Road limits lifted for holiday weekend
The Indiana Department of Transportation instituted a road work moratorium for the Labor Day weekend beginning Friday afternoon until the morning hours of Tuesday.
Wherever possible, road restrictions will be removed to ease traffic flow for the influx of holiday drivers. Some closures and restrictions will remain on larger projects that cannot safely reopen to traffic.
State police to have checkpoint
DELPHI — Late Friday evening, the Indiana State Police Lafayette Post will conduct an enforcement checkpoint targeting impaired drivers in Carroll County. A saturation patrol will be occurring before and after the checkpoint.
Motorists are asked to have their driver’s license and vehicle registrations available when entering the checkpoint. This will help minimize the amount of time spent at the checkpoint. Motorists can expect short delays of only 2 to 3 minutes.
“The goal of the checkpoint is to decrease the number of alcohol -elated crashes in the area.” Sgt. Dan Ziegler said. “This will help in decreasing the number of crashes in a high-crash zone area.”
• Plan ahead and always designate a sober driver before consuming alcohol.
• Don’t drive your vehicle if you’ve been drinking alcohol. Call a taxi or a sober friend. A cab ride is cheaper than a D.U.I. arrest.
• Take care of your friends. Never let a friend drive while impaired. Take their keys.
• If you are hosting a party, always offer non-alcoholic beverages. Make sure all of your guests leave with a sober driver.
• Never provide alcohol to anyone under the legal drinking age of 21.
Motorists are encouraged to report suspected impaired drivers by calling 911. Give a vehicle description and direction of travel. Never follow an impaired driver.
LMH guild selling bread for fundraiser
The Mary Dykeman Guild of Logansport Memorial Hospital is sponsoring a La Braid bread fundraiser. Each loaf is $13. The money needs to be received by Sept. 3. You may turn in your orders and money by stopping by the Gift Shop at the Memorial Hospital or by contacting Barb Stilwell at 574-735-0768.