— Saturday, May 11 the county-wide Historic bike tour will offer four routes again this year. There are 11, 28, 45 and 62 mile routes winding all through the county and crossing over slightly into Miami County. Grissom Air Museum is on the list of historical things to see. The Air Museum will also be a stopping place, referred to as a SAG (supply and gear) stop. The town of Galveston, Deacon, Young America, and the Kokomo Pike are featured. The annual event benefits the Cass County Historical Society and museum. Preregistration is taking place now. Registration the day of the ride begins at 7 a.m. at the Little Turtle Waterway Plaza, with a mass start at 8:30 a.m. Entry fee is $30 per rider and includes a Tee shirt to the first 70 entrants. Also included for the price of entry is a picnic lunch to be served at Little Turtle after the ride. These routes can be seen online at mapmyride.com. For more information please call the museum office at 574-753-3866.
- Local News
- Local Lao-Thai celebration brings 'new year, new life' Five Buddhist monks sat cross-legged on the stage of the Cass County Memorial Home Saturday morning, draped in orange robes, their hair cropped close to their heads. Those in attendance sat and knelt on rugs before them, many wearing sashes over thei
- Hospital CEO calls for growth Logansport Memorial Hospital's president and CEO said the facility will continue with its goals for growth in his State of the Hospital address Friday. Among the hospital's goals for 2013 were to preserve existing net revenues and resources, achieve
- Protective investment: Family donates dog's bulletproof vest A local family recently donated a bulletproof vest to protect the Cass County Sheriff's Department's new canine, Kurby. Dr. Gerhardt Winkel III, his wife Stephanie and their children Elizabeth and Benjamin donated the vest because Kurby is a Belgian
- Two injured in Miami County crash PERU -- Two people were injured Thursday afternoon in a two-vehicle crash at the intersection of U.S. 24 and Ind. 19. According to a preliminary crash investigation by Indiana State Police, Rachael Pegg, 23, Mexico, was driving a 2002 Oldsmobile Intr
- Pastor retiring after 36 years After 36 years at Logansport First Church of the Nazarene, the Rev. Dr. Horace Smith thinks it's time to call it quits. Smith is preaching his last sermon next Sunday as the church's pastor. He and wife Linda Smith plan to remain in Logansport, which
- Police blotter: April 19, 2014 Have a tip? Anyone with information on a crime is encouraged to call Crime Stoppers at 800-222-TIPS. Information leading to an arrest or conviction could lead to a reward of up to $1,000.
UPDATED: Logansport HS teacher arrested on child seduction charge
A Logansport High School teacher was arrested Thursday on a charge of child seduction.
- Police blotter: April 18, 2014 Have a tip? Anyone with information on a crime is encouraged to call Crime Stoppers at 800-222-TIPS. Information leading to an arrest or conviction could lead to a reward of up to $1,000.
- 50 years later WALTON -- Dean "D.A." Zehring graduated from the current Lewis Cass High School, but he never attended classes there. It's one of the unique characteristics of the graduating class of 1968, the first class to complete all four years of high school un
- Caston considers Logan bus stop FULTON -- Caston Schools administrators are considering establishing a bus stop a few miles outside its boundaries on the north side of Logansport. The school board recently discussed the feasibility of adding a bus stop for students transferring fro
- More Local News Headlines