- Breaking news
Police: Man stole van, lead police on chase, crashes into fire hydrant at Grissom
A 28-year-old man was arrested Monday night after deputies say he fled in a stolen van and crashed it into a fire hydrant near Grissom Air Reserve Base.
Schools shut down as police standoff unfolds in Peru
A Peru man is now in police custody after a standoff at his residence early this morning.
Federal government shuts down
For the first time in nearly two decades, the federal government staggered into a partial shutdown early Tuesday morning after congressional Republicans stubbornly demanded changes in the nation's health care law as the price for essential federal funding and President Barack Obama and Democrats adamantly refused.
18th Street crossing now open to traffic
The 18th Street railroad crossing just north of Main Street is now open.
ISTEP scores released after months-long delay
The much-delayed ISTEP+ scores that were released publicly today show continued improvement by students statewide on the standardized tests that measure proficiency the core subjects of math and English.
Two arrested after road-racing incident
Two men are now in jail after an apparent road-racing incident in Fulton County, according to the sheriff department there. At 11:07 p.m. Monday, the sheriff department was dispatched to a 911 complaint of a vehicle driving in excess of 100 mph south
- Deputies: Peru man burns neighbor's U.S. flag PERU -- A 21-year-old Peru man faces charges of desecrating an American flag after deputies say he cut his neighbor's flag down from a poll and burned it in his backyard. Deputies arrested Brett M. Bishop, 3200 block of North 190 West, after police
- Cass County crash claims life A 57-year-old man was pronounced dead at the scene of a crash Wednesday evening. Cass County sheriff's deputies responded to a one-vehicle crash at U.S. 24 at 400 West at about 5:14 p.m. Wednesday. According to a press release from the sheriff's depa
10 dogs from Miami Co. kennel die in transport to Texas
Ten dogs from Vohne Liche Kennels in Denver, Ind., died Monday while being transported from the training center in Denver, north of Kokomo, to Fort Bliss in El Paso, Texas.
- One killed, two injured in crash Friday One was killed and two were hospitalized in a car crash on a Cass County road Friday night after the driver of one of the vehicles failed to yield at an intersection, according to press release from the Cass County Sheriff's Department. The Cass Coun
- More Breaking news Headlines
- Police: Man stole van, lead police on chase, crashes into fire hydrant at Grissom