9:37 a.m. — Arrest. Shannell Christine, 22, Monticello, was arrested on a warrant of failure to appear. Cass County Sheriff’s Department.
10:47 a.m. — Theft. The owner Zim’s Auto Sales reported theft of gas from vehicles parked on their lot. Logansport Police Department.
2:11 p.m. — Crash. A vehicle driven by Ruth Stepp, 68, Logansport, collided with a vehicle driven by John Strahlem, 66. Logansport. No injuries reported. LPD.
2:37 p.m. — Arrest. Sarah Kaye Vaughan, 29, Indianapolis, was arrested on a charge of conversion. CCSD.
4:09 p.m. — Arrest. Enrique Diego-Francisco, 25, Logansport, was arrested on a warrant of failure to appear. CCSD.
5:05 p.m. — Theft. Security Federal advised she believes a scam is in progress at Security Federal. William Gillbert came into bank to withdrawl money and was to meet these people to buy a truck out of North Carolina. Suspects were not present and other monies stopped. Was an over the phone scam. LPD.
6:00 p.m. — Arrest. Jerue Rosa Clark, 27, Logansport, was arrested on a charge of theft. CCSD
6:05 p.m. — Crash. 1200 block of North Street, Carrie Wotten, 36, Logansport, struck a parked vehicle owned by Annette Lindsley, 46, Logansport. Carrie Wotten issued citation in reference to driving while suspended - infraction. LPD.
8:04 p.m. — Crash. 423 Hanna Street, Theressia Roland, 57, Logansport, reported her vehicle had been stuck in the past 24 hours. Aries report completed. LPD.
3:28 a.m. — Vandalism. 17th Street and Jefferson Avenue, Kyle Berry, 24, Logansport, reported a subject broke the windshield and passenger window with their bare hands. LPD.
4:24 a.m. — Theft.18th and Otto streets, officer observed two suspicious juveniles in the area. It was determined both juveniles were in possession of stolen property. LPD.
6:18 a.m. — Arrest. Paul Russell Hudson, 28, Logansport, was arrested on a charge of domestic battery. Logansport Police Department.
6:44 a.m. — Arrest. Carrie Lynne Shidler, 27, Winamac, was arrested on a charge of domestic battery. LPD.
12:43 p.m. — Theft. Employee at Mobile Gas Station, 2530 East. Market Street, reported a white Dodge Charger drove off from pump number six without paying for $25 of fuel. LPD.
1:58 p.m. — Crash. 1100 block Erie Avenue. Amber Black, 27, Royal Center, reported a silver four door car struck a pop up camper and car owned by Chrystal Fritz, 45, Logansport, along with a truck owned by Raymond Lahmann, 57, Logansport, before fleeing the area.
10:42 p.m. — Arrest. Jeremy Edward Piland, 33, Logansport, was arrested on charges of conspiring to manufacture meth and possession of precursors. LPD.
10:52 p.m. — Arrest. Lewis Melvin Shepard, 46, Logansport, was arrested on two warrants of failure to appear. LPD
2:08 a.m. — Arrest. Matthew Scott Kinzer, 38, Logansport, was arrested on charges of disregarding stop sign, possession of paraphernalia, possession of controlled substance, possession of marijuana, possession of methamphetamine and possession of hypodermic needles. CCSD.
4:55 a.m. — Arrest. Donald Delbert Gilbert, 36, Indianapolis, was arrest on an out of county warrant, and charges of possession of a destructive device, Class C Felony, and undisclosed transportation of a dangerous device, Class A Misdemeanor. CCSD.
7:13 a.m. — Arrest. Hollie Rachel Roberts, 28, Logansport, was arrested on a charge of invasion of privacy. LPD.
10:46 a.m. — Crash. Misty Hardy, Logansport, reported her vehicle was struck while parked in The Home Depot parking lot. LPD.
