Recently, Logansport Elks Lodge 66 held its annual “feather party.”
On behalf of myself and this great organization, I would like to thank our local merchants: Electric Beach, Fire Stone Grill, Arnold’s Jewelry and Gifts, Home Depot, The Nest, Logan Tire, Fernbaugh’s Jewelry, Pond View Golf Course, Indian Trails Winery, Advance Auto, Jerry’s Pizza, Soft Touch Car Wash, Partridge Home Furnishings, D&J Liquors, Baker Specialty & Supply, NAPA Auto Parts, All Phase Electric, House of Beauty, Dale Hardy Supplies, Engineering Aggregates, Deichman Excavating, Central Paving, Kirby Risk, West Side Diner, Martin’s Super Market, Cato, Hair Salon 303, Mike Anderson GM Super Center, Mike Anderson Chrysler Dodge Jeep, Ultimate Fitness, Taco Bell, Old Style Inn, U-Know Pizza, Mid-America Radio Group, Shoe Sensation, Pizza Hut, Logansport Lumber, Regis Hair Salon, D&B Variety, Rural King, Mr. Happy Burger, Cass County Ford, The Gallery, Burger King, Designer Joe’s, Culligan Water Treatment, Maxx Tan, KFC/Long John Silver’s, Family Video, Domino’s Pizza, The Village Peddler, Amelio’s, Arone Hardware, Pear Tree Gallery, Closson Lumber, Auto Zone, Logansport Golf Club, Mike’s Auto, Kun’s Kountry Kitchen, The Old Mill, Dutch Mill, Applebee’s, Corner Cupboard, The Neighborhood Tavern, Bonnell’s Gas and Grocery, Myers Sport Bowl, Jet Transport, McGovern’s Bar & Eatery, Main Street Markets, Dye Lumber Company, China Lane, The People’s Winery, Dykeman Golf Course, Harris Glass Company, Cass County Family Y, Oasis Spirits, Bodyworks and the Candle Lady.
To the individual donors: Jill Nolte, Keith Knight, Erin Black, Dorothy Woodling, Jim and Kim Wolf, Amy Cunningham, Steven Pearson, Linda Pearson, Jim Vance, Gary Yeakley, George Roland, Delores Rennawanz, Tim Kesler, Jim Dunn, Francis Luey, Keith Woodruff, Pat Yeakley, Carlin Yeakley, Mike Schoreder, Mary Ann Netser, Cathy Depoy, Darcy Piery and Patty Shaffer.
To the staff: Rick Hopper and Mandy for auctioneering; Larry and Mary Lou Zeck for keeping auction records; Ron Lucky, John ruff, Rick Hopper, Jeff Frank and Brad Netser for the meal preparation; Patty Shaffer, Mary Ann Netser, Amy Roland, Amy Cunningham, Heidi Hendricks-Knight and Jodie Frank for working in the dining room; and Mike Schroder, Dennis Strasser, Aaron Green, Keith Knight and Steven Pearson for cleaning up.
I would also like to thank the Logansport Elkettes for their wonderful desserts and anyone else who may have donated their time and money to make this such a success. Because of your efforts and your money, we raised $6,000 for the Indiana Elks Cancer Research Project.
Ken Shaffer, Feather party chairman, Elks Lodge 66
- PUBLIC FORUM: Are businesses missing out on interns? Are businesses missingout on interns?Admittedly we’re a little biased, but the Indiana INTERNnet and Indiana Chamber teams believe your company is not operating at full capacity if you aren’t hosting an internship program. Missing out on increased pr
- PUBLIC FORUM: Letters for Sunday, July 27, 2014 Residents want to see development pactI’ve been attending the Utility Service Board monthly meetings for the past several months to better understand the ongoing plans for first Pyrolyzer and now a purchase agreement with Total Concept Solutions.Thre
- PUBLIC FORUM: Addressing the morality of an issueAs superintendent for the Logansport Community School Corp., I feel it appropriate to respond to the July 17 article in the Pharos-Tribune regarding the dismissal of child seduction charges against former Logansport
- PUBLIC FORUM: Letters for Sunday, July 13, 2014 Learn about ‘fair share’in property taxesWhen the Legislature’s Blue Ribbon Commission begins its look at the state’s taxes this summer, invariably there will be talk of business needing to pay its “fair share.” That’s certainly true, but what is fai
- PUBLIC FORUM: A church response to same-sex marriage A church responseto same-sex marriageThe dignity of the human person, rooted in his or her creation in the image and likeness of God, is a fundamental principle of Catholic social teaching. The Church upholds the dignity of every human person, includ
- PUBLIC FORUM: Letters for Sunday, July 6, 2014 Man is a husbandas well as a heroI met my husband, Ron Smith, through mutual friends in March 1995. We married in August of the same year and have been inseparable since. Together we have three sons, Jimmy 24, Brock, 13, and Tayt, 7. I am so proud of
- PUBLIC FORUM: Democracy is not an easy process Democracy is notan easy processGenerally speaking, I think Americans love themselves far more than they love their country. I see the stars and stripes displayed more often than I used to, but that’s only because the rules have changed. It was too mu
- PUBLIC FORUM: Thanks for helping with open house Thanks for helpingwith open houseWe would like to thank the Logansport community and surrounding communities for attending our Logansport Airport Open House. The day started out looking like a complete wipe-out and in the end, it was the most success
- PUBLIC FORUM: Option of transfer not open to county Option of transfernot open to countyMemorial Home was built during the Civil War by a New York banker. He had the home constructed as a copy of one on the Hudson River, called “the Castle.” The home was built to please his wife who was reluctant to c
- PUBLIC FORUM: Letters from Sunday, June 22, 2014 City officials needto put it out on the tableThe city council issued a Request For Proposals to generate electricity with trash as fuel: it awarded the contract to Pyrolyzer LLC. Pyrolyzer executive Canterbury recently told the Utility Services Board
- More Letters Headlines