9:37 a.m. — Arrest. Shannell Christine, 22, Monticello, was arrested on a warrant of failure to appear. Cass County Sheriff’s Department.
10:47 a.m. — Theft. The owner Zim’s Auto Sales reported theft of gas from vehicles parked on their lot. Logansport Police Department.
2:11 p.m. — Crash. A vehicle driven by Ruth Stepp, 68, Logansport, collided with a vehicle driven by John Strahlem, 66. Logansport. No injuries reported. LPD.
2:37 p.m. — Arrest. Sarah Kaye Vaughan, 29, Indianapolis, was arrested on a charge of conversion. CCSD.
4:09 p.m. — Arrest. Enrique Diego-Francisco, 25, Logansport, was arrested on a warrant of failure to appear. CCSD.
5:05 p.m. — Theft. Security Federal advised she believes a scam is in progress at Security Federal. William Gillbert came into bank to withdrawl money and was to meet these people to buy a truck out of North Carolina. Suspects were not present and other monies stopped. Was an over the phone scam. LPD.
6:00 p.m. — Arrest. Jerue Rosa Clark, 27, Logansport, was arrested on a charge of theft. CCSD
6:05 p.m. — Crash. 1200 block of North Street, Carrie Wotten, 36, Logansport, struck a parked vehicle owned by Annette Lindsley, 46, Logansport. Carrie Wotten issued citation in reference to driving while suspended - infraction. LPD.
8:04 p.m. — Crash. 423 Hanna Street, Theressia Roland, 57, Logansport, reported her vehicle had been stuck in the past 24 hours. Aries report completed. LPD.
3:28 a.m. — Vandalism. 17th Street and Jefferson Avenue, Kyle Berry, 24, Logansport, reported a subject broke the windshield and passenger window with their bare hands. LPD.
4:24 a.m. — Theft.18th and Otto streets, officer observed two suspicious juveniles in the area. It was determined both juveniles were in possession of stolen property. LPD.
6:18 a.m. — Arrest. Paul Russell Hudson, 28, Logansport, was arrested on a charge of domestic battery. Logansport Police Department.
6:44 a.m. — Arrest. Carrie Lynne Shidler, 27, Winamac, was arrested on a charge of domestic battery. LPD.
12:43 p.m. — Theft. Employee at Mobile Gas Station, 2530 East. Market Street, reported a white Dodge Charger drove off from pump number six without paying for $25 of fuel. LPD.
1:58 p.m. — Crash. 1100 block Erie Avenue. Amber Black, 27, Royal Center, reported a silver four door car struck a pop up camper and car owned by Chrystal Fritz, 45, Logansport, along with a truck owned by Raymond Lahmann, 57, Logansport, before fleeing the area.
10:42 p.m. — Arrest. Jeremy Edward Piland, 33, Logansport, was arrested on charges of conspiring to manufacture meth and possession of precursors. LPD.
10:52 p.m. — Arrest. Lewis Melvin Shepard, 46, Logansport, was arrested on two warrants of failure to appear. LPD
2:08 a.m. — Arrest. Matthew Scott Kinzer, 38, Logansport, was arrested on charges of disregarding stop sign, possession of paraphernalia, possession of controlled substance, possession of marijuana, possession of methamphetamine and possession of hypodermic needles. CCSD.
4:55 a.m. — Arrest. Donald Delbert Gilbert, 36, Indianapolis, was arrest on an out of county warrant, and charges of possession of a destructive device, Class C Felony, and undisclosed transportation of a dangerous device, Class A Misdemeanor. CCSD.
7:13 a.m. — Arrest. Hollie Rachel Roberts, 28, Logansport, was arrested on a charge of invasion of privacy. LPD.
10:46 a.m. — Crash. Misty Hardy, Logansport, reported her vehicle was struck while parked in The Home Depot parking lot. LPD.
11:39 a.m. — Theft. 800 block of 19th Street, a resident reported her home entered and a 50 inch television was taken. LPD.
2:09 p.m. — Theft. Resident reported she had two bicycles stolen from her property. LPD.
2:24 p.m. — Theft. Complainant reported a theft of a bicycle. LPD.
2:45 p.m. — Theft. Resident reported her bicycle was stole from the backyard of the residence. LPD.
7:22 p.m. — David Ray Wright, 19, Logansport, was arrested on a warrant with two counts of theft, and a Carroll County warrant of possession of marijuana. LPD.
3:15 a.m. — Arrest. Martell Stefan Beason, 20, Kokomo, was arrested on charges of minor consumption and false informing. LPD.
1:34 p.m. — 210 East Linden, first responder call. Logansport Fire Department.
3:10 p.m. — 221 Center Street, first responder call. LFD.
5:36 p.m. — East Broadway Cass Plaza Drive, first responder call, LFD.
6:50 p.m. — 21 Eel River Avenue, dispatched to assist EMS, man down. LFD.
10:31 p.m. — 929 Jackson Street, first responder call. LFD.
11:56 p.m. — 43 Seybolt Street, first responder call. LFD.
3:24 p.m. — 2315 George Street, first responder call. LFD.
3:40 p.m. — 611 West Market St, McDonalds West, outside vegetation fire. LFD.
5:24 p.m. — 813 Sunset Drive, first responder call. LFD.
- Local News
- Police blotter: April 18, 2014 Have a tip? Anyone with information on a crime is encouraged to call Crime Stoppers at 800-222-TIPS. Information leading to an arrest or conviction could lead to a reward of up to $1,000.
Logansport HS teacher arrested on child seduction charge
A Logansport High School teacher was arrested Thursday on a charge of child seduction.
- 50 years later WALTON -- Dean "D.A." Zehring graduated from the current Lewis Cass High School, but he never attended classes there. It's one of the unique characteristics of the graduating class of 1968, the first class to complete all four years of high school un
- Caston considers Logan bus stop FULTON -- Caston Schools administrators are considering establishing a bus stop a few miles outside its boundaries on the north side of Logansport. The school board recently discussed the feasibility of adding a bus stop for students transferring fro
- Parks let mushroom hunters forage off-trail INDIANAPOLIS - Rain that pounded Brown County State Park in early April dampened the number of hikers and mountain bikers in Indiana's largest state park, but foragers of the property's 15,000 acres of forest welcomed the weather. With the arrival o
- Police blotter: April 17, 2014 Have a tip? Anyone with information on a crime is encouraged to call Crime Stoppers at 800-222-TIPS. Information leading to an arrest or conviction could lead to a reward of up to $1,000.
- Sign of support: Class meant to connect hearing-impaired family members Jordanna Dishner-Rush gestured forcefully to a coat rack hanging in the back of the meeting room at the Logansport Library. She was trying to use just hand motions — no speech — to get the other women to guess the secret word she'd been given. Dishne
- Logansport graduation rate rises again Logansport High School's graduation rate jumped almost 2 percentage points to 92.9 percent in 2013, data released Wednesday show. The Indiana Department of Education released graduation data for the 2012-2013 school year Wednesday. The data show that
- Local dealer celebrates the Mustang Fifty years ago today, the Ford Mustang was introduced to the public at the New York World's Fair. Now, six of them will be on display for the next few weeks at Rick's Auto Sales in Logansport celebrating what the business owner says is a half centur
- Redevelopment commission proposes new TIF expansion The Logansport Redevelopment Commission is now considering including land surrounding Water Street in a proposed consolidation of the city's tax increment financing districts. A tax increment financing, or TIF, district, captures the increments of an
- More Local News Headlines