The Logansport Parks & Recreation Department has begun to recruit volunteers from families, businesses and non-profit groups for Adopt-A-Spot locations in the Logansport Parks. The program was formalized by the Logansport Parks Board last fall. The purpose of the program is to organize volunteers to beautify Logansport City Parks at specific locations throughout our parks.
Volunteers may be any person, business or organization who is interested in landscaping and beautifying the Logansport Parks and is willing to make a commitment to do the work.
Several Adopt-a-Spot locations have been identified, but the Parks Department is flexible on specific locations and is willing to work with volunteers to enhance their own vision.
Volunteers’ responsibilities are as follows:
• Sign agreement for one-, two- or three-year period
• Attend informational/training session
• Provide labor for Adopt-a-Spot location
• Provide materials, flowers and shrubbery for Adopt-a-Spot location
• Regularly maintain Adopt-a-Spot location by adding seasonal flowers, removing undesirable vegetative materials and watering
• Dispose of trash and “yard waste” using methods required by the City of Logansport
• Check in with Parks Department by phone or online to notify of work completed, and time spent
The Logansport Parks Department responsibilities have been identified as follows:
• Train volunteers by providing information about the Adopt-a-Spot program, specific Adopt-a-Spot locations, vegetative material available through Parks Department and other relevant subjects.
• Provide support as necessary
• Provide flowers and other supplies as available
• Provide liability insurance to the volunteer for work completed at Adopt-a-Spot location
• Provide recognition signage for adoptee at the Adopt-a-Spot location
• Recognize volunteers for their service
Those interested in the Adopt-A-Spot program should contact the Parks Department and attend an informational /training session. Those sessions will take place at 5 p.m. Feb. 19 and March 4, or at noon Feb. 27. Those interested need only attend one of the three possible times.