Recently, Logansport Elks Lodge 66 held its annual “feather party.”
On behalf of myself and this great organization, I would like to thank our local merchants: Electric Beach, Fire Stone Grill, Arnold’s Jewelry and Gifts, Home Depot, The Nest, Logan Tire, Fernbaugh’s Jewelry, Pond View Golf Course, Indian Trails Winery, Advance Auto, Jerry’s Pizza, Soft Touch Car Wash, Partridge Home Furnishings, D&J Liquors, Baker Specialty & Supply, NAPA Auto Parts, All Phase Electric, House of Beauty, Dale Hardy Supplies, Engineering Aggregates, Deichman Excavating, Central Paving, Kirby Risk, West Side Diner, Martin’s Super Market, Cato, Hair Salon 303, Mike Anderson GM Super Center, Mike Anderson Chrysler Dodge Jeep, Ultimate Fitness, Taco Bell, Old Style Inn, U-Know Pizza, Mid-America Radio Group, Shoe Sensation, Pizza Hut, Logansport Lumber, Regis Hair Salon, D&B Variety, Rural King, Mr. Happy Burger, Cass County Ford, The Gallery, Burger King, Designer Joe’s, Culligan Water Treatment, Maxx Tan, KFC/Long John Silver’s, Family Video, Domino’s Pizza, The Village Peddler, Amelio’s, Arone Hardware, Pear Tree Gallery, Closson Lumber, Auto Zone, Logansport Golf Club, Mike’s Auto, Kun’s Kountry Kitchen, The Old Mill, Dutch Mill, Applebee’s, Corner Cupboard, The Neighborhood Tavern, Bonnell’s Gas and Grocery, Myers Sport Bowl, Jet Transport, McGovern’s Bar & Eatery, Main Street Markets, Dye Lumber Company, China Lane, The People’s Winery, Dykeman Golf Course, Harris Glass Company, Cass County Family Y, Oasis Spirits, Bodyworks and the Candle Lady.
To the individual donors: Jill Nolte, Keith Knight, Erin Black, Dorothy Woodling, Jim and Kim Wolf, Amy Cunningham, Steven Pearson, Linda Pearson, Jim Vance, Gary Yeakley, George Roland, Delores Rennawanz, Tim Kesler, Jim Dunn, Francis Luey, Keith Woodruff, Pat Yeakley, Carlin Yeakley, Mike Schoreder, Mary Ann Netser, Cathy Depoy, Darcy Piery and Patty Shaffer.
To the staff: Rick Hopper and Mandy for auctioneering; Larry and Mary Lou Zeck for keeping auction records; Ron Lucky, John ruff, Rick Hopper, Jeff Frank and Brad Netser for the meal preparation; Patty Shaffer, Mary Ann Netser, Amy Roland, Amy Cunningham, Heidi Hendricks-Knight and Jodie Frank for working in the dining room; and Mike Schroder, Dennis Strasser, Aaron Green, Keith Knight and Steven Pearson for cleaning up.
I would also like to thank the Logansport Elkettes for their wonderful desserts and anyone else who may have donated their time and money to make this such a success. Because of your efforts and your money, we raised $6,000 for the Indiana Elks Cancer Research Project.
Ken Shaffer, Feather party chairman, Elks Lodge 66
- PUBLIC FORUM: Infant mortality a cause for concern Infant mortality a cause for concern Too many Hoosier babies are being mourned at funerals instead of being celebrated on their first birthdays, prompting a new statewide initiative to eliminate infant mortality. Indiana's infant mortality rate - the
- PUBLIC FORUM: Overwhelmed by giving nature of the community Overwhelmed by giving nature of community Thanksgiving is over but we are still in awe of the success of the annual Thanksgiving Dinner sponsored by our church, River of Life Christian Church. This year was the 45th time our congregation has come to
- PUBLIC FORUM: Time to make the right choice on health care; thanks for honoring veterans Time to make the right choice The issues slowing the rollout of the health care law are inexcusable. The upheaval over locked out websites and dropped coverage, compounded by the hundreds of Hoosiers who gathered to demand Medicaid expansion at the S
- PUBLIC FORUM: Closing doors in an open society Closing doors in an open society Topping the list of legislative priorities for the 2014 Indiana General Assembly is a constitutional ban of gay marriage. Such a law already exists, but it seems imperative we carve it into the stone tablets of our co
- PUBLIC FORUM: Sunday, Nov. 24, 2013 Class would not be possible without help On behalf of the International Association of Arson Investigators (IAAI) state chapter, we would like to publicly thank Deputy Prosecutor Lisa Swaim, Attorney Randy Head and Cass County Sheriff Randy Pryor for
- PUBLIC FORUM: Where were you when JFK was shot? We asked readers where they were when Kennedy was shot. Their answers appear here: November 22, 1963 will always be a memorable day for me. I had just turned 19 and was working at a sewing factory in Rochester, Indiana. I didn't feel like going to b
- PUBLIC FORUM: Making a final plea to save Eagles club Making a final plea to save Eagles club We have been told by our Grand Aerie agent that we have until the first week in January to improve on our business, or we will will be closed. If you are interested in seeing the Logansport Eagles continue to b
- PUBLIC FORUM: Thanks to heroes and home show Community lit up by holiday event Delta Theta Chi would like to thank the community for all the support they gave us on out 13th annual Homes for the Holiday Tour. Our yearly holiday home tour proceeds go to publishing and passing out to all the thir
- PUBLIC FORUM: Sorority thanks community for fundraiser Delta Theta Chi would like to thank the community for all the support they gave us on out 13th annual Homes for the Holiday Tour. Our yearly holiday home tour proceeds go to publishing and passing out to all the third-graders of Cass County a Cass Co
- PUBLIC FORUM: Soda shortage rattles small town The small town of Twelve Mile, Ind., already fighting to keep its name on the map, was delivered a crushing blow this past weekend when the local pop machine was depleted of its Mountain Dew supply. Without a doubt the sole source of cold liquid refr
- More Letters Headlines