Motorcycle chase leads to arrest
A high speed chase by the Cass County Sheriff’s Department led to the arrest of a Logansport man Monday evening.
Cass County Sheriff’s Department Deputy Gary Armstrong reportedly observed a motorcycle at 7:49 p.m. Monday driven by Christopher D.G. Symons, 23, Logansport, traveling at 78 mph in the area of 1050S and U.S. 35, according to a news release from the Cass County Sheriff’s Department.
In an attempt to stop Symons, who was traveling in speeds excess to 100 mph, Armstrong pulled his patrol car in front of the driver at 800S, according to the release.
When Symons attempted to drive the motorcycle around the car, Armstrong tried to pull him off the vehicle, causing him to drive into a ditch, according to the release. While trying to flee again, Symons lost control of the motorcycle. As a result, he suffered abrasions and was taken to Logansport Memorial Hospital for treatment.
Symons was arrested on charges of resisting law enforcement with a motor vehicle, reckless driving, unreasonable high speed, resisting law enforcement and numerous traffic violations. He also had active warrants from Howard County for pointing a firearm, strangulation and check deception.
Area boosters plan pork dinner
MACY — The Nyona South Mud Lake Boosters are having a roast pork dinner from 5 to 7 p.m. Saturday at the Club House, 2999 N. Knoll Drive at Nyona Lake.
The dinner includes dessert and a beverage.
Proceeds will go to help finance lake projects.
Spirit Day sales set for Saturday
FRANCESVILLE — Francesville’s Spirit Day townwide garage sales are planned for Saturday.
There will be food, drinks and maps with locations and sale items available at the Francesville Fire Station.
Garden tour taking place in Rochester
ROCHESTER — The Fulton County Master Gardeners are hosting a garden tour from 2 to 5 p.m. Saturday, rain or shine, with proceeds going to Habitat for Humanity and other projects.
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
Motorcycle chase leads to arrest
- Local News
- Work on Logansport senior-living facility continues The transformation of a building on Logansport’s north side that formerly accommodated children is expected to be complete this fall, when it will start catering to those on the other end of life’s timeline.Indianapolis-based Crestline Communities ha
- History, carnival set for Delphi DELPHI — One hundred and fifty-nine years ago, the founders of Carroll County gathered together to catch up and connect, as it was one of the only ways to do so back in 1885.Referred to as the Carroll County Old Settlers’ Meeting, it still lives on t
- Veteran on cross- country mission PERU — Eric Peters is on a 2,700-mile mission.As a 23-year-old Army veteran who served in Afghanistan, Peters is used to missions. But this one is personal.Thirty-five days ago, he started a cross-country trek from his home in Clark, New Jersey, that
- Purdue corn specialist: Cool weather's effect on crop could differ from 2009 WEST LAFAYETTE — The next two months will determine whether the Indiana corn crop produces high yields as expected or is significantly damaged by any unforeseen, drastic changes in weather and diseases, Purdue Extension corn specialist Bob Nielsen sa
- Late-season herbicide may be ineffective, scientist says WEST LAFAYETTE — For farmers seeing weeds in their crop fields this late in the growing season, hand-rouging and pulling them by hand may be the best way to remove them, more so than using a herbicide, a Purdue Extension weed scientist says.“The majo
- Manhunt: Law enforcement capture State Hospital escapee BURROWS — An inmate who reportedly escaped from the Logansport State Hospital Thursday evening was apprehended in Carroll County late Friday morning.Jim Gavin, director of communications and media at the Indiana Family and Social Services Administrat
- Sports briefs for Sunday, July 27 Sports BriefsKizer helps Feverrally to beat StarsSAN ANTONIO (AP) — Lynetta Kizer scored 16 points and the Indiana Fever dominated the fourth quarter in rallying for a 75-68 victory over the San Antonio Stars on Saturday night.Shavonte Zellous added
- Trial set for man accused of plotting murder PERU — An orthopedic surgeon at Dukes Memorial Hospital who is accused of plotting to murder his ex-wife and make it look like a suicide is set to face a jury trial.In Miami County Circuit Court Thursday, Gregory Konrath, 48, was scheduled to face tr
- Cass Co. United Way to move offices Cass County’s United Way office is moving Sept. 1 to Cass City Center from its current location a block away, in the corner of the Security Federal Savings Bank building in downtown Logansport.“The United Way has appreciated the generous agreement wi
- Former Kokomo doctor to forfeit $1.2 million KOKOMO — Former Kokomo doctor Donald Wagoner, who recently was convicted and sentenced for over-prescribing pain medication, has agreed to pay $1.2 million as settlement in a civil suit brought by the Howard County Prosecutor’s Office.Prosecutor Mark
- More Local News Headlines