- Local News
Return voyage: Logansport veteran to crew WWII ship
A Logansport man and U.S. Navy veteran is getting a chance to sail on a military vessel again.Starting at the end of this month, Rex Mitchell Ashby will spend about three weeks working in the engine room of LST-325, the last fully operational World WContinued ...
- AP for free? Yes — for low incomes
- Round Barn Festival canceled
- Return voyage: Logansport veteran to crew WWII ship
- Local Sports
Prep roundup: Indians sweep past Kings
Twin Lakes spoiled Lewis Cass’ season opener in volleyball with a three-set win Thursday in Walton. The Indians came away with a 25-14, 25-16, 25-18 victory on the road in their second match of the season. They had a four-set loss against Winamac toContinued ...
- Berries put together memorable season in '68
- Peru set for new campaign
- Prep roundup: Indians sweep past Kings
- Community happenings
FREY: An ode to service days gone by
There were many times in the past year that I walked by the small glass corner curio cabinet.I often glanced at the photographs from the corners of my eyes as I made my way past the nurse’s station and out the pass-coded locked doors.It is one of manContinued ...
- THEIR VIEW: Looking out for youth and e-cigarettes
- WOLFSIE: A matter of bad habits
- FREY: An ode to service days gone by
In this photo taken Friday, July 11, 2014, Bentley Oglesbee isn't sure he wants anything to do with the "Peanut" during Dairy judging at the Cass Co. 4-H Fair in Logansport. (AP Photo/Logansport Pharos-Tribune, Steve Summers)
PHOTO GALLERIES: Sights from the 2014 Cass Co. Fair
Check out the sights from the 2014 Cass County Fair in these nine photo galleries! Sights from the Fair: bit.ly/Wg1ngS Monday Fair events: bit.ly/1yocmlU The sheep and the goats: bit.ly/1oFGORs Fair food and dairy events: bit.ly/1ntS1TG Tractor squar
- PHOTO GALLERY: Area Fourth of July celebrations
- PHOTO GALLERIES: Sights from the 2014 Cass Co. Fair
[friday]: Feeling like... not a nerd
I‘ve never felt so non-nerdy in my life.If you’ve read this column, oh, once or twice, you probably know I’m an unabashed nerd. I get it legitimately. My mom was a Trekkie and my dad drew maps of cities on his high school chalkboard. Logically, I shoContinued ...
- Julianne Hough dances back to 'Dancing' as judge
- Seth Meyers prizes his new role as Emmycast host
- Emmys: Billy Crystal to pay tribute to Williams
- SNL alum Chris Kattan gets probation for DUI
- [friday]: Feeling like... not a nerd