Movie preview: “The Monuments Men”
Plot: As the Third Reich begins to topple, the German army receives orders to destroy every work of art in their possession. Determined to prevent 1,000 years of culture from going up in flames, American president FDR assembles an unlikely World War II platoon.
Movie preview: “Vampire Academy”
Plot: Based on the book series, Rose is a Dhampir, a half-human/half-vampire, who is training to be a guardian at St Vladimir’s Academy along with many others like her.
- [friday]: If only it were warm outside Idon't know if I ever knew the meaning of stir-crazy before. I survived the first cold snap this month with no problem. Two days without leaving my house? A breeze. That's what books are for. And five-hour-long versions of the novel "Pride and Prejud
Movie preview: “Labor Day”
Plot: On a back-to-school shopping trip, depressed single mom Adele and her son Henry offer a wounded, fearsome man a ride and a place to hide out.
Movie preview: “That Awkward Moment”
Plot: Three best friends find themselves where we’ve all been — at that confusing moment in every dating relationship when you have to decide “So...where is this going?”
Movie preview: “I, Frankenstein”
Plot: 200 years after his shocking creation, Dr. Frankenstein’s creature, Adam, still walks the earth. But when he finds himself in the middle of a war over the fate of humanity between powerful gargoyles and infernal demons.
Movie preview: “Ride Along”
Plot: Ben is a motor-mouthed high-school security guard who longs to marry his gorgeous girlfriend. But before he can propose, he must first get the approval of her brother, James, a decorated Atlanta police detective.
Movie preview: “Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit”
Plot: To his friends and loved ones, young Jack Ryan appears to be an ordinary executive. He has, however, secretly worked for the CIA for years.
- [friday] column: Not my cup of tea Not my cup of tea A friend of mine was sipping tea in his room, nursing a cold. I was exchanging messages with him over Facebook. And he started telling me how great tea was. I'm no tea snob. One of my coworkers had to tell me the right word for that
- [friday]: It's time for a new git-fiddle Few people wake up on their day off and say, "Hey! I think I'll buy a guitar today." Or maybe they do. I don't know. I don't usually go stalking random people on their days off only to ask them just as they wake, "Hey dude, what do you really want to
- More Entertainment Headlines
- Movie preview: “The Monuments Men”