- Landing Downtown: Volunteers key to beautifying city April 6 through 12 is National Volunteer Week, which is an opportunity for all of us to thank the volunteers who impact our lives every day in a number of ways, both large and small. I'm always baffled by people who say "oh, I'm not a volunteer." Rea
- Where will the farm bill take us? Robin Roberts farms 1,000 acres in Marshall County, and the past five years have been good ones financially. But Thursday, Roberts was contemplating the end of direct federal payments to farmers, and the impact it’s going to have on his Plymouth farm
- 4 generations, 1 business For Juanita Hurd, family time isn't just on weekends and holidays. It's every day. Hurd, one of the partners in Dibble and Hurd Tax Services in Logansport, works with her daughter, granddaughter and great-granddaughter for long hours each tax season.
- IDOR offers payment plan for taxes due INDIANAPOLIS -- More than 1.9 million Indiana taxpayers had filed their annual tax returns as of Thursday, according to a news release from the Indiana Department of Revenue. Individuals must file and pay before the individual income tax deadline on
- Business news in brief, March 30, 2014 Logan author publishes book Logansport author Christa Ashley Gorman recently published a collection of stories, "Awakening: A Catalog of Dreams," through Dorrance Publishing Co., Inc. "Awakening" is a collection of dreams. These dreams, each a short
- CLEDO CHAT: What goes into economic development? CLEDO has gone through a number of changes over the years, and more recently reorganized from LEDF (Logansport Cass Economic Development Foundation) to CLEDO (Cass Logansport Economic Development Organization), and within the past six months to CLEDO
- Business news in brief, March 23, 2014 Author publishes second novel Author David J. Kirk, Logansport, is in the process of launching his second novel, "Cornerstones," published by Martin Sisters Publishing LLC. While his first novel dealt with coming of age through the teen years, Corner
- BIZ BUZZ: LMH switches to Franciscan for cardiology Logansport Memorial Hospital is switching providers for its cardiology services. The hospital signed a partnership agreement with Franciscan St. Elizabeth Health and Franciscan Physician Network for cardiology services, effective June 2. LMH Presiden
AG SPECIAL REPORT: Sickening swine
The virus hits. Weaned hogs sicken, lose fluids -- in just about every imaginable way -- and weaken for a few days until the virus passes through their system. It's like having the flu. But in nursing piglets, the consequences are far worse.
- ON THE JOB: The horrifying cover letter When students come to my office to get some help on job searches or resumes, they often ask, "What is 'the cover letter'?" or "Do I really need a cover letter? Nobody reads it." The answer is "Yes! You do need a cover letter!" For every employer who
- More Business Headlines