Movie preview: “Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit”
Plot: To his friends and loved ones, young Jack Ryan appears to be an ordinary executive. He has, however, secretly worked for the CIA for years.
- [friday] column: Not my cup of tea Not my cup of tea A friend of mine was sipping tea in his room, nursing a cold. I was exchanging messages with him over Facebook. And he started telling me how great tea was. I'm no tea snob. One of my coworkers had to tell me the right word for that
- [friday]: It's time for a new git-fiddle Few people wake up on their day off and say, "Hey! I think I'll buy a guitar today." Or maybe they do. I don't know. I don't usually go stalking random people on their days off only to ask them just as they wake, "Hey dude, what do you really want to
- [friday] Entertainment calendar Friday The Corner Pub is having two guest DJ's, DJ Slappy and DJ Dicky, along with their house DJ, DJ Haus, from 10 p.m. to 3 a.m. Steve Michaels will be performing from 8 to 11 p.m. at the Star City Bar and Grill. Country singer Matt Mason is havin
- [friday] Column: Science experiments can hurt I've never had a proper nickname. My family had a cat named Sadie growing up. I read somewhere that Sally was a common diminutive of Sarah. None of that ever stuck for me, though. I didn't use enough glue. But if I'm honest, people have called me ple
Movie preview: “Lone Survivor”
Plot: Based on a true story, four Navy SEALs embark on a sensitive mission into the Afghan mountains to capture or kill a key Taliban commander.
Movie preview: “Her”
Plot: A complex, soulful man becomes intrigued with a new, advanced operating system, which promises to be an intuitive entity in its own right, individual to each user.
Movie preview: “The Legend of Hercules”
Plot: Betrayed by his stepfather, and exiled and sold into slavery because of a forbidden love, Hercules must use his formidable powers to fight his way back, overthrow the king and restore peace to the land.
- [friday] Best bet Start year off right by giving blood Start the new year off on the right foot by giving back to the community. How? You can start by making it a point to get out to one of the upcoming blood drives. You'll have two chances this weekend. From 1 p.m.
- [friday] Entertainment calendar Saturday ELECTRONIC RECYCLING: The Cass County Solid Waste Management District is hosting a community electronics recycling event from 9 a.m. to noon, at Spencer Park, Logansport. The vendor, RecycleForce, will be asking for a $10 donation, if possib
- More Entertainment Headlines
- Movie preview: “Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit”