From staff reports
The Civic Players of Logansport has set auditions for its upcoming production of "Frankestein."
In the play, Victor Frankenstein, a brilliant young scientist, returns to his Swiss chateau to escape a terrible pursuer. No one can shake free the dark secret that terrifies him: not his mother, nor his fiancee, nor his best friend. Even the pleading of a gypsy girl accused of murdering Victor's younger brother falls on deaf ears, for Victor has brought into being a creature made from pieces of the dead. The creature tracks Victor to his sanctuary to demand a bride to share its loneliness. Against his better judgment, Victor agrees and soon the household is invaded by murder, despair and terror.
Four males and four females are needed, including:
• Victor Frankenstein: A scientist in his mid-20s to mid-30s.
• Henry Cavel: Scientist and trusted friend of Victor Frankenstein, mid-20s to mid-30s.
• Elizabeth: A year younger than Victor Frankenstein, she is his fiancee and childhood friend.
• Frau Frankenstein: Victor Frankenstein's aged mother
• Justine: A young gypsy girl
• Ernst: A police inspector in his late 30s or older
• Sophie: The housekeeper in her mid-20s or older.
• The creature: An artificially created man of no specific age. He needs to be tall but ordinary beyond that. He is not the monster as portrayed in the movies.
Auditions will be held at the Civic Players building at 1115 Erie Ave., Logansport, at the following times: 6 to 9 p.m. Friday, May 23; noon to 4 p.m. and 6 to 8 p.m. Saturday, May 24; 6 to 9 p.m. Friday, May 30; and noon to 4 p.m. and 6 to 8 p.m. Saturday, May 31.
Additional audition dates may be available.
Show dates are Sept. 19, 20 and 21 at McHale Performing Arts Center in Logansport.
For more information, contact Director Peter Noakes at firstname.lastname@example.org.