- Hardware store owner: After 40 years, 'it's time' Arone’s Hardware, a staple of life on Logansport’s south side, is up for sale.Pat Arone, who with deceased husband Joe Arone bought the hardware store in 1975, said she’s facing facts.“It was a very, very hard decision to make,” Arone said. “I just f
- Small Parts employee buys Ultimate Fitness Ultimate Fitness on Logansport’s west side is under new ownership.Steve Raderstorf, an employee at Small Parts, took over the health club July 1. A lifelong Logansport resident, Raderstorf said he and fiancee Lisa Jasmantas planned to keep their curr
- Business news in brief, July 13 Osenbaugh to lead Ivy Tech paralegal programKOKOMO — Kristi Osenbaugh, a native of Cass County, has been named program chair of the Paralegal Studies program at Ivy Tech Community College Kokomo Region.Osenbaugh will direct the Ivy Tech program that
- ON THE JOB: Office etiquette for the new professional Getting that first full-time job can be a bit overwhelming if you’re a recent grad or new professional. The rest of your life is ahead of you and this entry-level opportunity could be the beginning of a long and successful career. Having a firm grasp
- Consumer Reports: 8 home insurance policy shockers You probably bought your home policy years ago, then stuffed it in a file somewhere. Will it be there for you when you need it? asks ShopSmart, the shopping magazine from the publisher of Consumer Reports. Here’s how to protect yourself:1. You’ll pro
Inventor pushes solar panels for roads, highways
The solar panels that Idaho inventor Scott Brusaw has built aren't meant for rooftops. They are meant for roads, driveways, parking lots, bike trails and, eventually, highways.
US stocks lower due to European banking worries
Stocks fell Thursday as worries about the soundness of a European bank spooked U.S. investors, prompting them to sell off stocks and snap up less risky assets like gold and governments bonds. However, the declines were half of what they were earlier in the session.
WellPoint CEO: Insurer readies for technology wave
WellPoint CEO Joseph Swedish says that when people ask what a doctor's appointment will be like in the future, they assume that patients will physically have to visit an office.
Recipe for higher sales: Add fiber, cinnamon
General Mills hopes a pinch of cinnamon and a dash of fiber will be a recipe for stronger sales.
Stocks creep up after 2 days of losses
Stocks inched higher midday Wednesday, reversing a two-day decline, as the quarterly earnings season got underway with some positive news from the giant aluminum company Alcoa.
- More Business Headlines