“This is the best deal available,” he said.
In other news, the board also:
• Approved the submission of 10-day notices to the owners of 208, 210 and 214 S. Sixth Street to respond with a plan of action regarding their properties, which are all considered unsafe structures. The property at 208 had to be partially demolished in April after a partial collapse, placing further strain on the other properties, as they all share structural elements.
• Approved a street closure at Melbourne Avenue from Third to Fifth streets and Fourth Street from Market Street to Melbourne Avenue from 9 a.m. Aug. 10 to noon Aug. 12 for Taste of Cass County 2013.
• Approved the hiring of a police officer.
• Approved the closure of an alley between North Street and Broadway and Eighth and Ninth streets from noon to 4:30 p.m. July 27 for a block party for First United Methodist Church.
• Approved a dumpster request at 1300 Smead St. from now until Monday for a roof tear-off.