— Five Cass County residents – three Republicans and two Democrats – are vying for three vacant Cass County Council seats in next week's election.
Five candidates are running for county council at large.
- Local News
- Data breach affects Dukes Memorial Hospital PERU — Dukes Memorial Hospital was one of nine Indiana hospitals affected by Monday's data breach at Community Health Systems. Community Health Systems — which is not affiliated with Community Health Network, the Indianapolis-based healthcare provide
- Police Blotter: Aug. 19, 2014 Have a tip? Anyone with information on a crime is encouraged to call Crime Stoppers at 800-222-TIPS. Information leading to an arrest or conviction could lead to a reward of up to $1,000.
- State sues EPA over carbon dioxide regulations The state of Indiana and 11 other states are suing the U.S. Environment Protection Agency over its recent carbon dioxide regulations, contending the agency is “overstepping its authority.” The lawsuit, filed this month in U.S. Court of Appeals in the
- Council passes annexation exceptions Exceptions to local rules are now in place for residents of land Logansport is annexing should the city win the lawsuit filed by opponents set to get underway again next month.Logansport City Council narrowly approved 4-3 the annexation of two territ
- Booms and busts: What will happen to coal towns? DUGGER — The existence of this small southwestern Indiana town has depended on coal for a long time. It was named for the Dugger family that sunk the first mine in 1879. Within five years, Dugger was one of largest villages in eastern Sullivan County
- Cass County prepares for government property fixes Cass County officials are preparing for some major fixes to county-owned properties.Cass County Commissioners said at their bimonthly meeting Monday that they include the government building and jail on Court Park, annex building on High Street and b
- INDOT to improve signage on Logan exits of Hoosier Heartland After much public outcry and several accidents — now including a fatal crash on Sunday — the Indiana Department of Transportation has made detailed plans to install improved signage at the Logansport interchanges along the Hoosier Heartland Highway a
- Rural/Metro terminates ambulance contract The company providing ambulance services in Cass County announced Monday it is discontinuing service locally and in much of the state. Rural/Metro of Indiana, LP, under Scottsdale, Ariz.-based Rural/Metro, cited unfavorable logistical and economic co
- Farm View to spread ag awareness Saturday If you want to learn more about farming, the Cass County Ag Council and Purdue Extension will be hosting a full day focused on agriculture this weekend. The fourth annual Cass County Farm View is Saturday at Kitchel's Treaty Branch Farm in Peru. Mega
- Police Blotter: Aug. 18, 2014 Have a tip? Anyone with information on a crime is encouraged to call Crime Stoppers at 800-222-TIPS. Information leading to an arrest or conviction could lead to a reward of up to $1,000.
- More Local News Headlines