- [friday]: Hello mudder, hello fodder There's mud. And then there's mud. I went to visit a friend of mine working at Camp Tecumseh last weekend. She asked me if I wanted to go on a mud hike. I thought, why not? Famous last words. It was my first visit to Camp Tecumseh, over in southern W
Movie preview: “Edge Of Tomorrow”
Plot: When the Earth falls under attack from an invincible alien horde, no military unit in the world can stop them. Maj. William Cage, an officer who has never seen combat, is assigned to a suicide mission battling the aliens.
Movie preview: “The Fault In Our Stars”
Plot: Based on the bestselling novel by author John Green and set in Indiana, this romantic drama tells the story of teens Hazel and Gus, who fall in love after meeting in a cancer support group, and experience a whirlwind romance that teaches them both what it means to feel truly alive.
- [friday]: Building a love for reading Science is fun. Just ask My Little Friend. She and I spent an evening this week playing a version of Jenga while the hamburger cooked for our dinner of homemade burritos. (Well, as homemade as it gets with me - I still opened a can of refried beans.)
Movie preview: “Maleficent”
Plot: Exploring the untold story of Disney’s villain from the classic “Sleeping Beauty,” Maleficent is a beautiful young woman of pure heart, who has an idyllic life in a forest kingdom.
Movie preview: “A Million Ways to Die in the West”
Plot: After a cowardly Wild West sheep farmer backs out of a gunfight, his fickle girlfriend leaves him for another man. When a mysterious and beautiful woman rides into town, she helps him find his courage and they begin to fall in love.
- [friday]: Taking out the tiny tent Taking out the tiny tent I'll tell you a secret. But you have to promise not to make fun of me. I still use the child-sized tent I got in sixth grade. I am living proof that a full-grown adult can fold herself up to fit into a bright blue dome tent d
Movie preview: “X-Men: Days Of Future Past”
Plot: The beloved characters from the original X-Men film trilogy join forces with their younger selves from ‘X-Men: First Class,’ in an epic battle that must change the past to save our future.
Movie preview: “Blended”
Plot: After a disastrous blind date, single parents Lauren and Jim each sign up separately for a fabulous family vacation with their kids sharing a suite at a luxurious African safari resort for a week.
- [friday]: How to dodge, for grownups The great thing about being grown up is that you can play dodgeball and nobody's going to stop you by saying it's unsafe. Nobody has to acknowledge that the more grown up someone is, the more unsafe dodgeball gets. There are ways of getting around th
- More Entertainment Headlines