The Cass County Habitat for Humanity had an open house Sunday at the home of Mang Khai and his wife Shwe Aye on Miles Street. Dozens toured the home, which was painted with natural colors and had the smells of freshly laid carpet. The Habitat board voted last summer to officially approve Mang Khai’s family as the organization’s most recent partner family. Their house on Miles Street has been undergoing renovations since January 2012. The house is the sixth that Habitat has built or renovated since 1993 in Cass County.
- Local News
- Police blotter: Dec. 7, 2013 Have a tip? Anyone with information on a crime is encouraged to call Crime Stoppers at 800-222-TIPS. Information leading to an arrest or conviction could lead to a reward of up to $1,000.
- Lighting the town Christmas cheer filled downtown Logansport Thursday evening -- with a little help from Santa. The holiday wish-granter spoke to children during the annual Logan's Landing Downtown Christmas Open House from his posh room at The Gray Mill, while a few
- Logansport homeless numbers plateau While a national agency reports the number of people coming through the country's homeless shelters is decreasing, a Logansport shelter's numbers remain steady, but the goals of both continue to remain the same. The U.S. Department of Housing and Urb
- Caston, Delphi to recoup losses via settlement Caston School Corporation and Delphi Community Schools are among the 27 Indiana school districts receiving money lost investing in a failed union health insurance plan. Secretary of State Connie Lawson announced Tuesday that school districts will sp
- CCHS receives grant to digitize records A charitable grant will aid the Cass County Historical Society in digitizing records. The grant, received for the second consecutive year, came from The Lawrence J. and Ruth J. Castaldi Family Fund, a donor-advised fund to underwrite the digitization
- Duncan sentenced to 13 years Christopher Duncan, convicted last month on five counts related to a 2011 shooting incident, was sentenced Thursday to 13 years in the state prison system. Duncan, 48, Logansport, was convicted of attempted battery by means of a deadly weapon, one of
- Witness reports conflict in fatal stabbing of Peru man PERU - Witnesses say an 18-year-old Peru man stabbed and killed a 19-year-old man during a Sunday morning altercation, according to court documents released Wednesday. Brayton L. Kelsor, Peru, died at Dukes Memorial Hospital in Peru early Sunday morn
- No Headline Provided We wish to clarify a story that ran on Page One of Thursday's edition regarding a drug bust by the Logansport Police and Cass County Sheriff departments. Because the arrests were made by two agencies at two different locations, it was unclear on the
Police blotter: Dec. 6, 2013
Have a tip? Anyone with information on a crime is encouraged to call Crime Stoppers at 800-222-TIPS. Information leading to an arrest or conviction could lead to a reward of up to $1,000.
- Logansport man charged with armed robbery After police investigated a call alerting police of an armed robbery, Robert G. Mathew, 26, Logansport, was arrested. Assistant Chief Bryan Hillis with the Logansport Police Department, said LPD Patrol was dispatched to 18th and North streets regard
- More Local News Headlines