- Local News
Police blotter: April 23, 2014
Have a tip? Anyone with information on a crime is encouraged to call Crime Stoppers at 800-222-TIPS. Information leading to an arrest or conviction could lead to a reward of up to $1,000.Continued ...
- Mall mortgage up for auction
- Being kind to their mother: Lewis Cass students plant trees on Earth Day
- Police blotter: April 23, 2014
- Local Sports
Kings split with Carroll
Lewis Cass had mixed results in a track meet against Carroll Tuesday in Walton. The Kings won the boys event 71-60 and lost the girls event 69-63. In the boys event, Austin Keisling was a triple winner as the Kings got good efforts from some athletesContinued ...
- LINDLEY: Hoops stars may linger on campus a while longer
- Pioneer wins MWC tilt
- Kings split with Carroll
- Community happenings
THEIR VIEW: Indiana needs open primary elections
Indiana's primary election system is dysfunctional. What the state really needs is an open primary system. This month, the Lake County election board argued about the procedures for recruiting high school students as poll workers for the May 6 primarContinued ...
- KITCHELL: Tax bills show what smoke & mirrors don't
- MARCUS: Illinois brings joy to Indiana
- THEIR VIEW: Indiana needs open primary elections
[friday]: You can't explain that
The Easter Bunny reminds me mostly of a certain brand of battery, of a Monty Python movie and of chocolate, in that order. I can explain all of that, I really can. But I ran into trouble trying to explain a simple Easter egg hunt the other day. I worContinued ...
- Movie preview: “Transcendence”
- Movie preview: “Bears”
- Movie preview: “A Haunted House 2”
- Movie preview: “Heaven Is For Real”
- [friday]: You can't explain that