It takes a village to raise a child.
We recently had the privilege to be involved with a wonderful organization, The Indiana Chapter for Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. The 2012 Guys and Dolls Auction Gala committee raised $183,000 in six months. We are very proud to say that our local community businesses stepped up to the plate and helped us reach and surpass our personal goals. For that, we say “thank you!”
First of all, we appreciate the Pharos-Tribune for featuring this story on the front page. It is very important for our community to see young adults from our area representing our community well. The People’s Winery was a fabulous place to meet up with friends and supporters. Brad and Stacy Angle were most gracious and wonderful to work with. We couldn’t have done it without you, your hospitality and the staff. There are no words except “thank you” from the bottom of our hearts to our friends who have supported us along the way.
Other generous local supporters were The Home Depot, Arnold’s Jewelry and Gifts, Voorhees Studio, China Lane, State Theater, Dhing’s, El Arriero, Rozzi’s Greenhouse, Amelio’s, Kelly Wolfe, Maxx Tan, Criss Cross Hair and Design, McDonald’s, Mr. Happy Burger, Janni’s Hulless Carmel Corn, West Side Diner, Silver Lake, Applebee’s, Bullshippers, Firestone Grill, Soft Touch Car Wash, Cass County Family Y, Young’s Culligan, Anytime Fitness, Judy’s Goodlife Emporium, Marathon Gas, Logansport Fire Department, Shari Deardorff, West Side Cut and Curl, Pizza Hut, China’s Best Buffet, Kuns Kountry Kitchen, Star Nails, Myers Sport Bowl, Jerry’s Pizza, Therapeutic Elements, Walmart, The Country Bakery, Warner’s Greenhouse, D&R Fruit and Meat Market and Main Street Market.
Thank you for having the faith that your donations went to a good cause. We have fabulous local shopping here in Logansport!
In closing, why would a small town girl, living in the big city getting her education, want to go home? Because she loves the village that raised her.
Morgan Mills, Indianapolis
It takes a village to raise a child.
- PUBLIC FORUM: Sunday, March 9, 2014 A helping hand in an hour of need Between 1985 and 1987, I was hospitalized several times for short-term help for severe depression. I had developed both epileptic and stress seizures, causing me to lose my job. And with other issues, I needed help.
- PUBLIC FORUM: Letters from Thursday, March 6, 2014 Annual dinner a big success thanks to many I wanted to thank everyone for turning out last Saturday for the annual Cass County Democratic Party Jefferson-Jackson Dinner. It was a sell-out again this year with an estimated 200 people in attendance. I
- PUBLIC FORUM: Are we getting what we're paying for in D.C.? Are we getting what we're paying for in D.C.? Being retired, I find myself watching the news channels more and being absorbed into the idea that I have to know everything that is going on in the world. It really strikes me on how messed up the world
- PUBLIC FORUM: Was the trash tax cut or just moved around? Was the trash tax cut or just moved around? If was with self-congratulations that the Logansport City Council voted to eliminate the "trash tax" last fall; one of Mayor Franklin's campaign pledges had been to do so. What wasn't addressed at the time
- PUBLIC FORUM: Letters from Sunday, March 2, 2014 Getting paid for work not done is not right Referencing the Feb. 24 headline article, I am totally dumbfounded at the idea of anyone any time any place being paid for not working due to bad weather. The next suggestion by school board members will pr
- PUBLIC FORUM: Realizing how good we Americans have it Realizing how good we Americans have it During the holidays, I took a quiet moment to peruse the numerous greeting cards we received. They were all decorated with scenes of beauty and tranquility, composed with words of hope and peace. We gathered w
- PUBLIC FORUM: Letters for Sunday, Feb. 16, 2014 Brave enough to take on the marriage issue I say, "Praise the Lord." We finally have a politician who was willing to stand up for his Christian beliefs. Kudos to State Rep. Woody Burton and also the article that Larry Frye of Logansport wrote a few w
- PUBLIC FORUM: Time to move forward Indiana Time to move forward Indiana The Indiana General Assembly has arrived at the halfway point for the 2014 legislative session. Let's take a look at the highlights. HJR-3, the No. 1 priority for Gov. Mike Pence and Speaker Brian Bosma, continues steamro
- PUBLIC FORUM: Bill leaves unsafe levels of fluoride on food Bill leaves unsafe levels of fluoride on food The federal Farm Bill recently signed into law by President Obama contains a provision that overrides a ruling by the EPA to phase-out the toxic fumigant sulfuryl fluoride because it leaves unsafe levels
- PUBLIC FORUM: Manufacturing group opposed to new bill Manufacturing group opposed to new bill For the first time in Indiana, taxes on C corporations may be coming to a county near you. Senate Bill 176, which passed the Indiana Senate on Feb. 4, is a proposal to fund mass transit in six central Indiana
- More Letters Headlines