9:37 a.m. — Arrest. Shannell Christine, 22, Monticello, was arrested on a warrant of failure to appear. Cass County Sheriff’s Department.
10:47 a.m. — Theft. The owner Zim’s Auto Sales reported theft of gas from vehicles parked on their lot. Logansport Police Department.
2:11 p.m. — Crash. A vehicle driven by Ruth Stepp, 68, Logansport, collided with a vehicle driven by John Strahlem, 66. Logansport. No injuries reported. LPD.
2:37 p.m. — Arrest. Sarah Kaye Vaughan, 29, Indianapolis, was arrested on a charge of conversion. CCSD.
4:09 p.m. — Arrest. Enrique Diego-Francisco, 25, Logansport, was arrested on a warrant of failure to appear. CCSD.
5:05 p.m. — Theft. Security Federal advised she believes a scam is in progress at Security Federal. William Gillbert came into bank to withdrawl money and was to meet these people to buy a truck out of North Carolina. Suspects were not present and other monies stopped. Was an over the phone scam. LPD.
6:00 p.m. — Arrest. Jerue Rosa Clark, 27, Logansport, was arrested on a charge of theft. CCSD
6:05 p.m. — Crash. 1200 block of North Street, Carrie Wotten, 36, Logansport, struck a parked vehicle owned by Annette Lindsley, 46, Logansport. Carrie Wotten issued citation in reference to driving while suspended - infraction. LPD.
8:04 p.m. — Crash. 423 Hanna Street, Theressia Roland, 57, Logansport, reported her vehicle had been stuck in the past 24 hours. Aries report completed. LPD.
3:28 a.m. — Vandalism. 17th Street and Jefferson Avenue, Kyle Berry, 24, Logansport, reported a subject broke the windshield and passenger window with their bare hands. LPD.
4:24 a.m. — Theft.18th and Otto streets, officer observed two suspicious juveniles in the area. It was determined both juveniles were in possession of stolen property. LPD.
6:18 a.m. — Arrest. Paul Russell Hudson, 28, Logansport, was arrested on a charge of domestic battery. Logansport Police Department.
6:44 a.m. — Arrest. Carrie Lynne Shidler, 27, Winamac, was arrested on a charge of domestic battery. LPD.
12:43 p.m. — Theft. Employee at Mobile Gas Station, 2530 East. Market Street, reported a white Dodge Charger drove off from pump number six without paying for $25 of fuel. LPD.
1:58 p.m. — Crash. 1100 block Erie Avenue. Amber Black, 27, Royal Center, reported a silver four door car struck a pop up camper and car owned by Chrystal Fritz, 45, Logansport, along with a truck owned by Raymond Lahmann, 57, Logansport, before fleeing the area.
10:42 p.m. — Arrest. Jeremy Edward Piland, 33, Logansport, was arrested on charges of conspiring to manufacture meth and possession of precursors. LPD.
10:52 p.m. — Arrest. Lewis Melvin Shepard, 46, Logansport, was arrested on two warrants of failure to appear. LPD
2:08 a.m. — Arrest. Matthew Scott Kinzer, 38, Logansport, was arrested on charges of disregarding stop sign, possession of paraphernalia, possession of controlled substance, possession of marijuana, possession of methamphetamine and possession of hypodermic needles. CCSD.
4:55 a.m. — Arrest. Donald Delbert Gilbert, 36, Indianapolis, was arrest on an out of county warrant, and charges of possession of a destructive device, Class C Felony, and undisclosed transportation of a dangerous device, Class A Misdemeanor. CCSD.
7:13 a.m. — Arrest. Hollie Rachel Roberts, 28, Logansport, was arrested on a charge of invasion of privacy. LPD.
10:46 a.m. — Crash. Misty Hardy, Logansport, reported her vehicle was struck while parked in The Home Depot parking lot. LPD.
11:39 a.m. — Theft. 800 block of 19th Street, a resident reported her home entered and a 50 inch television was taken. LPD.
