The 18th Street railroad crossing just north of Main Street is now getting a long-awaited face lift. The road was closed Monday in order for Toledo, Peoria and Western Railway to put in new tracks at the crossing. The city’s street department will then do all of the necessary repaving in the area. The work is expected to last for a few days.
Expect road closure for 3 days
- Local News
- Police blotter: Dec. 12, 2013 Have a tip? Anyone with information on a crime is encouraged to call Crime Stoppers at 800-222-TIPS. Information leading to an arrest or conviction could lead to a reward of up to $1,000.
- Peru man pulls gun on neighbor, police report Deputies say an intoxicated 65-year-old Peru man pointed a loaded semi-automatic handgun at another man, who then managed to take the gun and restrain the suspect.
- Holiday tradition: Twelve Mile pageant this weekend TWELVE MILE -- Once everyone is in their spots and the chaos of preparation has subsided, Kathy Buczkowski, likes to sit in Plank Hill Park and watch the nativity story scenes come to life before her eyes. Buczkowski, chairperson of the Twelve Mile C
- LHS b-ball girls recap China trip A recent trip to China left the Logansport High School girls' basketball team with a lot of memories. But more than memories, the trip was a lesson of sorts to those who got the chance to see something they might not have been able to see otherwise.
- Ind. lawmakers face ambitious agenda INDIANAPOLIS -- Lawmakers are crafting an aggressive agenda for the new year that includes a tax break for businesses, preschool funding for the poor, road spending and a divisive constitutional amendment -- all packaged into a so-called "short sessi
- Visitors bureau accepting 2014 grant applications In 2014, the Cass County Visitors Bureau will be awarding four $1,250 major grants, four $750 major grants and eight $500 mini grants. To be eligible for one of the major grants, your grant application must be returned to the Cass County Visitors Bur
- Police blotter: Dec. 11, 2013 Have a tip? Anyone with information on a crime is encouraged to call Crime Stoppers at 800-222-TIPS. Information leading to an arrest or conviction could lead to a reward of up to $1,000.
- Dismantling a depot: Charred Flora landmark being put into storage FLORA -- Curt Hufty walked slowly through what remained of the former Flora train depot as he recounted the story. Now a charred shell, the building had once been located downtown next to the train tracks, he said. After that, it was moved to its pre
- Poll shows Hoosiers' changing opinions on pot and marriage amendment INDIANAPOLIS - Legislators may balk at the idea of easing the penalties for marijuana, but a new poll shows a majority of Hoosiers support legalizing the drug and taxing it like alcohol and tobacco. The same poll finds that a strong majority of Hoosi
- The Salvation Army at critical funding levels The Logansport Salvation Army is short of its goal to raise $145,000 to support the organization's programs throughout the year. "It is critical," Major Rose Eagle said. So far, the Christmas campaign has generated $32,204, which is almost $31,000
- More Local News Headlines