---- — MCF issues quarterly staff awards
BUNKER HILL — Miami Correctional Facility honored several correctional leaders with quarterly “Leadership Challenge Awards” recently.
Those recognized were:
• Inspire a Shared Vision (Search for opportunities by seeking innovative ways to change, grow, and improve) — Officer Anthony Conrad. He was hired at MCF as a Correctional Officer in November 2007.
• Enabling Others to Act (Strengthen others by sharing power and discretion) — Officer Barbara Gillian. Ofc. Gillian was hired as a Cook 2 at MCF in July 1999. She promoted to Food Service Supervisor in April 2001 and to a Correctional Officer in October 2001. She left the facility and returned as an officer in June 2006.
• Challenge the Process (Experiment and take risks by constantly generating small wins and learning from mistakes) — Sgt. Mark Hall. Sgt. Hall was hired at MCF in March 2000 as a Correctional Officer. In June 2002 he was promoted to sergeant.
• Encourage the Heart (Recognize contributions by showing appreciation for individual excellence) — Billy Sturgill. Sturgill began his career at MCF as a Maintenance Repairman in September 2011.
• Model the Way (Set the example by aligning actions with shared values) — Sgt. Charles Shaffer. Sgt. Shaffer was hired in October 2002 as a correctional officer and was promoted to sergeant in October 2006.
Raderstorf promotedto financial adviser
Wealth Management Solutions LLC has promoted Lisa Raderstorf to Financial Adviser.
Most recently, she served as Registered Assistant at Wealth Management Solutions LLC where she was responsible for support services. Previously, Raderstorf held registered assistant positions with NatCity Investments and PNC Investments.
Wealth Management Solutions LLC customizes wealth management solutions and investment guidance delivered through a team of local financial experts.
Raderstorf offers comprehensive financial planning services through Creative Financial Designs Inc., a registered investment adviser, and investment securities through cfd Investments, Inc., a Registered Broker/Dealer, Member FINRA and SIPC.
IDOC pulls in Special Olympics donations
INDIANAPOLIS — Miami Correctional Facility was among the more than 500 Indiana Department of Correction staff members representing 24 teams participating in the 2013 FedEx Plane Pull Challenge at the former Indianapolis International Airport recently.
Through various fundraisers and donations, the IDOC raised almost $45,000 for Special Olympics Indiana. While every IDOC team put forth a valiant effort to pull the 164,000 pound FedEx Boeing 757 across the tarmac, Putnamville Correctional Facility’s team, The Dark Knight Rises II, had the fastest overall time for the second year in a row, pulling the plane 12 feet in just 5.116 seconds.
MCF’s team made the pull in 6.003 seconds coming in 12th in the Public Safety Division. The team raised $2,090 for Special Olympics.
Health and Wellness event Sept. 30-Oct. 1
INDIANAPOLIS — The 2013 Indiana Employee Health and Wellness Summit takes place Sept. 30 and Oct. 1 at the Crowne Plaza at Union Station in downtown Indianapolis. The Indiana Chamber of Commerce — along with the Wellness Council of Indiana, INShape Indiana and the American Diabetes Association — is hosting the two-day session.
Organizations can learn how to take wellness initiatives to the next level, how to use goal-setting to improve health, how to become an AcheiveWELL Five-Star Certified organization and much more.
The two-day summit will include ducational break-out sessions and the health and wellness expo with more than 40 industry vendors in attendance.
Dr. Jo Litchen, America’s on-the-go-health guru, will deliver the opening keynote Oct. 1, and Hank Orme, former president of Lincoln Industries, will give the closing address.
The cost for the summit is $299 for both days; $109 for those attending on Sept. 30; and $199 for those attending on Oct. 1. The reduced student price is $99 for one day or $199 for both days. Companies sending one representative may send a second for half price.
To register, visit www.indianachamber.com/conferences, visit the Indiana Employee Health and Wellness Summit web site at www.indianawellnesssummit.com, or call 317-264-6885 or 800-824-6885.