9:37 a.m. — Arrest. Shannell Christine, 22, Monticello, was arrested on a warrant of failure to appear. Cass County Sheriff’s Department.
10:47 a.m. — Theft. The owner Zim’s Auto Sales reported theft of gas from vehicles parked on their lot. Logansport Police Department.
2:11 p.m. — Crash. A vehicle driven by Ruth Stepp, 68, Logansport, collided with a vehicle driven by John Strahlem, 66. Logansport. No injuries reported. LPD.
2:37 p.m. — Arrest. Sarah Kaye Vaughan, 29, Indianapolis, was arrested on a charge of conversion. CCSD.
4:09 p.m. — Arrest. Enrique Diego-Francisco, 25, Logansport, was arrested on a warrant of failure to appear. CCSD.
5:05 p.m. — Theft. Security Federal advised she believes a scam is in progress at Security Federal. William Gillbert came into bank to withdrawl money and was to meet these people to buy a truck out of North Carolina. Suspects were not present and other monies stopped. Was an over the phone scam. LPD.
6:00 p.m. — Arrest. Jerue Rosa Clark, 27, Logansport, was arrested on a charge of theft. CCSD
6:05 p.m. — Crash. 1200 block of North Street, Carrie Wotten, 36, Logansport, struck a parked vehicle owned by Annette Lindsley, 46, Logansport. Carrie Wotten issued citation in reference to driving while suspended - infraction. LPD.
8:04 p.m. — Crash. 423 Hanna Street, Theressia Roland, 57, Logansport, reported her vehicle had been stuck in the past 24 hours. Aries report completed. LPD.
3:28 a.m. — Vandalism. 17th Street and Jefferson Avenue, Kyle Berry, 24, Logansport, reported a subject broke the windshield and passenger window with their bare hands. LPD.
4:24 a.m. — Theft.18th and Otto streets, officer observed two suspicious juveniles in the area. It was determined both juveniles were in possession of stolen property. LPD.
6:18 a.m. — Arrest. Paul Russell Hudson, 28, Logansport, was arrested on a charge of domestic battery. Logansport Police Department.
6:44 a.m. — Arrest. Carrie Lynne Shidler, 27, Winamac, was arrested on a charge of domestic battery. LPD.
12:43 p.m. — Theft. Employee at Mobile Gas Station, 2530 East. Market Street, reported a white Dodge Charger drove off from pump number six without paying for $25 of fuel. LPD.
1:58 p.m. — Crash. 1100 block Erie Avenue. Amber Black, 27, Royal Center, reported a silver four door car struck a pop up camper and car owned by Chrystal Fritz, 45, Logansport, along with a truck owned by Raymond Lahmann, 57, Logansport, before fleeing the area.
10:42 p.m. — Arrest. Jeremy Edward Piland, 33, Logansport, was arrested on charges of conspiring to manufacture meth and possession of precursors. LPD.
10:52 p.m. — Arrest. Lewis Melvin Shepard, 46, Logansport, was arrested on two warrants of failure to appear. LPD
2:08 a.m. — Arrest. Matthew Scott Kinzer, 38, Logansport, was arrested on charges of disregarding stop sign, possession of paraphernalia, possession of controlled substance, possession of marijuana, possession of methamphetamine and possession of hypodermic needles. CCSD.
4:55 a.m. — Arrest. Donald Delbert Gilbert, 36, Indianapolis, was arrest on an out of county warrant, and charges of possession of a destructive device, Class C Felony, and undisclosed transportation of a dangerous device, Class A Misdemeanor. CCSD.
7:13 a.m. — Arrest. Hollie Rachel Roberts, 28, Logansport, was arrested on a charge of invasion of privacy. LPD.
10:46 a.m. — Crash. Misty Hardy, Logansport, reported her vehicle was struck while parked in The Home Depot parking lot. LPD.
11:39 a.m. — Theft. 800 block of 19th Street, a resident reported her home entered and a 50 inch television was taken. LPD.
