It takes a village to raise a child.
We recently had the privilege to be involved with a wonderful organization, The Indiana Chapter for Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. The 2012 Guys and Dolls Auction Gala committee raised $183,000 in six months. We are very proud to say that our local community businesses stepped up to the plate and helped us reach and surpass our personal goals. For that, we say “thank you!”
First of all, we appreciate the Pharos-Tribune for featuring this story on the front page. It is very important for our community to see young adults from our area representing our community well. The People’s Winery was a fabulous place to meet up with friends and supporters. Brad and Stacy Angle were most gracious and wonderful to work with. We couldn’t have done it without you, your hospitality and the staff. There are no words except “thank you” from the bottom of our hearts to our friends who have supported us along the way.
Other generous local supporters were The Home Depot, Arnold’s Jewelry and Gifts, Voorhees Studio, China Lane, State Theater, Dhing’s, El Arriero, Rozzi’s Greenhouse, Amelio’s, Kelly Wolfe, Maxx Tan, Criss Cross Hair and Design, McDonald’s, Mr. Happy Burger, Janni’s Hulless Carmel Corn, West Side Diner, Silver Lake, Applebee’s, Bullshippers, Firestone Grill, Soft Touch Car Wash, Cass County Family Y, Young’s Culligan, Anytime Fitness, Judy’s Goodlife Emporium, Marathon Gas, Logansport Fire Department, Shari Deardorff, West Side Cut and Curl, Pizza Hut, China’s Best Buffet, Kuns Kountry Kitchen, Star Nails, Myers Sport Bowl, Jerry’s Pizza, Therapeutic Elements, Walmart, The Country Bakery, Warner’s Greenhouse, D&R Fruit and Meat Market and Main Street Market.
Thank you for having the faith that your donations went to a good cause. We have fabulous local shopping here in Logansport!
In closing, why would a small town girl, living in the big city getting her education, want to go home? Because she loves the village that raised her.
Morgan Mills, Indianapolis
It takes a village to raise a child.
- PUBLIC FORUM: Carousel thanks the community for support Carousel thanks the community for support Winter-fest at the Cass County Carousel is the time of the year that our nonprofit organization opens our facility free to the public. It is a day filled with free carousel rides and refreshments offered by t
- PUBLIC FORUM: Sunday, Dec. 8, 2013 Why did agency lose its United Way funding? I moved here 12 years ago. I have been involved with United Way and Mental Health America all that time. I want to know since you are an open agency, what did Mental Health America do? I am down there ever
- PUBLIC FORUM: Infant mortality a cause for concern Infant mortality a cause for concern Too many Hoosier babies are being mourned at funerals instead of being celebrated on their first birthdays, prompting a new statewide initiative to eliminate infant mortality. Indiana's infant mortality rate - the
- PUBLIC FORUM: Overwhelmed by giving nature of the community Overwhelmed by giving nature of community Thanksgiving is over but we are still in awe of the success of the annual Thanksgiving Dinner sponsored by our church, River of Life Christian Church. This year was the 45th time our congregation has come to
- PUBLIC FORUM: Time to make the right choice on health care; thanks for honoring veterans Time to make the right choice The issues slowing the rollout of the health care law are inexcusable. The upheaval over locked out websites and dropped coverage, compounded by the hundreds of Hoosiers who gathered to demand Medicaid expansion at the S
- PUBLIC FORUM: Closing doors in an open society Closing doors in an open society Topping the list of legislative priorities for the 2014 Indiana General Assembly is a constitutional ban of gay marriage. Such a law already exists, but it seems imperative we carve it into the stone tablets of our co
- PUBLIC FORUM: Sunday, Nov. 24, 2013 Class would not be possible without help On behalf of the International Association of Arson Investigators (IAAI) state chapter, we would like to publicly thank Deputy Prosecutor Lisa Swaim, Attorney Randy Head and Cass County Sheriff Randy Pryor for
- PUBLIC FORUM: Where were you when JFK was shot? We asked readers where they were when Kennedy was shot. Their answers appear here: November 22, 1963 will always be a memorable day for me. I had just turned 19 and was working at a sewing factory in Rochester, Indiana. I didn't feel like going to b
- PUBLIC FORUM: Making a final plea to save Eagles club Making a final plea to save Eagles club We have been told by our Grand Aerie agent that we have until the first week in January to improve on our business, or we will will be closed. If you are interested in seeing the Logansport Eagles continue to b
- PUBLIC FORUM: Thanks to heroes and home show Community lit up by holiday event Delta Theta Chi would like to thank the community for all the support they gave us on out 13th annual Homes for the Holiday Tour. Our yearly holiday home tour proceeds go to publishing and passing out to all the thir
- More Letters Headlines