Recently, Logansport Elks Lodge 66 held its annual “feather party.”
On behalf of myself and this great organization, I would like to thank our local merchants: Electric Beach, Fire Stone Grill, Arnold’s Jewelry and Gifts, Home Depot, The Nest, Logan Tire, Fernbaugh’s Jewelry, Pond View Golf Course, Indian Trails Winery, Advance Auto, Jerry’s Pizza, Soft Touch Car Wash, Partridge Home Furnishings, D&J Liquors, Baker Specialty & Supply, NAPA Auto Parts, All Phase Electric, House of Beauty, Dale Hardy Supplies, Engineering Aggregates, Deichman Excavating, Central Paving, Kirby Risk, West Side Diner, Martin’s Super Market, Cato, Hair Salon 303, Mike Anderson GM Super Center, Mike Anderson Chrysler Dodge Jeep, Ultimate Fitness, Taco Bell, Old Style Inn, U-Know Pizza, Mid-America Radio Group, Shoe Sensation, Pizza Hut, Logansport Lumber, Regis Hair Salon, D&B Variety, Rural King, Mr. Happy Burger, Cass County Ford, The Gallery, Burger King, Designer Joe’s, Culligan Water Treatment, Maxx Tan, KFC/Long John Silver’s, Family Video, Domino’s Pizza, The Village Peddler, Amelio’s, Arone Hardware, Pear Tree Gallery, Closson Lumber, Auto Zone, Logansport Golf Club, Mike’s Auto, Kun’s Kountry Kitchen, The Old Mill, Dutch Mill, Applebee’s, Corner Cupboard, The Neighborhood Tavern, Bonnell’s Gas and Grocery, Myers Sport Bowl, Jet Transport, McGovern’s Bar & Eatery, Main Street Markets, Dye Lumber Company, China Lane, The People’s Winery, Dykeman Golf Course, Harris Glass Company, Cass County Family Y, Oasis Spirits, Bodyworks and the Candle Lady.
To the individual donors: Jill Nolte, Keith Knight, Erin Black, Dorothy Woodling, Jim and Kim Wolf, Amy Cunningham, Steven Pearson, Linda Pearson, Jim Vance, Gary Yeakley, George Roland, Delores Rennawanz, Tim Kesler, Jim Dunn, Francis Luey, Keith Woodruff, Pat Yeakley, Carlin Yeakley, Mike Schoreder, Mary Ann Netser, Cathy Depoy, Darcy Piery and Patty Shaffer.
To the staff: Rick Hopper and Mandy for auctioneering; Larry and Mary Lou Zeck for keeping auction records; Ron Lucky, John ruff, Rick Hopper, Jeff Frank and Brad Netser for the meal preparation; Patty Shaffer, Mary Ann Netser, Amy Roland, Amy Cunningham, Heidi Hendricks-Knight and Jodie Frank for working in the dining room; and Mike Schroder, Dennis Strasser, Aaron Green, Keith Knight and Steven Pearson for cleaning up.
I would also like to thank the Logansport Elkettes for their wonderful desserts and anyone else who may have donated their time and money to make this such a success. Because of your efforts and your money, we raised $6,000 for the Indiana Elks Cancer Research Project.
Ken Shaffer, Feather party chairman, Elks Lodge 66
- PUBLIC FORUM: Reining in unlimited farm subsidies Reining in unlimitedfarm subsidiesIn January, President Obama declared that despite Congressional logjams, “America does not stand still — and neither will I. So wherever and whenever I can take steps without legislation to expand opportunity for Ame
- PUBLIC FORUM: Letters for Sunday, Aug. 17, 2014 Festival the work of many volunteersThe Fulton-Liberty Lions Club currently has 20 members, certainly not enough to run our Fulton Fun Days Festival. If not for the many volunteers, the festival would not take place. We can’t begin to express the app
- PUBLIC FORUM: Working through four generations of family business Working through four generations of family businessWhen John W. Fisher took the chance to employ me all those years ago, neither of us ever imagined that 40 years later I would still be here. The Fisher family has been part of my extended family all
- PUBLIC FORUM: Hot dog eating contest proves to be a good time Hot dog eating contest proves to be good timeWe crowned our first Cass County Hot Dog Eating champion at the Taste of Cass County on Saturday night. Mitch Burns from Twelve Mile woofed down 11 dogs with buns in 4 minutes to set the record to beat nex
- PUBLIC FORUM: Finding the answers to a grave Finding the answersto a grave mysteryVic Werner did a nice job of researching the history behind the “Indian grave” at Dykeman Park. He devoted a lot of thought, time and detective work trying to get to the bottom of what had been a story passed alon
- PUBLIC FORUM: Sunday, Aug. 3, 2014 Good neighbors stillexist in LogansportWe agree good neighbors do still exist. Due to health problems, my husband is unable to get around without help.Our neighbors Pedro Moran and his sons Tomas and Jordan mow our yard every week. In the fall, they
- PUBLIC FORUM: Are businesses missing out on interns? Are businesses missingout on interns?Admittedly we’re a little biased, but the Indiana INTERNnet and Indiana Chamber teams believe your company is not operating at full capacity if you aren’t hosting an internship program. Missing out on increased pr
- PUBLIC FORUM: Letters for Sunday, July 27, 2014 Residents want to see development pactI’ve been attending the Utility Service Board monthly meetings for the past several months to better understand the ongoing plans for first Pyrolyzer and now a purchase agreement with Total Concept Solutions.Thre
- PUBLIC FORUM: Addressing the morality of an issueAs superintendent for the Logansport Community School Corp., I feel it appropriate to respond to the July 17 article in the Pharos-Tribune regarding the dismissal of child seduction charges against former Logansport
- PUBLIC FORUM: Letters for Sunday, July 13, 2014 Learn about ‘fair share’in property taxesWhen the Legislature’s Blue Ribbon Commission begins its look at the state’s taxes this summer, invariably there will be talk of business needing to pay its “fair share.” That’s certainly true, but what is fai
- More Letters Headlines