- Local News
Police blotter: Dec. 11, 2013
Have a tip? Anyone with information on a crime is encouraged to call Crime Stoppers at 800-222-TIPS. Information leading to an arrest or conviction could lead to a reward of up to $1,000.Continued ...
- Dismantling a depot: Charred Flora landmark being put into storage
- Poll shows Hoosiers' changing opinions on pot and marriage amendment
- Police blotter: Dec. 11, 2013
- Local Sports
Sports briefs, Dec. 10
The Big East Conference on Monday named Logansport High School product Jasmine Penny to its women's basketball weekly honor roll. The DePaul senior's third honor roll accolade of the season comes on the heels of a 93-55 win over Chicago rival Loyola on Saturday.Continued ...
- Logan shoots past Caston, continues county dominance
- Cass boys beat Pioneer 80-43 at county tourney
- Sports briefs, Dec. 10
- Community happenings
MARCUS: Personal property tax evidence needed
The Indiana General Assembly is generous when giving away the revenues of local govern-ments. The latest scheme, advocated by the politicians wielding power at the state level, is to give a nice tax break to businesses at the expense of local governmContinued ...
- VILLAGE IDIOT: Picture's worth a thousand kilobytes
- PUBLIC FORUM: Carousel thanks the community for support
- MARCUS: Personal property tax evidence needed
[friday]: Best Bets
Catch Pioneer's holiday play this weekend "Fruitcakes" tells the story of the townspeople of McCord's Ferry, through the eyes of a runaway boy, Jamie. The story will also focus on two "little old ladies" who cook for everyone in town and several otheContinued ...
- [friday]: Entertainment calendar
- Movie preview: “Out of the Furnace”
- [friday] column: Book sales aren't for the weak
- [friday]: A Black Friday birthday present
- [friday]: Best Bets