11:39 a.m. — Theft. 800 block of 19th Street, a resident reported her home entered and a 50 inch television was taken. LPD.
2:09 p.m. — Theft. Resident reported she had two bicycles stolen from her property. LPD.
2:24 p.m. — Theft. Complainant reported a theft of a bicycle. LPD.
2:45 p.m. — Theft. Resident reported her bicycle was stole from the backyard of the residence. LPD.
7:22 p.m. — David Ray Wright, 19, Logansport, was arrested on a warrant with two counts of theft, and a Carroll County warrant of possession of marijuana. LPD.
3:15 a.m. — Arrest. Martell Stefan Beason, 20, Kokomo, was arrested on charges of minor consumption and false informing. LPD.
1:34 p.m. — 210 East Linden, first responder call. Logansport Fire Department.
3:10 p.m. — 221 Center Street, first responder call. LFD.
5:36 p.m. — East Broadway Cass Plaza Drive, first responder call, LFD.
6:50 p.m. — 21 Eel River Avenue, dispatched to assist EMS, man down. LFD.
10:31 p.m. — 929 Jackson Street, first responder call. LFD.
11:56 p.m. — 43 Seybolt Street, first responder call. LFD.
3:24 p.m. — 2315 George Street, first responder call. LFD.
3:40 p.m. — 611 West Market St, McDonalds West, outside vegetation fire. LFD.
5:24 p.m. — 813 Sunset Drive, first responder call. LFD.
- Local News
- Police blotter: March 11, 2014 Have a tip? Anyone with information on a crime is encouraged to call Crime Stoppers at 800-222-TIPS. Information leading to an arrest or conviction could lead to a reward of up to $1,000.
- Jury trial begins for man facing murder charge A jury trial for a Logansport man accused of murder began Monday morning in Cass Superior Court II. The jury trial stems from a 2011 case in which Loren Fry was charged with the murder of David Schroder over what police said was a long-running disput
- Test prep underway A lot of works goes on behind the scenes of a school district to prepare for the high-stakes test that is ISTEP+. The pressure to make sure local school districts' technology is ready for the standardized test is high with last year's ISTEP interrupt
Police looking for hit-and-run suspect
Police looking for hit-and-run suspect LEBANON (AP) -- Crime Stoppers of Central Indiana has announced a new campaign to try to solve a hit-and-run crash that killed a 78-year-old Indiana woman in November 2012. WISH-TV reports police and Crime Stopp
- Transit questions remain Trust those witty folks in the Indiana General Assembly to keep confounding us simple Hoosiers. Last week, I praised the passage of HB 1020 calling for a study of economic incentives. I made the unforgivable mistake of working off a press release. Wh
- Summer school for LCSC students With ISTEP weighing heavy on many administrators' minds, a new program will be put in to place this summer. A middle school ISTEP remediation will be available this summer to students from sixth to eighth grade. Greg Grostefon, principal at Columbia
- Gun stolen by Dillinger gang returned to Indiana AUBURN (AP) -- A Thompson submachine gun that John Dillinger's gang stole from a northeastern Indiana police station more than 80 years ago has been returned, finally, and will go on display. The FBI returned the gun during a ceremony Thursday at the
- Do men really experience menopause? "You've got all the symptoms," Sue said. "The symptoms of what?" "MFS." "MFS? I feel fine." "Sure, now you do, but when I asked you to vacuum the living room, you said you were too tired. When I asked you to take out the garbage you said, 'Later.' Th
- Police blotter: March, 10 2014 Have a tip? Anyone with information on a crime is encouraged to call Crime Stoppers at 800-222-TIPS. Information leading to an arrest or conviction could lead to a reward of up to $1,000.
- $7.5M facility coming to Carroll FLORA -- Carroll School Corp. is slated to get major changes over the next year. At the top of the list is a $7.5 million health and fitness center. Plans for the health and wellness center were approved at the Carroll School Corp. board meeting Tues
- More Local News Headlines