Motorcycle chase leads to arrest
A high speed chase by the Cass County Sheriff’s Department led to the arrest of a Logansport man Monday evening.
Cass County Sheriff’s Department Deputy Gary Armstrong reportedly observed a motorcycle at 7:49 p.m. Monday driven by Christopher D.G. Symons, 23, Logansport, traveling at 78 mph in the area of 1050S and U.S. 35, according to a news release from the Cass County Sheriff’s Department.
In an attempt to stop Symons, who was traveling in speeds excess to 100 mph, Armstrong pulled his patrol car in front of the driver at 800S, according to the release.
When Symons attempted to drive the motorcycle around the car, Armstrong tried to pull him off the vehicle, causing him to drive into a ditch, according to the release. While trying to flee again, Symons lost control of the motorcycle. As a result, he suffered abrasions and was taken to Logansport Memorial Hospital for treatment.
Symons was arrested on charges of resisting law enforcement with a motor vehicle, reckless driving, unreasonable high speed, resisting law enforcement and numerous traffic violations. He also had active warrants from Howard County for pointing a firearm, strangulation and check deception.
Area boosters plan pork dinner
MACY — The Nyona South Mud Lake Boosters are having a roast pork dinner from 5 to 7 p.m. Saturday at the Club House, 2999 N. Knoll Drive at Nyona Lake.
The dinner includes dessert and a beverage.
Proceeds will go to help finance lake projects.
Spirit Day sales set for Saturday
FRANCESVILLE — Francesville’s Spirit Day townwide garage sales are planned for Saturday.
There will be food, drinks and maps with locations and sale items available at the Francesville Fire Station.
Garden tour taking place in Rochester
ROCHESTER — The Fulton County Master Gardeners are hosting a garden tour from 2 to 5 p.m. Saturday, rain or shine, with proceeds going to Habitat for Humanity and other projects.
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
Motorcycle chase leads to arrest
- Local News
- Police blotter: April 23, 2014 Have a tip? Anyone with information on a crime is encouraged to call Crime Stoppers at 800-222-TIPS. Information leading to an arrest or conviction could lead to a reward of up to $1,000.
- Mall mortgage up for auction The mortgage note for the Logansport Mall is scheduled to be sold at auction early next month. Foreclosure procedures for the mall began when lawyers for Algonquin State Bank, N.A., out of Algonquin, Ill., filed a complaint against the mall's owner -
- Being kind to their mother: Lewis Cass students plant trees on Earth Day WALTON -- Weeks of planning came together Tuesday as students planted 22 trees on the grounds of Lewis Cass Jr.-Sr. High School in observance of Earth Day. Amy Densborn, a science teacher at Lewis Cass, wanted to plant the trees so that students in s
- Students collect 2,475 pounds of plastic bags The Cass County Solid Waste Management District now knows to be careful what you ask for. The district opted to again this year host its plastic shopping bag contest for area elementary schools in observance of Earth Day. Overall, the district recei
- Inmate sues for religious services at Miami County prison BUNKER HILL – A Native American inmate is suing the Miami Correctional Facility for violating his constitutional religious freedom after the prison last year terminated Native American worship services. Daniel Littlepage says in a class action lawsui
- Police blotter: April 22, 2014 Have a tip? Anyone with information on a crime is encouraged to call Crime Stoppers at 800-222-TIPS. Information leading to an arrest or conviction could lead to a reward of up to $1,000.
- Monticello amusement park brings new thrills MONTICELLO -- Indiana Beach's first major steel roller coaster -- the Galaxi -- is being retired after 42 years. Don Hurd operated the ride as a park employee 35 years ago. "At that time, it was one of the biggest coasters around," he said. "It's one
- Southeastern school board reopens its search for a principal at Lewis Cass WALTON -- Southeastern School Corp. officials thought they had found their new principal for Lewis Cass Jr.-Sr. High School. The position was offered to a candidate, but he declined to accept it, Superintendent Trudie Hedrick reported to the school b
- No Headline Provided Guests will be able to climb into a carved-out pumpkin that will circle above Indiana Beach in one of the park's latest rides -- the Pumpkin Ferris Wheel.
- Woman arrested in meth lab find MACY — A narcotics investigation led to the recent arrest of a Fulton County woman on several drug charges. Shelly Maness, 35, Macy, was arrested on two felony counts of dealing in methamphetamine, possession of meth, possession of an illegal drug la
- More Local News Headlines