Click here for the 2012 top ten essays
RULES AND GUIDELINES
YOUR LOCAL HERO ESSAY CONTEST
• Open to grades 1st through 6th at participating elementary schools.
• Entry form will be published in the Pharos-Tribune on Friday, February 5th. All students and faculty members will receive a paper.
• Students should write a 100 word essay on someone they would consider a “LOCAL HERO.” This can be a community member, a family member, a friend, etc.
• Entries will be picked up by Wednesday, February 22nd. We will then pick the top ten essays and publish them in the Pharos-Tribune on Tuesday, February 28th along with a voting ballot form.
• Students and readers will have the opportunity to vote on the top ten essays. Ballot boxes will be available at all participating schools and the downtown Pharos-Tribune office.
• The ballot boxes will then be picked up by Monday, March 12th and the votes will be tallied.
• The three winning stories will then be published in the Friday, March 23rd edition of the Pharos-Tribune. We will once again provide every student and faculty member with a copy of that days issue of the Pharos-Tribune.
• Prizes will be awarded for the top three essays and the local heros.
Official entry form is available in the Friday, Februrary 10, 2012 edition of the Pharos-Tribune.