the scenes of a school district to prepare for the high-stakes test that is ISTEP+. The pressure to make sure local school districts' technology is ready for the standardized test is high with last year's ISTEP interrupt
- More Local News Headlines