2:09 p.m. — Theft. Resident reported she had two bicycles stolen from her property. LPD.
2:24 p.m. — Theft. Complainant reported a theft of a bicycle. LPD.
2:45 p.m. — Theft. Resident reported her bicycle was stole from the backyard of the residence. LPD.
7:22 p.m. — David Ray Wright, 19, Logansport, was arrested on a warrant with two counts of theft, and a Carroll County warrant of possession of marijuana. LPD.
3:15 a.m. — Arrest. Martell Stefan Beason, 20, Kokomo, was arrested on charges of minor consumption and false informing. LPD.
1:34 p.m. — 210 East Linden, first responder call. Logansport Fire Department.
3:10 p.m. — 221 Center Street, first responder call. LFD.
5:36 p.m. — East Broadway Cass Plaza Drive, first responder call, LFD.
6:50 p.m. — 21 Eel River Avenue, dispatched to assist EMS, man down. LFD.
10:31 p.m. — 929 Jackson Street, first responder call. LFD.
11:56 p.m. — 43 Seybolt Street, first responder call. LFD.
3:24 p.m. — 2315 George Street, first responder call. LFD.
3:40 p.m. — 611 West Market St, McDonalds West, outside vegetation fire. LFD.
5:24 p.m. — 813 Sunset Drive, first responder call. LFD.
- Local News
- Police Blotter: Aug. 1, 2014 Have a tip? Anyone with information on a crime is encouraged to call Crime Stoppers at 800-222-TIPS. Information leading to an arrest or conviction could lead to a reward of up to $1,000.
- Miami County struggles through computer shutdown PERU (AP) — A northern Indiana prosecutor has harshly criticized other officials in his county for not adequately dealing with computer problems that have effectively brought some business to a halt. Prosecutor Bruce Embrey said Miami County governme
- Man vs. fish: Niche sport takes bows, arrows to the water In the fight against Asian carp, local outdoors enthusiasts are increasingly turning to bowfishing — in which you don’t wait for the fish to come to you. You send an arrow straight to them.Bowfishing has become an increasingly popular sport according
- 2nd annual bike ride slated Saturday WINAMAC — Dozens of bike riders will take over the Panhandle Pathway Saturday for the second annual Down and Back bike ride.The 44-mile trail begins in Winamac and extends all the way to near France Park in Kenneth. Kelly Hines, spokesperson for the
- Trial dates moved in Wagoner clinic drug case KOKOMO — Trial dates for seven of the eight people charged in the Wagoner Clinic prescription drug case have been moved to Oct. 3.Several of the suspects, including Marilyn Wagoner, the wife of Donald Wagoner, the former head of the clinics, were set
- Police Blotter: July 31, 2014 Have a tip? Anyone with information on a crime is encouraged to call Crime Stoppers at 800-222-TIPS. Information leading to an arrest or conviction could lead to a reward of up to $1,000.
The right track: Logansport boy advocates railroad crossing safety
It's not uncommon to see 12-year-old Ethan Hopper sitting in a lawn chair near his father's business on 18th Street in Logansport, his cell phone pointed at a locomotive heading down the nearby tracks. The engines make up a fascination modern technol
Cass Co. Community Foundation eligible for grant
The Cass County Community Foundation is eligible to receive half a million dollars from Lilly Endowment Inc. as a matching grant at some point over the course of the next couple of years.Lilly Endowment announced the sixth phase of its Giving Indiana
- Locals: EPA delay request too late Logansport officials say while they appreciate a state executive’s request to delay new rules on coal power plants, its timing still requires pursuing a new power plant for the city.The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency published last month its Cl
- Supreme Court observers predict ‘wide open’ process of picking of next chief INDIANAPOLIS — State Supreme Court Chief Justice Brent Dickson surprised observers in June when he decided to step down after a brief tenure in the leadership post.Another surprise may be in store when his replacement is named.A seven-member panel of
- More Local News Headlines