Girl Scouts offer up cookies for donation
The American Red Cross and Girl Scouts are again joining forces for “Give Blood. Get a Cookie.” Now in its second year, the event will include blood drives across northern Indiana and Michigan.
During the “Give Blood. Get a Cookie” blood drives in January, those donating will receive Girl Scout cookies.
Upcoming blood drives are as follows:
• From 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 11, at the Moose Lodge, Peru.
• From 12:30 to 4:30 p.m. Friday, Jan. 24, at Talma Community Building, Rochester.
• From 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 29, at Ivy Tech, Logansport.
Snowmobile/ORV registration switches
Mandatory registration for owners of snowmobiles and other outdoor recreational vehicles switched on Jan. 1 from being handled by the Department of Natural Resources to being handled by the Bureau of Motor Vehicles.
Registration is valid for three years and must be renewed every three years thereafter, also for $30. Registration may be completed online at mybmv.com or in person at a BMV branch.
Questions about the process should be directed to the BMV at 1-888-692-6841.
United Way sets victory celebration
The United Way of Cass County will have its Annual Meeting and Victory Celebration from 11:30 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. Feb. 26 at Cross-Wind United Methodist Church. Reservations are $10 and can be made by calling the United Way office at 753-3533 or by emailing Becky Anspach, director of donor relations and resource development, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Community garden classes rescheduled
Thomas Henderson of The Acts Project is offering a free seven lesson series on community gardening:
• From 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. every Tuesday evening from Jan. 14 to Feb. 25 at Logansport Memorial Hospital
• From 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. every Wednesday morning from Jan. 15 to Feb. 26 at Revolution Community Church
· From 11 a.m. to noon every Friday from Jan. 17 to Feb. 28 at the CLEDO community room