- Local News
Boy severely injured in crash out of ICU
A boy involved in an all-terrain vehicle crash April 6 has left the intensive care unit and undergone what doctors and his family hope to be his final brain surgery. Kohle Wildrick, 12, a Galveston Elementary sixth-grade student, remains hospitalizedContinued ...
- Police blotter: April 25, 2014
- Fairy tale remix: Lewis Cass presents "Once Upon a Mattress"
- Boy severely injured in crash out of ICU
- Local Sports
Keisling enjoys Lewis Cass’ semistate run in basketball
Austin Keisling and the Lewis Cass boys basketball team certainly celebrated the school's 50th anniversary in style. The Kings were golden this year, going 22-3 and making a run to the semistate. Keisling said he didn't know it was Cass' 50th anniverContinued ...
- Lady Kings track darts past Eastern, Western
- Kings split with Carroll
- Keisling enjoys Lewis Cass’ semistate run in basketball
- Community happenings
STOTSKY: The next step redux in education standards
Writing at National Review Online, Rick Hess and Mike McShane of the American Enterprise Institute make the complaint that critics of Common Core have not come up with the next steps to "repeal and replace" for states that want to restore academic inContinued ...
- WILLIAMS: Get out on the highway
- THEIR VIEW: Indiana needs open primary elections
- STOTSKY: The next step redux in education standards
[friday]: You can't explain that
The Easter Bunny reminds me mostly of a certain brand of battery, of a Monty Python movie and of chocolate, in that order. I can explain all of that, I really can. But I ran into trouble trying to explain a simple Easter egg hunt the other day. I worContinued ...
- Movie preview: “Transcendence”
- Movie preview: “Bears”
- Movie preview: “A Haunted House 2”
- Movie preview: “Heaven Is For Real”
- [friday]: You can't explain that