A gas leak forced the brief evacuation of several businesses on Logansport's east side Wednesday morning.
Logansport Assistant Fire Chief Bernie Mittica said a construction crew digging near the Eastgate Plaza strip mall accidentally cut a gas line Wednesday morning.
Mittica said the stores in the plaza were evacuated for a brief period and workers with the Northern Indiana Public Service Company, or NIPSCO, were able to quickly resolve the problem with the gas line.
Logansport Building Commissioner Bill Drinkwine said the crew that struck the gas line were repairing a sanitation sewer line in the alley behind the strip mall.
Mitchell Kirk is a staff reporter at the Pharos-Tribune. He can be reached at 574-732-5130 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him: @PharosMAK