9:37 a.m. — Arrest. Shannell Christine, 22, Monticello, was arrested on a warrant of failure to appear. Cass County Sheriff’s Department.
10:47 a.m. — Theft. The owner Zim’s Auto Sales reported theft of gas from vehicles parked on their lot. Logansport Police Department.
2:11 p.m. — Crash. A vehicle driven by Ruth Stepp, 68, Logansport, collided with a vehicle driven by John Strahlem, 66. Logansport. No injuries reported. LPD.
2:37 p.m. — Arrest. Sarah Kaye Vaughan, 29, Indianapolis, was arrested on a charge of conversion. CCSD.
4:09 p.m. — Arrest. Enrique Diego-Francisco, 25, Logansport, was arrested on a warrant of failure to appear. CCSD.
5:05 p.m. — Theft. Security Federal advised she believes a scam is in progress at Security Federal. William Gillbert came into bank to withdrawl money and was to meet these people to buy a truck out of North Carolina. Suspects were not present and other monies stopped. Was an over the phone scam. LPD.
6:00 p.m. — Arrest. Jerue Rosa Clark, 27, Logansport, was arrested on a charge of theft. CCSD
6:05 p.m. — Crash. 1200 block of North Street, Carrie Wotten, 36, Logansport, struck a parked vehicle owned by Annette Lindsley, 46, Logansport. Carrie Wotten issued citation in reference to driving while suspended - infraction. LPD.
8:04 p.m. — Crash. 423 Hanna Street, Theressia Roland, 57, Logansport, reported her vehicle had been stuck in the past 24 hours. Aries report completed. LPD.
3:28 a.m. — Vandalism. 17th Street and Jefferson Avenue, Kyle Berry, 24, Logansport, reported a subject broke the windshield and passenger window with their bare hands. LPD.
4:24 a.m. — Theft.18th and Otto streets, officer observed two suspicious juveniles in the area. It was determined both juveniles were in possession of stolen property. LPD.
6:18 a.m. — Arrest. Paul Russell Hudson, 28, Logansport, was arrested on a charge of domestic battery. Logansport Police Department.
6:44 a.m. — Arrest. Carrie Lynne Shidler, 27, Winamac, was arrested on a charge of domestic battery. LPD.
12:43 p.m. — Theft. Employee at Mobile Gas Station, 2530 East. Market Street, reported a white Dodge Charger drove off from pump number six without paying for $25 of fuel. LPD.
1:58 p.m. — Crash. 1100 block Erie Avenue. Amber Black, 27, Royal Center, reported a silver four door car struck a pop up camper and car owned by Chrystal Fritz, 45, Logansport, along with a truck owned by Raymond Lahmann, 57, Logansport, before fleeing the area.
10:42 p.m. — Arrest. Jeremy Edward Piland, 33, Logansport, was arrested on charges of conspiring to manufacture meth and possession of precursors. LPD.
10:52 p.m. — Arrest. Lewis Melvin Shepard, 46, Logansport, was arrested on two warrants of failure to appear. LPD
2:08 a.m. — Arrest. Matthew Scott Kinzer, 38, Logansport, was arrested on charges of disregarding stop sign, possession of paraphernalia, possession of controlled substance, possession of marijuana, possession of methamphetamine and possession of hypodermic needles. CCSD.
4:55 a.m. — Arrest. Donald Delbert Gilbert, 36, Indianapolis, was arrest on an out of county warrant, and charges of possession of a destructive device, Class C Felony, and undisclosed transportation of a dangerous device, Class A Misdemeanor. CCSD.
7:13 a.m. — Arrest. Hollie Rachel Roberts, 28, Logansport, was arrested on a charge of invasion of privacy. LPD.
10:46 a.m. — Crash. Misty Hardy, Logansport, reported her vehicle was struck while parked in The Home Depot parking lot. LPD.
