It takes a village to raise a child.
We recently had the privilege to be involved with a wonderful organization, The Indiana Chapter for Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. The 2012 Guys and Dolls Auction Gala committee raised $183,000 in six months. We are very proud to say that our local community businesses stepped up to the plate and helped us reach and surpass our personal goals. For that, we say “thank you!”
First of all, we appreciate the Pharos-Tribune for featuring this story on the front page. It is very important for our community to see young adults from our area representing our community well. The People’s Winery was a fabulous place to meet up with friends and supporters. Brad and Stacy Angle were most gracious and wonderful to work with. We couldn’t have done it without you, your hospitality and the staff. There are no words except “thank you” from the bottom of our hearts to our friends who have supported us along the way.
Other generous local supporters were The Home Depot, Arnold’s Jewelry and Gifts, Voorhees Studio, China Lane, State Theater, Dhing’s, El Arriero, Rozzi’s Greenhouse, Amelio’s, Kelly Wolfe, Maxx Tan, Criss Cross Hair and Design, McDonald’s, Mr. Happy Burger, Janni’s Hulless Carmel Corn, West Side Diner, Silver Lake, Applebee’s, Bullshippers, Firestone Grill, Soft Touch Car Wash, Cass County Family Y, Young’s Culligan, Anytime Fitness, Judy’s Goodlife Emporium, Marathon Gas, Logansport Fire Department, Shari Deardorff, West Side Cut and Curl, Pizza Hut, China’s Best Buffet, Kuns Kountry Kitchen, Star Nails, Myers Sport Bowl, Jerry’s Pizza, Therapeutic Elements, Walmart, The Country Bakery, Warner’s Greenhouse, D&R Fruit and Meat Market and Main Street Market.
Thank you for having the faith that your donations went to a good cause. We have fabulous local shopping here in Logansport!
In closing, why would a small town girl, living in the big city getting her education, want to go home? Because she loves the village that raised her.
Morgan Mills, Indianapolis
It takes a village to raise a child.
- PUBLIC FORUM: The people are losing control of its government The people are losing control of government President Obama and progressive Democrats and Republicans are changing the landscape of our country by bypassing our Constitution and what our forefathers fought and gave their lives for. Their philosophy c
- PUBLIC FORUM: Letters for Tuesday, April 15, 2014 Thankful to community for its care, prayers Thank you to Kyle Rans, Harrison-Metzger-Rans, Guardian Angels Hospice, Royal Center first responders and ambulance drivers for the gentle care and comforting words extended to our family. Thank you to the
- PUBLIC FORUM: Letters for Sunday, April 13, 2014 Housing repair grant is not welfare While it is a consistent Republican trait to criticize welfare, and I can recognize his desire to score cheap political points at the sake of our community's less fortunate; it is an unavoidable truth that Bob Bish
- PUBLIC FORUM: Letters for Sunday, April 6, 2014 Helping those who help those with mental illness Tom Sheetz wrote a letter earlier in the year discussing mental health and how the help is distributed. We have a very nice building for mental health clients to spend time. They do laundry, they cook,
- PUBLIC FORUM: Letters for Sunday, March 30, 2014 Where the blame really should go Why is gas so high? Why are groceries so expensive? Why are taxes higher and tax returns lower? Why does your paycheck not stretch as far as it used to? Much of our problems are caused by laws. Laws are made by Legisl
- PUBLIC FORUM: Psi Otes thanks Pulaski residents Psi Otes thank Pulaski residents A big thank you to our community members for their flexibility for this year's "Haps Chicken Bash." Iota Xi, Winamac's chapter of Psi Iota Xi wishes to express our sincere thanks to everyone who rescheduled their appe
- PUBLIC FORUM: Bowling for Kids Sake a big success Bowling for Kids Sake proves to be big success Another successful event for Big Brothers Big Sisters Annual Bowl for Kids' Sake! There were 118 teams this year and we are thankful for each and every one of you! Each year this event raises money to en
- State’s local leaders fear business tax cut signals more to come INDIANAPOLIS - Local officials who opposed Republican Gov. Mike Pence's proposal to get rid of a tax on business are gearing up for another round in the fight. They're fearful that a partial measure to reduce the tax - passed by the Legislature in t
- PUBLIC FORUM: Sunday, March 23, 2014 Utility board should request cost proposals I read with interest the open letter from Jim Brugh, local attorney, to the Utilities Service Board (USB) explaining that a local ordinance gives that board responsibility for running the utility. The board
- PUBLIC FORUM: Recycling program could use some help Recycling program could use some help Something needs to be done about Logansport's curbside recycle program. You can always see a empty milk carton, two liter bottle, right along with papers of all sorts on the city's streets. The empty bag flags t
- More Letters Headlines