2:09 p.m. — Theft. Resident reported she had two bicycles stolen from her property. LPD.
2:24 p.m. — Theft. Complainant reported a theft of a bicycle. LPD.
2:45 p.m. — Theft. Resident reported her bicycle was stole from the backyard of the residence. LPD.
7:22 p.m. — David Ray Wright, 19, Logansport, was arrested on a warrant with two counts of theft, and a Carroll County warrant of possession of marijuana. LPD.
3:15 a.m. — Arrest. Martell Stefan Beason, 20, Kokomo, was arrested on charges of minor consumption and false informing. LPD.
1:34 p.m. — 210 East Linden, first responder call. Logansport Fire Department.
3:10 p.m. — 221 Center Street, first responder call. LFD.
5:36 p.m. — East Broadway Cass Plaza Drive, first responder call, LFD.
6:50 p.m. — 21 Eel River Avenue, dispatched to assist EMS, man down. LFD.
10:31 p.m. — 929 Jackson Street, first responder call. LFD.
11:56 p.m. — 43 Seybolt Street, first responder call. LFD.
3:24 p.m. — 2315 George Street, first responder call. LFD.
3:40 p.m. — 611 West Market St, McDonalds West, outside vegetation fire. LFD.
5:24 p.m. — 813 Sunset Drive, first responder call. LFD.
- Local News
- Mall mortgage up for auction The mortgage note for the Logansport Mall is scheduled to be sold at auction early next month. Foreclosure procedures for the mall began when lawyers for Algonquin State Bank, N.A., out of Algonquin, Ill., filed a complaint against the mall's owner -
- Being kind to their mother: Lewis Cass students plant trees on Earth Day WALTON -- Weeks of planning came together Tuesday as students planted 22 trees on the grounds of Lewis Cass Jr.-Sr. High School in observance of Earth Day. Amy Densborn, a science teacher at Lewis Cass, wanted to plant the trees so that students in s
- Students collect 2,475 pounds of plastic bags The Cass County Solid Waste Management District now knows to be careful what you ask for. The district opted to again this year host its plastic shopping bag contest for area elementary schools in observance of Earth Day. Overall, the district recei
- Inmate sues for religious services at Miami County prison BUNKER HILL – A Native American inmate is suing the Miami Correctional Facility for violating his constitutional religious freedom after the prison last year terminated Native American worship services. Daniel Littlepage says in a class action lawsui
- Police blotter: April 22, 2014 Have a tip? Anyone with information on a crime is encouraged to call Crime Stoppers at 800-222-TIPS. Information leading to an arrest or conviction could lead to a reward of up to $1,000.
- Monticello amusement park brings new thrills MONTICELLO -- Indiana Beach's first major steel roller coaster -- the Galaxi -- is being retired after 42 years. Don Hurd operated the ride as a park employee 35 years ago. "At that time, it was one of the biggest coasters around," he said. "It's one
- Southeastern school board reopens its search for a principal at Lewis Cass WALTON -- Southeastern School Corp. officials thought they had found their new principal for Lewis Cass Jr.-Sr. High School. The position was offered to a candidate, but he declined to accept it, Superintendent Trudie Hedrick reported to the school b
- No Headline Provided Guests will be able to climb into a carved-out pumpkin that will circle above Indiana Beach in one of the park's latest rides -- the Pumpkin Ferris Wheel.
- Woman arrested in meth lab find MACY — A narcotics investigation led to the recent arrest of a Fulton County woman on several drug charges. Shelly Maness, 35, Macy, was arrested on two felony counts of dealing in methamphetamine, possession of meth, possession of an illegal drug la
- Police blotter: April 21, 2014 Have a tip? Anyone with information on a crime is encouraged to call Crime Stoppers at 800-222-TIPS. Information leading to an arrest or conviction could lead to a reward of up to $1,000.
- More Local News Headlines