11:39 a.m. — Theft. 800 block of 19th Street, a resident reported her home entered and a 50 inch television was taken. LPD.
2:09 p.m. — Theft. Resident reported she had two bicycles stolen from her property. LPD.
2:24 p.m. — Theft. Complainant reported a theft of a bicycle. LPD.
2:45 p.m. — Theft. Resident reported her bicycle was stole from the backyard of the residence. LPD.
7:22 p.m. — David Ray Wright, 19, Logansport, was arrested on a warrant with two counts of theft, and a Carroll County warrant of possession of marijuana. LPD.
3:15 a.m. — Arrest. Martell Stefan Beason, 20, Kokomo, was arrested on charges of minor consumption and false informing. LPD.
1:34 p.m. — 210 East Linden, first responder call. Logansport Fire Department.
3:10 p.m. — 221 Center Street, first responder call. LFD.
5:36 p.m. — East Broadway Cass Plaza Drive, first responder call, LFD.
6:50 p.m. — 21 Eel River Avenue, dispatched to assist EMS, man down. LFD.
10:31 p.m. — 929 Jackson Street, first responder call. LFD.
11:56 p.m. — 43 Seybolt Street, first responder call. LFD.
3:24 p.m. — 2315 George Street, first responder call. LFD.
3:40 p.m. — 611 West Market St, McDonalds West, outside vegetation fire. LFD.
5:24 p.m. — 813 Sunset Drive, first responder call. LFD.
- Local News
- Police blotter: Dec. 7, 2013 Have a tip? Anyone with information on a crime is encouraged to call Crime Stoppers at 800-222-TIPS. Information leading to an arrest or conviction could lead to a reward of up to $1,000.
- Lighting the town Christmas cheer filled downtown Logansport Thursday evening -- with a little help from Santa. The holiday wish-granter spoke to children during the annual Logan's Landing Downtown Christmas Open House from his posh room at The Gray Mill, while a few
- Logansport homeless numbers plateau While a national agency reports the number of people coming through the country's homeless shelters is decreasing, a Logansport shelter's numbers remain steady, but the goals of both continue to remain the same. The U.S. Department of Housing and Urb
- Caston, Delphi to recoup losses via settlement Caston School Corporation and Delphi Community Schools are among the 27 Indiana school districts receiving money lost investing in a failed union health insurance plan. Secretary of State Connie Lawson announced Tuesday that school districts will sp
- CCHS receives grant to digitize records A charitable grant will aid the Cass County Historical Society in digitizing records. The grant, received for the second consecutive year, came from The Lawrence J. and Ruth J. Castaldi Family Fund, a donor-advised fund to underwrite the digitization
- Duncan sentenced to 13 years Christopher Duncan, convicted last month on five counts related to a 2011 shooting incident, was sentenced Thursday to 13 years in the state prison system. Duncan, 48, Logansport, was convicted of attempted battery by means of a deadly weapon, one of
- Witness reports conflict in fatal stabbing of Peru man PERU - Witnesses say an 18-year-old Peru man stabbed and killed a 19-year-old man during a Sunday morning altercation, according to court documents released Wednesday. Brayton L. Kelsor, Peru, died at Dukes Memorial Hospital in Peru early Sunday morn
- No Headline Provided We wish to clarify a story that ran on Page One of Thursday's edition regarding a drug bust by the Logansport Police and Cass County Sheriff departments. Because the arrests were made by two agencies at two different locations, it was unclear on the
Police blotter: Dec. 6, 2013
Have a tip? Anyone with information on a crime is encouraged to call Crime Stoppers at 800-222-TIPS. Information leading to an arrest or conviction could lead to a reward of up to $1,000.
- Logansport man charged with armed robbery After police investigated a call alerting police of an armed robbery, Robert G. Mathew, 26, Logansport, was arrested. Assistant Chief Bryan Hillis with the Logansport Police Department, said LPD Patrol was dispatched to 18th and North streets regard
- More Local News Headlines