Students from Logansport schools participating in Greg Dominick's summer enrichment class at Columbia Elementary School recently built paper roller coasters. Here's a look at the students' projects.
Students build paper roller coasters
- Local News
- Socking frostbite: Photograph sparks donation drive Karen Menzie started a local sock drive after a photograph left a lasting impression. Years ago, she bought a copy of Time magazine to see how the White House was decorating for Christmas. While she was flipping through the pages, she turned a page t
- Company to invest $11 million in White Co. MONTICELLO -- Adkev Inc., a Goodland-based injection and insert molding manufacturer, plans to expand its operations in Monticello and add up to 60 new jobs by 2016. The Hoosier company will invest $11 million to expand, renovate and equip its existi
- Report: ADA compliance means $8 million in updates Complying with federal accessibility regulations will cost the City of Logansport more than $8 million, according to a recently issued report. A consulting firm hired this summer by the city researched the cost of aligning with federal regulations an
- Mobile radar placed on Third Street Drivers traveling south on Third Street will see a new radar in front of Columbia schools. The radar was placed near Columbia Middle School and Columbia Elementary School Friday morning. It is one of two radars the Logansport Police Department will s
- Pence unveils legislative agenda INDIANAPOLIS -- Gov. Mike Pence is calling on the General Assembly to increase spending on education, roads and job development while ending a $1 billion-a-year tax on business that funds local governments, schools and libraries. At a conference Thur
- Pharos-Tribune staff take home HSPA awards INDIANAPOLIS -- Pharos-Tribune staff members took home six awards from the Hoosier State Press Association Foundation Better Newspaper Contest Saturday. Misty Knisely, managing editor, received first place for Best General Commentary and third place
- Police blotter: Dec. 8, 2013 Have a tip? Anyone with information on a crime is encouraged to call Crime Stoppers at 800-222-TIPS. Information leading to an arrest or conviction could lead to a reward of up to $1,000.
- Police blotter: Dec. 7, 2013 Have a tip? Anyone with information on a crime is encouraged to call Crime Stoppers at 800-222-TIPS. Information leading to an arrest or conviction could lead to a reward of up to $1,000.
- Lighting the town Christmas cheer filled downtown Logansport Thursday evening -- with a little help from Santa. The holiday wish-granter spoke to children during the annual Logan's Landing Downtown Christmas Open House from his posh room at The Gray Mill, while a few
- Logansport homeless numbers plateau While a national agency reports the number of people coming through the country's homeless shelters is decreasing, a Logansport shelter's numbers remain steady, but the goals of both continue to remain the same. The U.S. Department of Housing and Urb
- More Local News Headlines